• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

for beef guys

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 15444 View Post
    'Sustainable' (whatever the **** that means) cows still fart and burp. Nothing is going to change that fact. So if producers are going to buy into global warming, they are ****ing themselves in the long term. Doesn't matter if beef or grain, the liberal elites are out to shape how and where you do business.
    I think sustainable means using land that can't be used for other purposes....so every acre is usable ...the UN has no reason to impact my business....these guys have been saying for decades something about feeding the world.....it appears they still have some work to do on that file....

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
      I think sustainable means using land that can't be used for other purposes....so every acre is usable ...the UN has no reason to impact my business....these guys have been saying for decades something about feeding the world.....it appears they still have some work to do on that file....
      UN and Trudeau would be much happier if it wasn't being used at all and just become one big national park.

UN sees more suckers willing to spend big on climate change than world hunger. I could give shit less about starving 3rd world kids while their useless parents are in the bedroom trying to create another. Sterilizing some of these pricks would do a lot more good towards ending hunger.

Comment

Expanding cities on some of the best farmland should be looked at. But then again the swamp people would want a frog to be saved.

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
          Yes true...good point grass farmer....but I think you realize I am talking about the environment and I don't think Canada is a major polluter compared to other countries...

And if the alarmists would take us off a per capita basis for pollution ...many would realize this...

Or if canada had 150 million people ...what would the results be....

World wars then, climate change now - both the biggest challenges facing mankind in their respective eras so the comparison is valid.

With 0.5% of the world's population and producing 1.66% of the world's emissions we are one of the nations with the highest per capita emissions - you can't deny that. When we are talking about the problems caused by man made GHG emissions and how to address that problem of course we talk about per capita emissions - it makes no sense to talk about geographical size of the country.
          If you're in favour of moving to a per acre basis to quantify emissions are you also in favour of splitting the total federal taxation burden by the acre or do you prefer it to be per person?

Comment

Originally posted by grassfarmer View Post
            World wars then, climate change now - both the biggest challenges facing mankind in their respective eras so the comparison is valid.

With 0.5% of the world's population and producing 1.66% of the world's emissions we are one of the nations with the highest per capita emissions - you can't deny that. When we are talking about the problems caused by man made GHG emissions and how to address that problem of course we talk about per capita emissions - it makes no sense to talk about geographical size of the country.
            If you're in favour of moving to a per acre basis to quantify emissions are you also in favour of splitting the total federal taxation burden by the acre or do you prefer it to be per person?

Maybe you would prefer to go on a per animal in herd for methane emissions. ?

Holy cow ...you want the UN determining your business?

Comment

If prefer if Quebec would pull their weight and quit leaching of the rest of Canada with a false economy run by the mafia and the Hells Angels

And for not only us crop producers but all cattlemen not to get all this false negative environment b/S slung on all of us just trying to raise families as responsible as possible of the land growing some of the healthiest food on the planet.
              That would be great 👍
              Last edited by furrowtickler; Aug 12, 2019, 17:20.

Comment

They sure made a difference it two world wars. Good job for the world that they didn't sit on their hands then and say they couldn't do anything (and with an even smaller population back then)
                I have to call foul on that one grassy.

For sure WW1 the Canadians were more or less cannon fodder (Shock Troops?) commanded by much smarter British Generals and signed up under extreme propaganda. They did preform much abouve expectations for a bunch of Knuckle dragging red necks.

I expect the Scotchmen were more savy?

WW2 started the same but at least they ditched the Limey Generals later in the war.

The results weren't trivial and could be measured an multiples of the old guard at times.

Again lots of propaganda (BS?) involved.

How did the Scots react to the British propaganda machine? They had a lot more at stake.

Comment

Originally posted by shtferbrains View Post
                  I have to call foul on that one grassy.

For sure WW1 the Canadians were more or less cannon fodder (Shock Troops?) commanded by much smarter British Generals and signed up under extreme propaganda. They did preform much abouve expectations for a bunch of Knuckle dragging red necks.

I expect the Scotchmen were more savy?

WW2 started the same but at least they ditched the Limey Generals later in the war.

The results weren't trivial and could be measured an multiples of the old guard at times.

Again lots of propaganda (BS?) involved.

How did the Scots react to the British propaganda machine? They had a lot more at stake.
                  I use the "much smarter" as a reflection of where we are today.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...
                  X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                  You agree to our and by clicking I agree.