• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ag more than ever is Done.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ag more than ever is Done.

It was a cute saying and people gobbled it up but the reality with farming in Canada, we live in the land of No Gov support.

Every time the US farmer takes a hit on Soy or Corn we feel it just as bad or worse and our prices are adjusted downward.

The US farmer got a subsidy in winter and canola dropped by that same amount.

The Canadian Gov said it was a Science-based issue and they would deal with it.

How has that worked with the Pea and Lentil markets with India?

Our organizations that work for farmers behalf in Canada are useless fools who won't stand up for farmers at any cost. They are like the dogs our fathers had in the back windows of a car in the 60s. Heads bobbing up and down. Yes, men.

First ill explain some stuff for the new farmers. We saw this shit show before. We were told to compete and adjust to the new reality as the feds couldn't help us out and basically you either changed or got run over and sold out. People actually rented land from others for taxes. Yea that is correct. Yes, debt review was set up but the reality is it was a polite way to exit and get out. Some bought back assets but others just gave up and left.

Mental health HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA that is a joke as I am dealing with the Medical system with my mother now and you're basically on your own. If you leave it up to the experts your ****#ED. Social workers are needed to deal with hospitals and they just move paper and document everything for themselves. Things you complain about they look like a deer in headlights.

Well, anyone needing mental health help needs a family willing to go the extra mile to make sure they get help. Strong family will help but leaving it to the experts you become a number and they do nothing.

Back to Ag and the shit show were in now.

You know with today's prices for inputs and equipment you'll almost need a 100 wheat and 100 canola to make ends meet. The companies don't care as they are concerned about one thing and that's their profit, not yours. The seed tax is an example of corporate welfare and they will get it, trust me its almost a done deal.

Ag more than ever should read. AG keep working till we figure out how to replace farmers and then watch food prices skyrocket.

The new food guide is an example of the shit show in Ag. Yes, plant-based blah blah blah dog shit food is what they are pushing. Now as a Pea farmer I should be ecstatic. HAHAHAHAH is my comment if for one second you believe we farmers will benefit I have some nice oceanfront property in the desert for you. This is about company profits. They will purchase peas or lentils of any kind of dog food price will look good compared to the price you will get. Then they will have a filler add the chemicals needed to make shit burgers etc. This is about profit. Cheap filler and few chemicals and sell for the same as beef etc or chicken. Its all about the profit and stupid consumers just can't figure it out.

Why am I getting more down on Ag every day is really simple. Trudeau will win the fall election because of Quebec and Ontario. Scheer is playing this election wrong and needs to go for the throat of the fool along time ago.

So what will ag look like with four more years of Trudeau? Think to look listen.

More immigrants are ok but why not south African farmers etc. We will be outvoted real fast. I like my new neighbours but guess what these are Drs. Lawyers in Wascana buying these houses.

Most arent.

Second, once were outvoted were screwed.

Well, we have been screwed for a long time. Ag is hurting in western Canada and get ready for the ride it's going to get a lot worse. The feds don't care about farming and when he wins again they won't even return our calls. Sort of like china now with Freeland.

Ag No More.

The above was written because I feel we're on way too low prices and really low prices. If the shit show supplier keeps increasing our costs how long till we're doing it all for shits and giggles because there is no profit.

If soy drops the price of canola will follow and fall hard.

If corn goes down the price of feed products in Canada will drop huge amounts.

Peas are in the shitter and so is lentils etc.

Also, anyone who believes there crop insurance statement that the feds and province pick up half your smoking ****ing dope.

Its an insurance and based on the average individual cost it cash flows. Those two lines are to make you feel like your getting something from them.

Ag stab is a joke.

Ag invest is gutted so only one good program out there with min amount.

Private insurance is profit insurance it's not to keep you farming.

Strap in the shit show some of us have been calling is about to hit us full force.

Comment

Maybe it's time for a reset anyway, as long as we don't lose too many young farmers or a new generation of potential farmers.

We can all look around our neighborhood and see how many farms in the mid eighties early nineties had potential farmers that were either discouraged to farm or weren't interested, but maybe if they would have seen some affluence in their parents lives instead of stress, heartache, anxiety and penny pinching.......

Comment

We have a very poor lobby effort in Western Canada....very poor ROI on dollars spent for lobbying...

whether it be APAS, conservative MPs , saskparty MPs , any checkoff funding organization ...

All very silent...

the way Ralph likes it...

But all still in my wallet....and everyone of them will pat themselves on the back...and tell themselves good job...

You don't have to ask...they will tell you how good a job they are doing...

Comment

If I could have confidence that AB is really ready to do something if skippy gets in again I would say bring it on and even cast my vote for good(fornothing)dale to speed it up.

It isnt just ag thats ignored. Its the whole palliser triangle. Skippy flys to BC once a week, even goes into welfare Atlantic Canada. Doles money out all over those places. Never ever stops in here to shore up our industries. In fact beats them down even more.

Best we can hope for is to hold him to a minority govt then he joins with Liz May and we are screwed twice s fast. But there will be a nasty recession in there like the early 1980s.

Comment

Felt like the eighties all over again for damn near a year now.
            This summer a son of a *****.
            So wish I had been able to retire last year.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
              If I could have confidence that AB is really ready to do something if skippy gets in again I would say bring it on and even cast my vote for good(fornothing)dale to speed it up.

It isnt just ag thats ignored. Its the whole palliser triangle. Skippy flys to BC once a week, even goes into welfare Atlantic Canada. Doles money out all over those places. Never ever stops in here to shore up our industries. In fact beats them down even more.

Best we can hope for is to hold him to a minority govt then he joins with Liz May and we are screwed twice s fast. But there will be a nasty recession in there like the early 1980s.
              Elizabeth May is not even close to spending time in reality anymore....

Comment

For SK from a fellow wascana view refugee, there is a little ponzi scheme going on in this area. Dont be fooled by shiny things. Some of those briliant doctors and lawyers are balls deep into negative equity over here. You dont build a $5m house in Regina. The taxes alone on those are $30k a year. Those guys will be riding those fake plasterboard homes to the grave.

Comment

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post
                  Felt like the eighties all over again for damn near a year now.
                  This summer a son of a *****.
                  So wish I had been able to retire last year.
                  While farmaholic says there were lots of farmers lost in the 80s and its true.....the generation of farmers lost this go round is pretty important to watch....

They will retire and rather go pump gas....they have the ability to greet people pleasantly (not me but most) ...show up for work and live rather cheap if need be...

Who is going to do the farming?????shift workers???? TFW funded by the government????

Comment

Do I see a slant towards sociolisim ,gov money ,payouts,programs, all the while maximum imputs trying to drive prices at least localy down. Did anyone ever think if we quit buying fert,chem,new iron, all of a sudden we would have a lot more allies, and as a bonus I think our prices would increase somewhat.
                    Unfortuntly its dam the torpedos full speed ahead and "I" will grow all the crops I want to and the marked better figure out how to market them.

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                      Who is going to do the farming?????shift workers???? TFW funded by the government????
                      I think its pretty clear that skippy doesn't want an export based economy. He would rather spend on pet causes than make money for the country. Canada is in for a very nasty surprise probably a couple years out. Probably Liberals spend like crazy to cover it up, people ride with it for a while, change govt who tries to clean it up and then turns on them too just like Doug Ford.

Comment

Originally posted by Horse View Post
                        Do I see a slant towards sociolisim ,gov money ,payouts,programs, all the while maximum imputs trying to drive prices at least localy down. Did anyone ever think if we quit buying fert,chem,new iron, all of a sudden we would have a lot more allies, and as a bonus I think our prices would increase somewhat.
                        Unfortuntly its dam the torpedos full speed ahead and "I" will grow all the crops I want to and the marked better figure out how to market them.
                        Good comments Horse .....BUT...our former customers for our grain are now our competitors...AND our government has destroyed the remaining customers relationships....THEREFORE ...handing our trade to our former customers (now competitors) on a silver platter...

Comment

I think its pretty clear that skippy doesn't want an export based economy. He would rather spend on pet causes than make money for the country. Canada is in for a very nasty surprise probably a couple years out. Probably Liberals spend like crazy to cover it up, people ride with it for a while, change govt who tries to clean it up and then turns on them too just like Doug Ford.
                          Trudeau is just too incompetent to run a country....he was passed his competency level when he quit having tea parties with his kids....

Its just embarrassing already...he is a trained monkey at best...in three years he has made Canada an embarrassment on the world stage....

He has never understood how a person works their way to a 100,000 plus dollar a year job ...because he has never worked .....

The people of Canada are not that stupid to re-elect this fool ...are they?????

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                            The people of Canada are not that stupid to re-elect this fool ...are they?????
                            You would be shocked at the average Canadians intelligence and experience. Yes they would. And if the country gets into trouble, western equalization will bail them out. That's how they think. Its going to be close in Oct and a minority is likely the outcome and that might not be better than what we have now.

I would advise people to have some plan for wealth protection. If skippy gets in I will be booking my capital gains with a sale of my farm into my company.

Comment

You would be shocked at the average Canadians intelligence and experience. Yes they would. And if the country gets into trouble, western equalization will bail them out. That's how they think. Its going to be close in Oct and a minority is likely the outcome and that might not be better than what we have now.

I would advise people to have some plan for wealth protection. If skippy gets in I will be booking my capital gains with a sale of my farm into my company.
                              There is nothing left to tax but farm transitions....probably 250 billion worth of assets have to be rolled in the next 7 years....they want a piece of it...

Disclaimer: Dairies will be excluded....

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.