• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rain event

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just makes harvest a pain.....

It hasn't rained much all year it would have been nice to finish with dry hard ground.....

Comment

Like SKF has always stated “rain makes mud”.

Comment

3+ inches here since Friday night. Some peas and lentils off in the area but most crops still green. Desiccated some lentils just a day before rain started. Cutting pulses will be a sticky challenge now. Yield reports on harvested crops so far have been very strong

Comment

I see that EVIL STUCK coma on radar, the usual event up here almost every year! NO not CLIMATE Emergency, even happened here in the 50's!

Comment

Highwayman, you must be between Swift Current and Assiniboia?

There are a lot of pulses around here too. Its getting close to harvest and this will delay the ripening process for a bit. Much as I say never complain about rain, gotta say, “ where was this weather pattern at the end of May?”

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
              Good thing the liberals finally fixed the Bethune radar. I love the new pie system.

Watching on Manitoba foxwarren
              That pie shape is due to climate change dont you know?

Comment

Originally posted by highwayman View Post
                3+ inches here since Friday night. Some peas and lentils off in the area but most crops still green. Desiccated some lentils just a day before rain started. Cutting pulses will be a sticky challenge now. Yield reports on harvested crops so far have been very strong
                I think your lentil yields will offset these further SE because these have had close to 10 inches of rain on them since June 20. It looks like disease has taken a toll. Chicks still grass green. Top of lentil foliage looks like it has very few seeds. What peas we have will be looking to go to the ground now. And all very late. There wont be a wheel turning here for 2 more weeks at least.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
                  2 inches predicted. Need that like a hole in the head.

[ATTACH]4669[/ATTACH].
                  With last week ends rain and what we just got it will make gumbo interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                    With last week ends rain and what we just got it will make gumbo interesting.
                    Actually meant 2 more inches. We got 2 inches the other day. Already an inch this am. Now I gotta run that rag tag header in the muck to get these off. Now I remember why I have been out of lentils for yrs.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
                      Actually meant 2 more inches. We got 2 inches the other day. Already an inch this am. Now I gotta run that rag tag header in the muck to get these off. Now I remember why I have been out of lentils for yrs.
                      Wow , we haven’t got a1/10th in last ten days .

Comment

1.5 inches - Not very good for peas, will help soybeans FWIW with the price drop this morning.

Comment

Radisson radar WMS doing its job to keep the rain away .....
                          Last edited by furrowtickler; Aug 12, 2019, 14:21.

Comment

Comment

Ay Carumba, the satellite looks like another swirl coming at us. We are at 1.5 now, all good.

Comment

I will be one happy farmer if we keep missing the wet miserable weather. Now only it would get hot with a light breeze to moderate breeze.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...
                                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.