• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
    Cool night coming maybe the rain will keep it good.

Best canola by far is a section just south of Nipiwan wow tall excellent pod and thick.

Hands down the winner.

Across road guy must be wondering wtf he did wrong.

That’s good for him....he might make some money when he delivers it for $8.00 a bushel or less....it’s coming!

Comment

It is one of the best I have seen this year. The 100 bus guy should go north and see what a real crop looks like.

Now last night got cold again did any one get real cold we had cloud cover move in at 3 am.

6 C was our low

Real power and we should have this river covered in hydro dams. ****ing useless wind and solar.[]https://www.agriville.com/upload_image/uploades/medium/6821565530739.jpg[/IMG]l

Comment

Do you sleep Saskfarmer? I wondered what happened with the 3 degree forecast that pooped out. 3 degrees at Regina airport means frost in low-lying areas.

Comment

Yea I sleep but a older house dog that has to go out during the night and I taught her to ring a bell as a young dog she now knocks the shit out of it till I get up and let her out. I’m trained very well.

Comment

Sumdumguy,

Satellite imagery and weather stations means you can sleep at night and still see what happened the next morning.

Comment

Had a quick look at my one pea field yesterday. Had only been doing 60 mph road tours of it in the last while. I had noticed it had lost a lot of its height in the last 10 days. Well the wet and cooler weather has certainly taken its toll. The plants leaves are now brown and covered I am guessing in mycosphaerella blight. I only applied fungicide once, would a second application have helped? All I know is looking at my peas and the neighbors a lot of yield has now been taken off the table.

Comment

Most guys I know have applied 4 apps to their chickpeas. Who knows maybe some are at 5, and chicks are pretty much at a worthless price.
                Some are still green and the odd field has a few yellow spots.

Comment

After fungiciding my lentils I had a little Elatus left so went and made a pass on my peas, which had been done with Acapella. By this time there were pods, now I can see a distinct line where the second app was. I will see when the combine hits it if there is any difference in yield.
                  Pea prices are so low can’t see it justifying a second app.

Comment

Originally posted by bigzee View Post
                    Most guys I know have applied 4 apps to their chickpeas. Who knows maybe some are at 5, and chicks are pretty much at a worthless price.
                    Some are still green and the odd field has a few yellow spots.
                    Huge Chickpea crop coming in alot of lentil acres dropped in favour of the higher priced higher yielding more expensive to grow bean. Sub 20 cent a lb Kabuli's are very much a possibility if you can move em.

Comment

Farmaholic, the heck with technology, I’ll just wait for Saskfarmer to post it. He probably lives so close to me, I might hear him if he yelled loud enough. We had such an unbelieveable weekend that you couldn’t have woke me even to check the temp.

When we were just starting Laird Lentils in 1980, we had 180 acres of registered Lairds on SMF. What a crop, never after that did I see double pods like that and plants that looked like Parsley’s beans. But anyway, we had them hail insured for $650/acre. It had rained and most were swathed and pretty well rotten black. My brother-in-law lived 13/4 miles west of us and storm clouds approached and we could hear him yell, “Hail you SOB, hail”. It did hail and pounded them into the ground, only problem was, as we found out, they weren’t covered in the swath. 😱

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
                        Farmaholic, the heck with technology, I’ll just wait for Saskfarmer to post it. He probably lives so close to me, I might hear him if he yelled loud enough. We had such an unbelieveable weekend that you couldn’t have woke me even to check the temp.

When we were just starting Laird Lentils in 1980, we had 180 acres of registered Lairds on SMF. What a crop, never after that did I see double pods like that and plants that looked like Parsley’s beans. But anyway, we had them hail insured for $650/acre. It had rained and most were swathed and pretty well rotten black. My brother-in-law lived 13/4 miles west of us and storm clouds approached and we could hear him yell, “Hail you SOB, hail”. It did hail and pounded them into the ground, only problem was, as we found out, they weren’t covered in the swath. 😱
                        Sometimes I like getting up early and checking the prone spots in person.

I sleep, like a baby....I usually piss the bed and wake up bawling half the night. Actually sometimes weather does keep me awake. Like the other night when I could hear the rain on the roof and was hoping the peas wouldn't be pasted to the ground the next morning.

Those lentils in the swath....that would be covered with today's policies, right?

I stand by my mantra...."wouldn't it be nice if it didn't matter?"

Take care Sumdumguy and I hope you and your family have a safe, happy and bountiful harvest!

Comment

This one field of corn has been a pleasant surprise. It was in alfalfa and we worked it under this spring and has turned out better than the ones in wheat or canola last year. Considering it hasn’t hardly got above +20*c for the past week it still put on 2 feet of growth and started on cobs which I never expected. Hopefully the rest can catch up and still get a month or more of growing weather.

Comment

Get off your knees woodland, and I'm not insinuating your down there praying!

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                              Get off your knees woodland, and I'm not insinuating your down there praying!
                              I should be to the sun god since he’s been really slacking this summer 😎

Comment

I think today’s hail insurance covers you up to a date, standing or swathed but I could be wrong. You too Farmaholic, best of luck this fall. At this time last year, we were combining but I don’t think we’ll be on the plane to Vegas this labour day. 🐢

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...
                                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.