• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*you're*

Comment

For FUX sakes ...you two make Ralph Goodale look intelligent somedays....

Comment

Sask3, in the Western Producer a week ago: Grain World crop tour found above average crops in Saskatchewan and Manitoba. When I look at your crop pictures I sometimes think that thou doth protest too much! Watching the news last night and I see Lac Ste. Ann county, west of Edmonton, has declared an Agricultural emergency due to too much rain. Too wet to hay and their crops are f***ed.

In my area(east of RedDeer) we are certainly in better shape. We have been silaging for the last 4-5 days. I grew Thompson barley, it is a semi dwarf so it only got 3 feet tall which makes it nice for the swather operator because it doesn't lodge. Very happy with the crop, we have a FX300 case cutter with a 4640 pulling it and we are only cutting 19 feet with our 25 foot swather and the old Johnny is working in first gear lol. The grain is a little moist due to nightly showers.

We did finish haying before we started on silage. My neighbor asked me one day when we were baling, is your hay dry? My son says yup 2019 dry! So I have to admit that we left the moisture tester behind the seat and just baled.

Overall crops look good in my area. My Canola and peas both are done blooming and look good. I did not put fungicide on 2 fields of wheat but did the rest. Certainly is leaf disease on these 2 quarters and on the rest there is none. Interested to see if there are yield and protein differences and if it pays. Crops are certainly advancing slowly. Enjoy your day.

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
          For FUX sakes ...you two make Ralph Goodale look intelligent somedays....
          Only one of us votes for him though!

Comment

Originally posted by grassfarmer View Post
            Only one of us votes for him though!
            That is funny...point taken...poking the bear...

"Your" turn Saskfarmer....lol

Comment

Oh your so funny.

But I will be door knocking in Wascana to talk to people and vote him out.

Have a great morning grass.

Comment

*you're*

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
                  Oh your so funny.

But I will be door knocking in Wascana to talk to people and vote him out.

Have a great morning grass.

The new definition of crop circles!

Or is it a flying saucer parking lot?

Comment

Big pizza pans for solar

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
                      Big pizza pans for solar
                      Now you can get that big cash advance and wait for canola to come back to $11 cause its right around the corner. Oh and get your seed booked too.

Comment

Originally posted by wiseguy
                        Those crooks ain't getting my canolowa !
                        Canola oil isn't banned from China....margins are pretty good on crush and between the lower price and the 150 million ....sHare holders and family members have to be happy...

Farmers just keep taking it...

Comment

Gee willikers , it sure is cold here this mornin
                          Gosh darn, We will be lucky if it doesnt freeze

Comment

My back doesn’t even hurt anymore when I bend over. 😂😂🤣🤣😆😆

Comment

Did lentils and peas get rained on last night? Hope not damaged/discounted...More rain forecast this week!

Comment

Cool night coming maybe the rain will keep it good.

Best canola by far is a section just south of Nipiwan wow tall excellent pod and thick.

Hands down the winner.

Across road guy must be wondering wtf he did wrong.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...
                                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.