• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cody Creelman, Cow Vet video blog - Cattle Trailer Rollover

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cody Creelman, Cow Vet video blog - Cattle Trailer Rollover

Greg S told me about the Cody Creelman video blog about being a cow vet. I posted it here for everyone.

Thanks Cody for sharing this story. Nice job.

Comment

It’s great when things like this turn out good👍

Interesting that this got posted since last week we had a wreck with one of our gooseneck trailers where the slider gate opened up on the road. We were moving yearlings from one pasture to another 13 miles away since the grass disappeared due to the drought. My brother was driving and seven of the 21 head made it out before he noticed and stopped. He was slowing down for a stop sign so it wasn’t a high speed situation at least. We managed to rope three of them in the ash lagoon of the power plant and get them back in a trailer. Two showed up in the neighbors herd the other day and two are still roaming loose. A few sc****s was the only injuries to them besides a rope burn on me from catching them which I thought was great.

We rigged up a safety chain on the two trailers with sliders so hopefully this is the first and last issue of something like this for us.

Comment

Originally posted by woodland View Post
        It’s great when things like this turn out good👍

Interesting that this got posted since last week we had a wreck with one of our gooseneck trailers where the slider gate opened up on the road. We were moving yearlings from one pasture to another 13 miles away since the grass disappeared due to the drought. My brother was driving and seven of the 21 head made it out before he noticed and stopped. He was slowing down for a stop sign so it wasn’t a high speed situation at least. We managed to rope three of them in the ash lagoon of the power plant and get them back in a trailer. Two showed up in the neighbors herd the other day and two are still roaming loose. A few sc****s was the only injuries to them besides a rope burn on me from catching them which I thought was great.

We rigged up a safety chain on the two trailers with sliders so hopefully this is the first and last issue of something like this for us.
        It's more common than you would think woodland. Happened to me 2 yrs ago hauling calves to auction, slider came open and lost 6 calves, unbelievable looking in the mirror while trying to stop. No fences on either side just crop, scattered every direction. Got them back with great neighbour help. One had spinal nerve damage so put down, 2 were banged up a bit so held them for a month, the other 3 were fine just pretty freaked out. Still rattled every time I have a load on.

Comment

Buy a Norbert trailer. Guaranteed slider will never open with safety lock pin in place. Some trailer manufacturers really scare me with what they rely upon to hold the back door shut.

Comment

Originally posted by 15444 View Post
            Buy a Norbert trailer. Guaranteed slider will never open with safety lock pin in place. Some trailer manufacturers really scare me with what they rely upon to hold the back door shut.
            Just need to make sure you and your cows have up to date tetanus shots after your Norbert is ten years old😉

Comment

Originally posted by woodland View Post
              Just need to make sure you and your cows have up to date tetanus shots after your Norbert is ten years old😉
              No worries about that. Norbert’s out of business.

Comment

Originally posted by WiltonRanch View Post
                I guess I’ll stick with trailers made out of pop cans then😎

Comment

Originally posted by WiltonRanch View Post
                  Shit. When did that happen? I was hoping to buy a tandem flat deck from them.

Comment

Originally posted by 15444 View Post
                    Shit. When did that happen? I was hoping to buy a tandem flat deck from them.
                    It’s been a little while. Sucks to see a Canadian manufacturer go under.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                    • Return to Topic List
                    Working...
                    X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                    You agree to our and by clicking I agree.