• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Newfoundland and Labrador

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newfoundland and Labrador

Was listening to Jason Kenney on the radio during the province's daily covid-19 update. He mentioned that Newfoundland was in trouble, was not really a surprise unfortunately. So I did some googling and CBC had an interesting article that Premier Dwight Ball had written a letter to the Prime Minister March 20 saying basically they were going to run out of cash mid April and at present couldn't get anyone to buy their provincial bonds. It appears the Feds have stepped in to back the province. Very sad and the hole just gets bigger for the federal government.

Quebec must be getting very concerned about theyre bread and butter , the federal trans payment cash cow might be ending or heaven forbid that they have to pay in for first time in history

Comment

Wasn't N &L broke by buying out a big project?

Comment

So when the feds spend an extra say 250 BILLION over budget in a two week period how do they arrange financing when Justin says the money will come within 10 days?

He's going to be disappointed with the tax income with all those businesses closed down and al those people going from paying income tax and now on the dole.

Comment

Originally posted by shtferbrains View Post
          So when the feds spend an extra say 250 BILLION over budget in a two week period how do they arrange financing when Justin says the money will come within 10 days?

He's going to be disappointed with the tax income with all those businesses closed down and al those people going from paying income tax and now on the dole.
          We are all going to be in the poor house when governments at all levels adjust taxation levels to start paying for all this debt. Its going to get really ugly once this virus runs its course.

Comment

I liked it but I didn’t.

Comment

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post
              Wasn't N &L broke by buying out a big project?
              The muskrat falls hydro project has been a disaster for them. Also heard today that they have shut their big refinery down due to oil / fuel prices.

Comment

Newfoundland votes 100% Liberal than threatens to declare bankruptcy after Trudeau chases away the energy industry.

Hopefully they learn a lesson.

Comment

Originally posted by GDR View Post
                  The muskrat falls hydro project has been a disaster for them. Also heard today that they have shut their big refinery down due to oil / fuel prices.
                  Heard from friends out there that everything is full and no one's burning it.

Comment

I worked with a Newfie in the 80s, mostly not the sharpest tools in the shed

Comment

I used to have a stereotype for Saskatchewan farmers too but I grew out of it.
                      Tradition to vote Liberal out there and ya, no sympathy.

Comment

Originally posted by Oliver88 View Post
                        Newfoundland votes 100% Liberal than threatens to declare bankruptcy after Trudeau chases away the energy industry.

Hopefully they learn a lesson.
                        you can't make that shit up and half of them spent half their life working in alberta
                        but they probably won't

Comment

My thoughts when I read the article was since Newfoundland doesn’t get equalization either, how ironic it would be if all of a sudden they were the reason the formula gets fixed.
                          Last edited by LEP; Apr 2, 2020, 08:23.

Comment

Just sit back with a bag of marshmallows and watch that Liberal schmuck of a province burn itself to the ground.

Comment

Manitoba will be next. We have a huge debt hangover associated with bungled hydro projects as well. We will wish they had never been built.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.