• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covid Farm Assistance a sham useless garbage

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Covid Farm Assistance a sham useless garbage

So checked into the assistance through FCC and its not for any old loans and
    only available if you qualify individual basis. So our farm groups and our government
    and opposition don't understand that blockades, crop out, poor grades, grain drying,
    slow movement haven't been a problem? WTF is this loan for then? guys that don't need it
    to buy more land or what?

Originally posted by the big wheel View Post
    So checked into the assistance through FCC and its not for any old loans and
    only available if you qualify individual basis. So our farm groups and our government
    and opposition don't understand that blockades, crop out, poor grades, grain drying,
    slow movement haven't been a problem? WTF is this loan for then? guys that don't need it
    to buy more land or what?
    I figure FCC is acting on behalf of farmers that are wanting to keep growing larger and larger....if you are happy at the current farm and hit a rough patch .....they have buyers for your farm....

Otherwise you are shit out of luck....

Comment

No real surprises there . Look where the orders came from ...

Comment

It was never intended to be for the farmers benefit, it is for FCC's benefit. If it was for farmers the program would be thru any financial institution

Comment

Will end up a land grab for someone ...

Comment

FCC is a joke, has and always will be. Lend 50% of their values not FMV, charge lots of fees, charge higher interest rate, then the first sign you are having trouble...blacklist you....even when you pay them all back. Give you an umbrella when it’s sunny and take it away when you are getting rained on. Good partner....not.

Some people have had great success with them getting all kinds of forgiveness etc....not my experience.

Comment

Originally posted by wd9 View Post
              It was never intended to be for the farmers benefit, it is for FCC's benefit. If it was for farmers the program would be thru any financial institution
              So true!

Comment

So just another b/s political grand stand that leaves us with nothing and yet hit with more carbon tax’s .....
                The real story
                There will be lots when this is over.
                Hopefully Air Canada ... a non essential entity, make good use of our money , I mean our kids money .. what about WestJet ????
                can’t eat an airplane ...

Oh and the kick in the ass for the truckers that are delivering all the essential good and services like food and medicine should be happy to pay the extra carbon tax’s .
                Last edited by furrowtickler; Apr 8, 2020, 15:55.

Comment

The hire a student program will be the same bull shit and the idiot farm groups will applaud it all

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                    The hire a student program will be the same bull shit and the idiot farm groups will applaud it all
                    Does anyone here ever contact their conservative MP to mention who they are suppose to represent??????

Seems farmers should have some negotiating strength and yet the conservatives just ignore their voters...

My experience...I have written a couple emails to my MP and a couple phone calls....

I get "....we are all in this together..."""" interesting we were not in it together when shit hit the fan last fall/.

As I watched my crop for the last 5 months....the average person only had to wait a couple weeks to start feeling the pain and the liberals mortgaged my kids future on a shitty bet of some of these businesses...

Comment

I’m starting to believe that all the governments are not gonna learn a damn thing when this crisis is over. Same shit just a different day. The people like us that make real things to create our economy will continue to get shit on. Except I must say only the American farmers seem to get support. But for the most part everyone who produces a primary product gets shoved in the toilet when it comes to financial support when the chips are down.

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                        No real surprises there . Look where the orders came from ...
                        What exactly is the “new” Covid program?
                        More young farmer loans?

Comment

There is a 10% of gross salaries payroll deduction subsidy, it applies/reduces to the Fed/Prov/Terr income tax portion of payroll deductions not the CPP or EI portions, and payroll deductions need to be continued to be made but can be reduced by 10% of the gross salaries. Up to a maximum of $1375(per employee) over the three designated months. There is a maximum amount of $25,000 each business is allowed.

There is a 75% wage subsidy for up to 12 weeks that is being worked out, what will it look like and who qualifies? Will non arm's length salaries and self employed salaries qualify? This sounds like it's going to cost the Gov(taxpayer) alot of money.

The $40,000 gov-guaranteed small business interest free loan forgiving $10,000 if $30,000 is paid by Dec 31, 2022 if your business paid salaries greater than $50,000(max 1 million) in 2019.

Who knows what else is on the way....other than higher taxes to pay for all this "free" stuff.
                          Last edited by farmaholic; Apr 8, 2020, 18:05.

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                            I wonder if the student program didn't come because the $2000 a month instead of the E I program includes anyone over 15 that earned $5000 last year and hasn't worked for 4 week can send an aplication in.
                            They are trying to rubber stamp 3 million of them in the next 10 days.

Why even take a job if you can get 2 grand tax free for the next 4 months.

Party time. Lots of Grass, Booze Quads and Guns for $2000 a month and then just waste the rest!

Comment

Don’t you know everybody thinks we are independently wealthy!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...