• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Crude Oil

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A lot of people are only using gas to go to the grocery store....

Comment

Check out Kijiji - enterprising folks are offering their old fuel tanks for sale. Stock up on fuel while cheap!
      One asking price of $500 was for an old 500 gallon on a stand!

Comment

Same thing as those old batch dryers in a wet year.

Comment

Originally posted by helmsdale View Post
          Peak oil was indeed a fantasy. Wish I had the contact info for all my old classmates back in ~ '05. I wagered a case of beer with the lot of them that we'd see $20/bbl sooner than we'd see $200. I was thought a dullard...

That aside, there's still a decent contango play to be had. Ships are being loaded and put to sea stuffed with oil that is sold months out into the futures. The market craters in about 10-14 weeks when storage (both land and sea based) will be used up with current production #'s. SHTF when that happens.
          Your prognosis came true sooner than mine, and I'm not sure I wouldn't have joined your classmates in doubting you.

When oil first broke down through $100, my colleague and owner of a large oilfield fabrication company was pouring through the production and inventory data every week looking for hope that price would recover, and $100 was normal, under was the exception. I insisted that we wouldn't see $100 oil again for at least 10 years, which at the time seemed a ridiculous assumption, but as of today, looks prophetic.

Comment

Originally posted by Oliver88 View Post
            Doesn’t Saudi Arabia currently have a tariff on our grain due to Freeland lecturing them?
            Yes and India doesn't like us all that much , since our sneaky asshole of a leader made a complete fool of himself a while back also.

I think all of the people in this country who voted for Trudeau should get a 75% cut in their salaries just to show them what voting for an incompetent fool gets you for your money. We have a graphic arts designer for a health minister, a journalist for a deputy Prime minister , an astronaut for a transport minister! Just look at the Ag minister, does she even know what a farm is ?

Poorly thought out in their handling of the country at all levels , and not equipped to do any job they are given.

They are still in complete denial that the oil and gas sector pays a lot of bills in this country. They just can't seem to put their finger on why their gov't revenues are down for the count, WOW !

Another thing. I am sick and tired of hearing on the tv about how the oil and gas business only seems to exist in Alberta ! Lots of it going on here in SASK. in case anybody was wondering .

Low commodity prices are a CANADIAN problem . Not just Alberta.

Comment

Finally a bu of wheat is worth more than a barrel of oil...bottled water is more expensive too...

Comment

Originally posted by fjlip View Post
                Finally a bu of wheat is worth more than a barrel of oil...bottled water is more expensive too...
                History tells us that this situation won't last long, so which is going to correct? Not long ago a barrel oil was worth almost 30 times what a bushel of wheat was worth, we don't want to do the math on that ratio today.

Comment

diesel up 8 cents a litre her this morning

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                    Because they CAN. Or was it Turd's C02 tax early markup? Try mark up your grain...be in jail

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                      What was the excuse ...

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                      • Return to Topic List
                      Working...