• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Crude Oil

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Western Cdn Select now $4.56 per barrel . . . We are heading for negative . . . .

Comment

If our government’s were smart they should be putting money into more refineries and pipelines so we could be at least self sufficient. Would create jobs and use some of that $4.50 oil up so oil companies could survive.

Comment

oil getting shut-in at record clip.
        fearless prediction by year-end...

wti oil-$75/bbl
        durum-$11/bus
        canola-$13/bus
        hrsw-$10/bus
        red lentils-35c/lb.

Comment

I don’t think oil will recover that fast.

Comment

Never in my lifetime did I think that canadian crude oil would be as worthless as wheat.

Comment

Oil was over $100/barrel for quite a while. Maybe tables have turned and wheat will goto $100 a bushel? Dreamer, but crazy things happen in a crazy world - Vive la Prairie!

Comment

Going to be extremely hard to justify the supposed green energy projects with $5 oil.

Comment

Asphalt should be cheaper than shit, highways everywhere should be resurfaced !

Believe me, I won't be a complainer,,, like the citizens of Regina were last summer. Bitching about streets being repaved.

Comment

Originally posted by TASFarms View Post
                    I don’t think oil will recover that fast.
                    We are all in for a total structural reset of financial markets and value of commodities. But first, markets have to land-on-their-head-for the wake-up call. This train-wreck has been years in the making.

Equity markets were so grossly overvalued, they can go a hell-of-a-lot-lower yet (IMO). Days of ‘nothin-to-it’ record bank profits are long gone.

This will be a generational change in-attitude which will likely occur over the next decade. No instant fix and instant gratification.

Comment

The next step down in equities will be when governments start asking their citizens for another 14-21 days of self quarantine and closed shops.

Comment

I agree that we are in a "new world" with government debt exploding, however, I believe that after a few years of mediocre returns in the ag sector, that worm is turning as this situation also ignites food shortages for a number of reasons, and investors turn to agricultural commodities from and away from other equities.

Comment

I am actually quite surprised the Saudi's and Russian's didn't do this a long time ago, particularly when North America was figuring out how to drill and frac shale/tight sand formations containing oil. The US went from a significant oil importer to basically self sufficient from what I understand. That is an incredibly successful story. Amazing what high prices do...eventually create their own demise and result is return to low prices.

Oil industry will come back again but not to the same degree as in the past, too much political/social pressure.

Comment

Originally posted by canolacrazy View Post
                            I agree that we are in a "new world" with government debt exploding, however, I believe that after a few years of mediocre returns in the ag sector, that worm is turning as this situation also ignites food shortages for a number of reasons, and investors turn to agricultural commodities from and away from other equities.
                            You believe govt will allow us to keep it when every other sector is bleeding? Only those in politics will be keeping their wealth. Everything else will go to "the greater good"
                            Last edited by macdon02; Mar 28, 2020, 21:57.

Comment

as erroll said we have moved from a time of relative low volatility to a crash. everything has now changed. no demand for oil, the world is ending as we know it. however when the Russians and Saudi's make an "arrangement", which they eventually will, and oil is shut-in world wide, the demand shock will be extreme. because the virus will subside, and people will get back to work.

Comment

Originally posted by macdon02 View Post
                                You believe govt will allow us to keep it when every other sector is bleeding? Only those in politics will be keeping their wealth. Everything else will go to "the greater good"
                                Likely an export tax coming for Canadian grains?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...
                                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.