• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Suicide In The Farm Community

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now a bigger shock to hear, but many have issues, some are not able to cope.
    Parsley, unless i am not reading it correctly, was he survived or pre deceased by his father?
    No mention, or is there a deeper story?

Comment

Depression and mental illness can be a lonely silent battle!!!

If someone chooses suicide, sometimes there is nothing that could have been said or done.

Look for signs...

There is tonnes of legitimate information on the web

There are many symptoms when depression and mental illness are the "CAUSE"

"LET'S TALK" campaign is running for a reason! Public awareness, remove the stigma, it's not taboo!

It's a disease like any other..... and you just don't "snap out of it" like some people may tell you or think!

TAKE CARE, damn it...... TAKE CARE!!!!!

Please remember, if you choose suicide your struggle may be over but the pain and agony of those left behind lingers a long time...
      Last edited by farmaholic; Nov 3, 2016, 16:11.

Comment

[URL="http://obits.dignitymemorial.com/dignity-memorial/obituary.aspx?n=Chad-Crane&lc=3867&pid=182287371&mid=7150811"]http://obits.dignitymemorial.com/dignity-memorial/obituary.aspx?n=Chad-Crane&lc=3867&pid=182287371&mid=7150811[/URL]

Comment

As a fellow producer with three young children, I could not imagine what the family is going through. Very sad situation but understand that is does happen and we need to be aware of the signs to prevent this. As others said and specifically SF3, it is only a crop or farm and not worth taking your life. I feel terrible for his wife and children.
          Keep on farming CP where ever you are at this moment!!! Rest in Peace with no more worries.

Comment

I wanted to update for you, how a family tries to cope.

Michelle's sister, Tanya, gives strength to the family and so much appreciates what you are doing, and saying. I sent them the link to Agriviille, and they read your posts.

Tanya just sent me this:

" yesterday was their middle child Max's birthday so we celebrated by going bowling
            Michelle did her best to put on a happy face for his birthday but today is Chads birthday and everyone is having a very hard day.

We are going through family pictures tonight with the kids and making poster boards for each of the kids of pictures of them and their dad to set at the funeral tomorrow - we are just doing a private family ceremony as chad never wanted a funeral but Michelle feels the kids need it."

This is very difficult for me to post, but they bring strength to all of us, don't they.

As you post your goodbyes, Agrivillers, know that your support is important. It helps them cope with the death of someone they love. Tanya says this about your messages :

"I'm trying to see if we can print it to add to a memory book for the kids"

"please send thanks from our families"

Hug your family tonight. Pars.

Comment

Thank you, Joe, and your Agriville staff for your continuing website, and your eve-continuing support of the farming community. I have been lax in thanking you recently. Pars.

Comment

It's sad to hear of this even with someone you've never met. My dad's best friend took his own life a year and a half ago and it's still tough to drive past his place every time I go to town. Things have been tough here for the last two years but as I am enjoying bath time with my two little ones I couldn't imagine leaving them and my wife behind. Some things we will never understand why.....

Comment

I'm a new farmer not so far from Weyburn. I have to say it's not an easy career. I've got lots of help from agriville community. Thank you everyone for your posts.
                  My best wish to Chad's family.

Comment

Very nice idea Carol, Larry and John.

Not sure if you are aware or not but they take 5 - 7.9% in the crowd funding site.

Another option is you can also make donations at the Weyburn Credit Union. Crane Children trust fund.

Mailing address for the Weyburn Credit Union is 205 Coteau avenue, Weyburn, sk S4H 0G5. You can mail a check for the trust fund.

Mark

Comment

The vale has been lifted and we can see clearly now. Sadly, some times we fail to see what is right in front of us until it's to late. I often misunderstood cotton and what he was trying to say mainly because of the way he presented it. I've never found profanity or arrogance a desiresble trait in those that were trying to share their knowledge. Though my own family members battle with chronic depression and attempts to take his own life,I understand now what was a shrouded cry for help and deeply regret that it wasnt recognized for what it was. My deepest sympathies to his family, live life,stay strong and may Our Friend rest in peace. God bless.

Comment

Sent: November 3, 2016 8:09 PM
                        To: 'cranefarm@
                        Cc: Carol Husband; John Kotylak
                        Subject: My deepest condolences:

Dear Michelle:

Although we have never met, nor had Chad and I, words cannot express the loss I feel for you and your family.

We started a fund raising page for you and the kids this afternoon. As of 8:00 PM this evening there is $3,070.00 in it and it will remain open for 30 days.
                        We set a goal of $10,000.00
                        While it is not the most cost effective manner of generating funds, it is the quickest and most efficient.

The link is listed below:

https://fundrazr.com/f1BBb7

When you are ready, please email me and I will walk you through registering so you can transfer the money to your account.
                        I will give you the password on the phone just to make sure it is secure.

Keep your head up as well as possible for the kids and know that you have many that are thinking of you.

Sincerely,
                        Larry Weber

Comment

Suicide is never the answer. The pain that it leaves behind for those that you love and those that loved you lasts decades. It is your family left behind that suffers most.

I am sure that if Cotton would have reached out to anyone here they would of done anything possible to help. It is all too common that nothing is ever said to those around and before you know it, it is too late to help.

I will be praying for Chads beautiful wife and children. They will come through this but it will take much time to heal. Hopefully neighbors nearby have some energy left to help clean up what is left of harvest if any and the family support is strong.

Good night Cotton, Michelle and kids! You have many people across Canada and the even the world thinking of you, supporting you and praying for you.

Comment

Thank you for your comments Mark

1. "Not sure if you are aware or not but they take 5 - 7.9% in the crowd funding site." Yes we are. This provides a service. The venue is international. It also allows people to pay online.

2. "Another option is you can also make donations at the Weyburn Credit Union. Crane Children trust fund. "

You will note that Boarderbloke already previously posted the option you listed:
                            "BOARDERBLOKE 18
                            NOV 3, 2016 15:53
                            http://obits.dignitymemorial.com/dig...71&mid=715081

3. Note the differentiation: The fundraising Larry set up provides IMMEDIATE money for the family's immediate needs. Michelle can withdraw in a day or two. The Crane children's trust fund is a trust account.

Just so there is no confusion. Pars

Comment

I sit and wonder how an anonymous internet poster has touched me at all.
                              I sit and ponder death yet again albeit in a different way.
                              I believed when my father died that it was a parents' job to show his children how.
                              I ruminate on the term 'mental illness' and know that it is a convenient catch all. Meaningless.
                              I sit in the bar and tell stories about all the 'counsellors' etc I've experienced.
                              I dont care what others think.
                              I want one person to see.
                              I would like for those who come after not to havta relearn it all.
                              I pray my children find someone as myself all through their life.

Comment

I am largely a lurker yet feel real loss. I enjoyed Cottons posts and can't believe that I won't get to read them again. Prayers are with his wife and children.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...
                                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.