• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AB Farmer Beaten by RCMP

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sawfly1 View Post
    What the left or Notley s govt. Had to do with any of this is a mystery.
    Do you people know a lot of Over zealous cops that are Notley voters?
    Like Really!
    Over zealous cops are just that. And we all know what happens when a kid ,or anyone
    with a little attitude, crosses them. Innocently or not.

The Notely connection here is that they changed the law to allow police to demand a breath test wether or not there was probable cause in Dec 18. I was stopped out in the boonies because my ladder was sticking out of the back of the truck and breath sample was demanded even though my last drink was 6 months ago. Was just headed to some bins on the rented land to see if the spring thrash was heating so surprised to find RCMP on the back roads. Kenny and crew should change the law back to how it was a few years ago.

Comment

So the kid gets arrested for trying to runaway from police road check in a tractor? Sounds like he was avoiding a police road check and resisting arrest. Is there special rules for farm kids in tractors or am I missing something? Maybe they should have called his parents to discipline him or give him a time out? LOL

The list of impaired drivers who have tried to runaway from accidents, road checks and breathalysers is a long one. Saskatchewan has the highest rates of impaired driving in the country. Several Saskparty MLAs have convictions. Its a serious crime because it puts a lot of peoples lives at risk. So I am in favour of more road checks and enforcement.

Seems like a lot of people are soft on crime when it involves impaired driving! Could it be because there are so many criminals driving impaired?

Comment

Before any preconceived notions , was he drinking or not ? Until that is established one should not speculate. A simple blood test will show .
        From what I understand there is no word wether he was intoxicated or not .
        Most of the other “bad” arrests the poor “victims” were highly intoxicated and or nearly OD in bad drugs .
        Will wait to see on this one .
        But most definitely looks bad on cops again .

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
          So the kid gets arrested for trying to runaway from police road check in a tractor? Sounds like he was avoiding a police road check and resisting arrest. Is there special rules for farm kids in tractors or am I missing something? Maybe they should have called his parents to discipline him or give him a time out? LOL

The list of impaired drivers who have tried to runaway from accidents, road checks and breathalysers is a long one. Saskatchewan has the highest rates of impaired driving in the country. Several Saskparty MLAs have convictions. Its a serious crime because it puts a lot of peoples lives at risk. So I am in favour of more road checks and enforcement.

Seems like a lot of people are soft on crime when it involves impaired driving! Could it be because there are so many criminals driving impaired?
          Driving into a field to start going up and down the field doesn't exactly fit a "runaway" from police. He should have stopped no doubt but, overzealous cops is an understatement.

While none of us condone impaired driving, the law that allows breath tests at any time, including in your home at anytime, is one more step over the line of complete suspension of our civil rights.

Impounding the tractor is just beyond all common sense.

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
            Before any preconceived notions , was he drinking or not ? Until that is established one should not speculate. A simple blood test will show .
            From what I understand there is no word wether he was intoxicated or not .
            Most of the other “bad” arrests the poor “victims” were highly intoxicated and or nearly OD in bad drugs .
            Will wait to see on this one .
            But most definitely looks bad on cops again .

Body cameras - no more bogus charges and police brutality.

Comment

The police need to be trained to deescalate whenever possible. Excessive force is not always necessary ,but unfortunately some cops are aggressive, but they also put up with a lot of aggressive dangerous people.

I find it ironic, that over the months so many posters defended the police for doing their job when they were arresting black or indigenous people using excessive violence and force. But when it happens to a white farm boy, suddenly they are in the wrong?

Using excessive force when it is not needed, should always be wrong.

Comment

Many years ago, I was bringing a tandem from Fort to Francis and cops lights came on behind me so due to the fact that #35 is very narrow with no shoulders and rolling I drove to the nearest approach to stop. At first cops were irate - really irate but after I explained that it was unsafe to stop in middle of road, they settled down. Glad they didn’t try to tear me in half and pin me with nebulous charges. 👍🍀🙏🏼🦨

Comment

If he was drinking and trying to avoid the check stop why would he go in the ditch and drive past all the stopped vehicles and try to go past the check stop? Why wouldn't he just turn around and go back the way he came?

Comment

You guys are thinking some kid who was told to get 320 ac of hay raked up and get the machine home decided to hit the bottle and then go looking for trouble by trying to drive right by the cops and make a get away at 30mph?

Cmon man, obviously the cops had nothing to actually arrest the kid on and didnt want to actually do their jobs so they overreacted and applied Justins unconstitutional drunk driving law to make their point.

Comment

Fendts are fast. But not fast enough for a getaway vehicle. Maybe they're the new "white Bronco".

Comment

Sounds like you are pretty *** sure you know exactly what took place ?
                        You should call the cops and help them out with their investigation ?
                        How are the hail adjusters treating you ?

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                          Sounds like you are pretty *** sure you know exactly what took place ?
                          You should call the cops and help them out with their investigation ?
                          How are the hail adjusters treating you ?
                          Hail adjusters - not all lovely people either. Get an independent agrlogist from SIA to adjust if they are unreasonable or some one might have another way to get a fair adjustment.

Comment

As I've said before.
                            The badge holds all the power.
                            Most of us are schooled sooner or later.
                            I've been nearly tasered for not stopping immediately with a header behind moving "too slow".
                            Obviously the kid started yodelling and was schooled. Applies even to the Mennonites who live under rocks.

Comment

Most of the rcmp that show up in my town barely know what a gravel road is nevermind how farm equipment or farming works.

Comment

Here's another devil's advocate scenario, what if the 18 year old adult was working for his families shingling company, and was told by his older brother to get over to the other house they were working on, as they needed to finish shingling before the rain came. When he got to the property there was a police check point for DD or something, and there was a length of cars ahead of him, being stopped on the road. The lane entrance is just a short way ahead, and because he's driving a 4x4 3/4 ton, he decides not to wait in line, but chooses to take the right side ditch, to drive past some or all of the waiting vehicles, so he can get on to the lane and get to work on the house,,, before rain comes. Do I have to say anything more than that?

Clearly, the 18 year old adult refused to leave the tractor on his own accord, which caused the police to remove him by force. The tractor cab being so elevated above the ground, left what looks like,,, a rough arrest, when all of them tumbled to the ground.

Home schooling doesn't mean you can exempt important parts of societal education, whether you have a drivers license or not. Does that mean if he's 35, he still gets a pass,,, because he was home schooled?

I believe I've heard Mark Braford on Gormley say that you can get a DWI, while driving in a tractor, on your own property, working your own land.

If the 18 year old adult is of low IQ and intellectually challenged, then he shouldn't be on the highway. Others should be moving the vehicle between fields for him.

The 18 year old adult, took action with his vehicle, to avoid a police check-stop, and then refused to exit the vehicle. JustMyPointofView
                                Last edited by beaverdam; Aug 13, 2020, 09:24.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...
                                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.