• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Week In Woke

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Week In Woke

Well pro sports returned and we watched them kneel and genuflect to the BLM radicals, wear specially branded T shirts, give speeches and virtue signal up the wazzooo, then played a few innings and got covid anyway. Good one there idiots. I am glad the seasons are cancelled. Wont be watching any of these privaleged aholes again.

Next up is Biden, hiding in the basement, cant put a sentence together, wont take interviews, cant run zoom and gets somebody to send out tweets for him. Guys has serious late stage dementia and this is what they are going to put up against Trump? How can you run a campaign without leaving your basement? We are supposed to believe this guy is neck and neck with Trump? Talk about cruel to put up somebody who should be in a nursing home as a candidate. Trump is sharp as a tack after 4 yrs battling in the trenches, he will eat this guy alive.
    Last edited by jazz; Aug 3, 2020, 21:40.

......and at "home"?

Comment

Here's another, MSNBC producer steps down after writing this damning revelation that media is dividing the country. Pretty good read. There's others in her profession making similar claims

We are a cancer and there is no cure,” a successful and insightful TV veteran said to me. “But if you could find a cure, it would change the world.”

As it is, this cancer stokes national division, even in the middle of a civil rights crisis. The model blocks diversity of thought and content because the networks have incentive to amplify fringe voices and events, at the expense of others… all because it pumps up the ratings.

https://www.arianapekary.net/post/personal-news-why-i-m-now-leaving-msnbc

And here is Bari Weiss, NYT editor resignation letter.

Part of me wishes I could say that my experience was unique. But the truth is that intellectual curiosity—let alone risk-taking—is now a liability at The Times. Why edit something challenging to our readers, or write something bold only to go through the numbing process of making it ideologically kosher, when we can assure ourselves of job security (and clicks) by publishing our 4000th op-ed arguing that Donald Trump is a unique danger to the country and the world? And so self-censorship has become the norm.

What rules that remain at The Times are applied with extreme selectivity. If a person’s ideology is in keeping with the new orthodoxy, they and their work remain unscrutinized. Everyone else lives in fear of the digital thunderdome. Online venom is excused so long as it is directed at the proper targets.*

Op-eds that would have easily been published just two years ago would now get an editor or a writer in serious trouble, if not fired. If a piece is perceived as likely to inspire backlash internally or on social media, the editor or writer avoids pitching it. If she feels strongly enough to suggest it, she is quickly steered to safer ground. And if, every now and then, she succeeds in getting a piece published that does not explicitly promote progressive causes, it happens only after every line is carefully massaged, negotiated and caveated.

https://www.bariweiss.com/resignation-letter
      Last edited by macdon02; Aug 3, 2020, 23:15.

Comment

Let’s now praise the criminals that are looting and destroying American cities
        WTF has society come too ??
        Last edited by furrowtickler; Aug 4, 2020, 07:17.

Comment

How’s this one guys. Not exactly 100% true but say 97%

How weird that the only mainland Australian territory to have no covid19 cases is the only place where hydroxychloroquine is available.

They’ve had some cases very coincidental I reckon but doing the rounds.

What irks me is here is mum and dad owned family pizza shops family steak joints etc etc have to shut own but McDonald’s and Burger King etc can stay open dunno why the corporates can and smal bussiness can’t

Comment

Originally posted by malleefarmer View Post

What irks me is here is mum and dad owned family pizza shops family steak joints etc etc have to shut down but McDonald’s and Burger King etc can stay open dunno why the corporates can and small business can’t
            No kidding! Same thing all over. Big chains allowed to operate. Little man shut down, in most cases FOREVER.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
              Well pro sports returned and we watched them kneel and genuflect to the BLM radicals, wear specially branded T shirts, give speeches and virtue signal up the wazzooo, then played a few innings and got covid anyway. Good one there idiots. I am glad the seasons are cancelled. Wont be watching any of these privaleged aholes again.

Next up is Biden, hiding in the basement, cant put a sentence together, wont take interviews, cant run zoom and gets somebody to send out tweets for him. Guys has serious late stage dementia and this is what they are going to put up against Trump? How can you run a campaign without leaving your basement? We are supposed to believe this guy is neck and neck with Trump? Talk about cruel to put up somebody who should be in a nursing home as a candidate. Trump is sharp as a tack after 4 yrs battling in the trenches, he will eat this guy alive.
              Twitter Users Stunned At 'Full-Blown Lunacy' Of Trump's Wild Axios Interview
              The president raised eyebrows with his comments on John Lewis, coronavirus, Ghislaine Maxwell and more.

https://www.huffingtonpost.ca/entry/trump-axios-interview_n_5f290ee6c5b656e9b09fc1ec https://www.huffingtonpost.ca/entry/trump-axios-interview_n_5f290ee6c5b656e9b09fc1ec

Jazz you are sure backing a lot of losing causes. Right before your eyes. Pro Sports is supporting the BLM movement. Now you guys can go back to watchin pro wrestling the only "real" sport!

And your man and mentor Trump, the self admitted "very stable genius" is setting new lows in stupidity. But you never waiver! Loyal to the bitter end. LOL
              Last edited by chuckChuck; Aug 4, 2020, 06:56.

Comment

Australia should get Brazil's supply of Hydroxy. .America's gift is sitting in a warehouse because doctors won't use it. It is just another one of Trump's scams.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
                  And your man and mentor Trump, the self admitted "very stable genius" is
                  setting new lows in stupidity. But you never waiver! Loyal to the bitter end. LOL
                  I guess Trump is my climate change except actually real.

Here is how the return to sports went.

https://www.breitbart.com/sports/2020/08/02/ratings-crash-nba-mlb-after-protest-filled-debut/

In Canada we learned our idiot in chief is down dirty with hitler youth type indoctrination schemes and the MSM gave him a pass even after looking like a disheveled bum on zoom.

Comment

Macdon has touched on the game changer of our society.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
                      I guess Trump is my climate change except actually real.

Here is how the return to sports went.

https://www.breitbart.com/sports/2020/08/02/ratings-crash-nba-mlb-after-protest-filled-debut/

In Canada we learned our idiot in chief is down dirty with hitler youth type indoctrination schemes and the MSM gave him a pass even after looking like a disheveled bum on zoom.
                      Don’t feed the troll. Er, um, former wheat board director.

Comment

Honestly, if your trying to reason with anyone who can look back and still say we were better off then, it's hopeless on all fronts.

Comment

The NYT implements new editing process -

https://babylonbee.com/news/new-york-times-to-run-all-facts-by-angry-pitchfork-wielding-mob-before-going-to-print?utm_content=buffer571be&utm_medium=social&ut m_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer https://babylonbee.com/news/new-york-times-to-run-all-facts-by-angry-pitchfork-wielding-mob-before-going-to-print?utm_content=buffer571be&utm_medium=social&ut m_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Comment

Didn't anyone notice the spelling error in the thread title?

"Week" instead of "weak".

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                            • Return to Topic List
                            Working...