• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Us gdp

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Us gdp

Rebounding at 20% per annum levels through Q3 and Q4.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Ee38LxGX0AI-MAa.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	78.5 KB
ID:	779450

The problem with GDP as a measure of economic growth is that it simply tallies up all the spending going on in the economy, with no regard as to whether it is useful or not. By useful, I mean investment on plant and equipment that increases the division of labor. Much of the reason for current GDP growth is simply because governments of all stripes are on an unprecedented borrowing spree. Most of the borrowing, however, will be spent on the equivalent of paying some people to dig holes and other people to fill them in.

Comment

I hear you AE, but until we have agreement on some new system tio measure output, this is the gold standard.

I suspect a pretty good rally in the S&P and rebound of the USD is in store.

Comment

Bloodbath in precious metals today. Gold back down to $1,800? Nasty margin calls triggering ‘git me out now’ selling today. USD appears oversold.

Rout like this will shake the gold bulls for a spell. Classic commodity washout . . . .

Comment

What is that the 437 or 856th time the US bears have been wrong Jazz? Gotta be the longest broken record playing ever. Just hope they don't screw it up in November. I was in that camp at one time as well but did smarten up in time.

Comment

Originally posted by Austrian Economics View Post
            The problem with GDP as a measure of economic growth is that it simply tallies up all the spending going on in the economy, with no regard as to whether it is useful or not. By useful, I mean investment on plant and equipment that increases the division of labor. Much of the reason for current GDP growth is simply because governments of all stripes are on an unprecedented borrowing spree. Most of the borrowing, however, will be spent on the equivalent of paying some people to dig holes and other people to fill them in.

Yes, it measures dollars, not goods, devalue the home currency and voila, GDP is up, doesn't matter the country, they all measure the same. So if goods are static but currency devalues, it appears "something" is happening. I refuse to bet against the US till there's a new high in their dollar or at very least a second attempt at 160. They can't measure inflation/ deflation ..... the models are broken,people so my best bet is FED over does it. We are in for a real rodeo of up and down in everything and it'll get extreme. See the metals. I thought sub $1200 was still in play but that might be 1362~ wait and see. Need to raise the entry point.

Comment

Originally posted by macdon02 View Post
              See the metals. I thought sub $1200 was still in play but that might be 1362~ wait and see. Need to raise the entry point.
              OI! I'll wait and see if 1760 holds first

Comment

Originally posted by farming101 View Post
                OI! I'll wait and see if 1760 holds first
                It's left "gaps" at 680, 800~, 1197, 1362, there's all sorts of targets needing filling. But nothing says they gotta fill on the way up, cam happen on the way down. I merely ratcheted up my possibilities, the top is opening as well. It's nasty how far it can go.

Comment

Get ready for a nasty 2008 style market correction. The commercial banks have it all tee'd up they've been loading up on bonds for some time. They've been tightening credit standards to near all time levels. Without credit real estate and the general market will crater. They want to implode the market. You may say well why do they want to do that? They know the feds hand ahead of time. The fed will slash rates causing the banks bonds to go up in value significantly, debtors will be bailed out. Gold tanks near term but the Fed's quick response of 0% interest rates and QE5 will drive it right back up. The USD will rally while the market is near an all time net short. Its all set up just like the pre 2008 financial crisis.

Comment

Originally posted by biglentil View Post
                    Get ready for a nasty 2008 style market correction. The commercial banks have it all tee'd up they've been loading up on bonds for some time. They've been tightening credit standards to near all time levels. Without credit real estate and the general market will crater. They want to implode the market. You may say well why do they want to do that? They know the feds hand ahead of time. The fed will slash rates causing the banks bonds to go up in value significantly, debtors will be bailed out. Gold tanks near term but the Fed's quick response of 0% interest rates and QE5 will drive it right back up. The USD will rally while the market is near an all time net short. Its all set up just like the pre 2008 financial crisis.
                    biglentil, you are right on-the-money . . . .

A money printing rally in a failing economy just doesn’t cut it. Precious metals may become extremely unpredictable. Rallies, followed by disapointnent. No real inflationary undertone except fake money-printing that already has an expired shelflife for any extended impact.

Comment

Errol how much and what is the effect of companies doing massive buy backs? Less stocks available due to the buy backs have raised rhe stock price but in reality doesn’t this make the stock market value raises a fake? There isn’t actually any more value in these companies as the stock market raises have eluded to. Just less shares at a higher price.

Comment

Originally posted by the big wheel View Post
                        Errol how much and what is the effect of companies doing massive buy backs? Less stocks available due to the buy backs have raised rhe stock price but in reality doesn’t this make the stock market value raises a fake? There isn’t actually any more value in these companies as the stock market raises have eluded to. Just less shares at a higher price.
                        Stock buybacks on Wall Street almost totally supported the U.S. stock market over the past few years . . . especially since 2016 (IMO). Meanwhile on Main Street, participants have dwindled. Fake you say? . . . you betcha . . . now unlimited money printing. This field is not designed to be level.

Gold prices have been crushed more than $200 per oz in the past 18 hours with the spot breaking below $1.865 per oz overnight. This is a margin call washout forcing long liquidation. Futures are extremely dangerous. Stick to options, if sticking-a-toe in precious metals.

Comment

Guys, you are looking at this wrong. Whatever your throughts on our financial system, it doesnt really make sense to go against it.

I imagine some $20T was printed up over the world and went right into markets and supporting people. Thats inflationary and will land somewhere in regular assets eventually. The stock market is already seeing it. The US GDP is jsut starting its recovery and the S&P is at pre pandemic levels. In a years time that index will be 5,000.

I understand the allure of gold but if our system was reset against it and it jumped to $15k an oz or something, we would be in a secular depression. Are you going to risk taking your gold wafers into town to barter?

Farmland is 10x the hedge that gold is and already there are accelerating sales all around me. Sub 2% interest rates with a huge dose of inflation tells me all these are going up, probably even commodities this time.

Comment

https://youtu.be/oWOiryI_1ns

Fast forward to the 14 minute mark and watch. The commercial banks control the liquidity in the system not the fed. They have the bowling pins all set up and they can throw a guaranteed strike by tightening lending standards to all time highs.

Comment

Banks are going to need to pull it off quick. Before the feds policy change to run inflation 🔥 next month. https://www.bnnbloomberg.ca/the-fed-is-setting-the-stage-for-a-major-policy-change-1.1466900

In a world of unsound money...

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.