• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Farm groups..WHy???

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Farm groups..WHy???

I have been wasting time listening or reading farm groups messages to governments or the people they represent...

Can someone please tel me why they all have to throw the irrigation project into their writings or speakings????

Tool Lewis of APAS mentioned it in his ag committee attendance the other day...

Elford from the SSGA mentioned it in his writing in the editorial of the SSGA magazine...

Do these guys know what it costs ...

While 350 farmers get a million dollar per quarter subsidy ....the other 30000 farmer those two alone represent get SFA...

Shouldn't they be saying ....if the Saskatchewan government has that kind of money all farmers should be getting some help....maybe buy a farmer a combine or another a tractor...or come up with better programs...

The extra 100000 acres will not drive the economy...period...and the existing 100000 acres are still on the tit....

If the land already grows 40 BPA regularly ...investing a million a quarter to double it to 80 BPA seems like a questionable investment...

Some one has to tell these guys the only gain is the spread between what a farmer is already growing and the modest increase with irrigation...

Most dryland farms have made increases with better agronomics ,equipment and less rainfall....they are not receiving a million dollar per quarter subsidy...

And the dryland guys are the ones creating the volume for the economy for graincos, railways and input dealers...

Phone your reps and tell them they represent all farmers not a just a few....

I have but they don't seem to listen as they keep promoting it...

Originally posted by bucket View Post
    I have been wasting time listening or reading farm groups messages to governments or the people they represent...

Can someone please tel me why they all have to throw the irrigation project into their writings or speakings????

Tool Lewis of APAS mentioned it in his ag committee attendance the other day...

Elford from the SSGA mentioned it in his writing in the editorial of the SSGA magazine...

Do these guys know what it costs ...

While 350 farmers get a million dollar per quarter subsidy ....the other 30000 farmer those two alone represent get SFA...

Shouldn't they be saying ....if the Saskatchewan government has that kind of money all farmers should be getting some help....maybe buy a farmer a combine or another a tractor...or come up with better programs...

The extra 100000 acres will not drive the economy...period...and the existing 100000 acres are still on the tit....

If the land already grows 40 BPA regularly ...investing a million a quarter to double it to 80 BPA seems like a questionable investment...

Some one has to tell these guys the only gain is the spread between what a farmer is already growing and the modest increase with irrigation...

Most dryland farms have made increases with better agronomics ,equipment and less rainfall....they are not receiving a million dollar per quarter subsidy...

And the dryland guys are the ones creating the volume for the economy for graincos, railways and input dealers...

Phone your reps and tell them they represent all farmers not a just a few....

I have but they don't seem to listen as they keep promoting it...
    Probably the most important farm thread and no one replies?
    Scrap agristability!!! We need to rethink the whole process it’s only good for the crooks and accountants, government workers and governments who don’t really want to provide assistance.

Comment

Farm groups here useful and respected and mostly in tunecwith farmers needs and thoughts and represent us on govt level.

We have grass root subbbranches across each state.

Got a issue take to them and they thrash it Out.

Our farm Organizations here basically some farmers on the board and other professionals with skill set that farmers think they have but reality they dont.

Pure farmers board achieve nothing and usual all like minded with same agenda.

Our farm board rolls every 4 years but many only dontwo fresh blood fresh ideas.

You may have the type over there farmers who think there a cut above everyone and are professional boardcsitters achieve jack shitze pull there pudcand get well paid for it. Those dinosaur types long gone here.

Debate on farm issues important but so is consencious. Our changes to single desk monopoly classic example took over three years of getting it right for orderly transition. Domestic market deregulated first then export after that. Actually probably closer to five years.

Sorry my response means nothing to you guys Just chewingbthe fat on a hot night.

Comment

Originally posted by malleefarmer View Post
        Farm groups here useful and respected and mostly in tunecwith farmers needs and thoughts and represent us on govt level.

Our farm Organizations here basically some farmers on the board and other professionals with skill set that farmers think they have but reality they dont.

Our farm board rolls every 4 years but many only dontwo fresh blood fresh ideas.

You may have the type over there farmers who think there a cut above everyone and are professional boardcsitters achieve jack shitze pull there pudcand get well paid for it. Those dinosaur types long gone here.

Debate on farm issues important but so is consencious. Our changes to single desk monopoly classic example took over three years of getting it right for orderly transition. Domestic market deregulated first then export after that. Actually probably closer to five years.

Sorry my response means nothing to you guys Just chewingbthe fat on a hot night.
        Actually it means a lot it shows how it should work. With us farmers should be in dialogue with groups but it isn’t that way they have a fake meeting after they’ve decided things just to appease the media and fool the media that discussion is happenning. We usually find out about what we re discussing through what’s written in the paper or on the news. And the next week we find out it’s done. Lol
        That’s not far from the actuality either.

Comment

Just curious do the people on your farm groups representing farmers mostly end up in the government in a few years serving as ministers or assistants to the people they were supposed to be rooting against for us?

Comment

Originally posted by the big wheel View Post
            Just curious do the people on your farm groups representing farmers mostly end up in the government in a few years serving as ministers or assistants to the people they were supposed to be rooting against for us?
            They certainly have influence or the ability to buy into government's bullshit. ..and speak to it...

With all the complaining I do and phone calls made ....I hear that some of my opinions make sense....yet never get a call back then only to see a newcomer/has been representing farmers views in front of an ag committee...with zero experience....

Have you heard one farm group question the fact that it was the conservatives under Gerry Ritz and Lianne Rood that changed the BRMs and then think they are going to admit their mistake...

She is still covering her tracks ffs
            Last edited by bucket; Nov 27, 2020, 08:04.

Comment

Thanks Mallee
              That’s similar to the way it works here.

The myth that young blood is good for board activity is that, a myth.
              Who would hire a inexperienced shearer with no experience or training, a guy that wants to be a Electririan, or carpenter, run your air seeder - he’s driven a tractor before and everything seems ok, etc

Knowledge, understanding and experience ( been there, done that, made that mistake, etc)make things better with better results. A opinion is just that. I’d hire Errol before the kid out of university,

Comment

i try to get all my checkoffs back because no farm groups are working for my interests. I did not inherit my land so most of them live on a different planet. I need agri stab canned because all it does is fill competitors pockets while I work off farm. Would like to see a GRIP type of program in its place. Don't hear that anywhere. I agree that irrigating more acres in central SK is largely a waste if private dollars will not get that done.

Comment

Originally posted by the big wheel View Post
                  Nah not really.

Like i said farm groups here 2/3rds farmers and other members fromnallnwalks if life with a farming conn3ction somewere.

Comment

Our state farm group leader is maybe 35 been running hus farm since he was 18.

Back to single desk was basically farmers wanted change but had to be unanimous first round didnt make it was only 65% then more lobbying working out until the in the end was iver 80% supported change.

So govt agreed theyvwanted open slather change farm bodies said hang on weve gotta get this right, port access fior all What happens to awb assetts abb assets etc.

Like i said thrashed out over years.

You guys mention inthink nfu and theybhave climate change agenda read our groups mission statement doesnt get a single mention other than a broad brush stoke “environmentally responsible” which is a no.thing statement but keeps greenies happy who have little impact here onnfarming.

Guess australia is one ofvthe last conservative countries left and farm politics refelects that.

Could go on but its canada forum not backwoods australia

Comment

Mallee, if only we heard a boo about farm groups fighting for our interests(which by the way, is their job) we wouldn’t be so cynical. Its just total silence out here. Maybe its a communication problem We need to be more vocal?

Comment

Farm groups in Canada are a Total waste of Air.

They do shit all and take money for nothing.

Had a big meeting set up last spring after the harvest from hell?

All it was an introduction for the new guy running for MLA, Crap insurance doesn't pay till harvest is complete even if its lentils that are rotten in the field.

Ag stab phones us it's just you that has a problem don't take up time stirring the pot so farmers actually ask questions.

Canada is run by idiots.

But we're getting a new program to sign up for free to tell the city folk how were all good stewards of the land.

Comment

So seems like reading between lines youve got farmjers who are proffesional board sitter get 40k athrow know jackshitze and sit on many organisations.

Those types are not tolerated here.

I was active at our local level in years goneby but didnt aspire to gomto state level.

Comment

Originally posted by malleefarmer View Post

Sounds very much like the Farm Bureau system of the U.S. Local county boards, then state boards, and then the National Farm Bureau. All three levels employ lawyers and lobbyists, not all counties have to have a Farm Bureau, so numerous counties may have one board. Not sure exactly how the are funded, I do know that if you are a Farm Bureau member you pay a membership fee, but I don't know how much it is, or what other funding they have. Both of my uncles have been on their local Farm Bureau's over the years with one even serving at the state level and serving on different committee's that have worked nationally. There still is individual producer groups but the Farm Bureau is by far the most effective voice for U.S ag.

I have posted before that this is the system we need here in Canada so that we have a single voice representing all aspects of primary agriculture in Ottawa.

Comment

The Farm Bureau is only one voice in a very noisy US lobby soup. Grower groups, commodity orgs and the NFU (yes NFU but not the Bolshevik style one like we have) all compete for politicians taste buds.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.