• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Masks working?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wore a mask for the first time last week due to the stupid mandate. I felt like I was going to die after the first ten minutes. I got a headache, and after removing it once done in the city, it took me until the next day to feel like I hade enough oxygen.

I may have to visit a doctor and see if I can get an exemption. Surely I am not the only person who feels nearly dead after wearing one for a bit? I’m 44 years old, healthy as a horse, but the restriction made me physically sick.

Comment

Sheep

Just wondering why you're asking the question of "Masks working", we all know your thoughts regarding the entire Covid situation. Even if medical experts present the facts that mask work, you wouldn't believe them anyways. Something to do with science in your case is always suspect.

You posted a fee weeks ago if I'm not mistaking "You'll never wear one' (Mask) . Then you sheepishly back that statement off when the shit storm hit, and stated you would wear one in public or if someone was nervous if you didn't have one on..

Of coarse to you won't get Covid in your bubble word of everything Anti. So be thank for that and let the real Medical experts deal with Covid!!

Comment

Originally posted by Partners View Post
        So you explain the mega increase?
        Being your so smart..
        Is there a mega increase in bacterial pneumonia numbers?

I don’t watch news or read news or anything, so if there is I wont hear of it.

That said, I’d want to see the claims.

We’re in the middle of a respiratory pandemic. It makes sense there would be increased lung issues.

So were the people with bacterial pneumonia Covid patients at some point in time?

Did they even wear masks?

These are two more recent factors that could contribute to increased lung problems on top of more regular factors like smoking.

Or are you just making a correlated assumption that there’s an increase in bacterial pneumonia at a point in time some people are wearing more masks so obviously one is the result of the other?

It would be interesting to see the logic behind it. Why would a mask give a person bacterial pneumonia? Does it trap the bacteria in, causing people to breathe in higher amounts? That can’t be true, I’ve heard from many people that masks can’t even keep large particles out let alone smaller things like bacteria and viruses. If they can’t keep them out, then how can they be blamed for keeping them in?

Correlation does not equal causation.

Comment

Wear it under your nose like lots do.
          Or a 1 ply .does zero but you will look like you are..

Comment

Originally posted by Sheepwheat View Post
            I wore a mask for the first time last week due to the stupid mandate. I felt like I was going to die after the first ten minutes. I got a headache, and after removing it once done in the city, it took me until the next day to feel like I hade enough oxygen.

I may have to visit a doctor and see if I can get an exemption. Surely I am not the only person who feels nearly dead after wearing one for a bit? I’m 44 years old, healthy as a horse, but the restriction made me physically sick.
            Well well well another lie then about our discussion a few weeks ago you said you wore mask regarding your product. Your customers ought to read what your thoughts are.
            Not very business savvy at all never mind wreckkess. There are public rules that people. Handling food are to follow so the rest of us can feel confident in our system. You feel it that important to mock this virus? Wow

Comment

Originally posted by foragefarmer View Post
              Sheep

Just wondering why you're asking the question of "Masks working", we all know your thoughts regarding the entire Covid situation. Even if medical experts present the facts that mask work, you wouldn't believe them anyways. Something to do with science in your case is always suspect.

You posted a fee weeks ago if I'm not mistaking "You'll never wear one' (Mask) . Then you sheepishly back that statement off when the shit storm hit, and stated you would wear one in public or if someone was nervous if you didn't have one on..

Of coarse to you won't get Covid in your bubble word of everything Anti. So be thank for that and let the real Medical experts deal with Covid!!
              Actually, you don’t know my take on the whole situation, there is no way anyone can. It is far more complex an issue than outsiders may think.. Do you ignore medical experts with contrary views? I did indeed state I would never wear one. I meant it. When pushed, I recognized after talking to someone, that it made them feel better for some unknown reason, if I put a mask on. I would be utterly shocked if I got COVID. I hardly leave my farm, I am not a social butterfly, i never was one to be in someone’s personal space. Before this all hit, I already would back away if someone broached my space.

I am thankful, very very thankful that I am blessed to be able to have this freedom. I am sad that others have to be with people and simply can’t get away. I can’t even imagine... lol

Now that I have to wear one if I do go out, I do. Not to be a lemming, but solely to avoid getting a stupid fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Sheepwheat View Post

You've never wore a mask in your life?

I’m 32. I’ve had to wear dust masks, 3M masks, even half face masks with cartridge filters on them that pass those stupid stinky smoke sealing tests. I also regularly wear scarves over my face in winter.

Notably mask use (not the scarves) is almost exclusively when I’m doing manual labour, not just shopping. Yet they do not cause any issues beyond basic discomfort. Any farmer who’s ever shovelled out a bin should be able to tell you the original adjustment of wearing a mask is well worth breathing in the dust and hacking up lungs and dirt for days after. Yes they’re hot. Yes they’re uncomfortable. Yes they are pain. But for many other faucets of life they’re a necessary evil, shopping for half an hour with a cloth on your face is hardly the worst case mask wearing scenario.

There’s a couple phrases that spring to mind when I hear people complain about not being able to breathe with masks on. One is “Mind over matter” and the other is “Suck it up, Princess.” Obviously we live in a coddled time that something that makes air warm and humid is so uncomfortable to the point we feel we are oxygen deprived. The concept that it takes days to recover lends itself to the idea people are suffering from a form of CO2 poisoning. But again... if masks can’t keep the virus out, how can they keep CO2 in so much people poison themselves?
                Last edited by Blaithin; Nov 26, 2020, 17:08.

Comment

Originally posted by the big wheel View Post
                  Well well well another lie then about our discussion a few weeks ago you said you wore mask regarding your product. Your customers ought to read what your thoughts are.
                  Not very business savvy at all never mind wreckkess. There are public rules that people. Handling food are to follow so the rest of us can feel confident in our system. You feel it that important to mock this virus? Wow
                  I don’t handle food. I handle lambs. I do wear masks if people were wanting me to. EVERY BUYER of my product never wore a mask until it was mandated. OST times I do not see the buyers, most times our shipments are done by courier.
                  Last edited by Sheepwheat; Nov 26, 2020, 17:06.

Comment

Originally posted by Blaithin View Post
                    You've never wore a mask in your life?

I’m 32. I’ve had to wear dust masks, 3M masks, even half face masks with cartridge filters on them that pass those stupid stinky smoke sealing tests. I also regularly wear scarves over my face in winter.

Notably mask use (not the scarves) is almost exclusively when I’m doing manual labour, not just shopping. Yet they do not cause any issues beyond basic discomfort. Any farmer who’s ever shovelled out a bin should be able to tell you the original adjustment of wearing a mask is well worth breathing in the dust and hacking up lungs and dirt for days after. Yes they’re hot. Yes they’re uncomfortable. Yes they are pain. But for many other faucets of life they’re a necessary evil, shopping for half an hour with a cloth on your face is hardly the worst case mask wearing scenario.
                    When shovelling grain, I wear a full face shield type mask/breathing apparatus that has zero breathing restrictions, so no, I don’t typically wear theses silly face masks. I guess I could wear that in public, except folks may call the cops on me, because it literally would look like I am about to detonate a small nuclear bomb, or about to dismantle a small nuclear bomb. It wouldn’t fly IMO.

But honestly, quite a few ppl I have talked to suffer while wearing a mask. Most dont, but to belittle those of us who honestly struggle to breathe, is not fair IMO.
                    Last edited by Sheepwheat; Nov 26, 2020, 17:08.

Comment

Originally posted by the big wheel View Post
                      You don’t even know what it is that I do, obviously, so why the attack?

Comment

Regardless, the point still stands. Why are cases not dropping three weeks after the mandate being put in place?

Comment

If people have legit medical reasons and doctors notes supporting issues like COPD that could be affecting breathing with masks on, then belittling would be uncalled for.

For the people claiming they feel they’re going to die yet have nothing medical to back it up... belittling seems a suitable step to such over reaction.

Go see your doctor and see which you fall in?

I have to wear the things for over 13 hours at work now. It’s not fun. It’s hot. It takes a bit to just get over the warm air and taking it off feels like going outside and breathing in fresh, rain filled air. My nose doesn’t hurt but has a feeling similar to when I take my hair out of a ponytail or my bra off after a long day. Uncomfortable sums it up the best. I was hoping increased humidity would help keep my lips from chapping but alas, opposite effect. I’m excitedly awaiting the zits I’m sure will make an appearance one day.

Overall it’s reminiscent of when I stepped off the airplane in Queensland and went to take a huge gulp of what looked like it should be fresh, cool, summer rain air. Instead I almost choked on how thick it was with humidity. Somehow I didn’t die or experience oxygen deprivation issues. People can breathe in air that’s even 100% humidity and be fine. It just takes adjustment.

Absolutely I would prefer to not wear one but all of the above doesn’t mean it’s making me sick or I have lung issues or I shouldn’t have to wear it.

Comment

If people have legit medical reasons and doctors notes supporting issues like COPD that could be affecting breathing with masks on, then belittling would be uncalled for.

For the people claiming they feel they’re going to die yet have nothing medical to back it up... belittling seems a suitable step to such over reaction.

Go see your doctor and see which you fall in?

I have to wear the things for over 13 hours at work now. It’s not fun. It’s hot. It takes a bit to just get over the warm air and taking it off feels like going outside and breathing in fresh, rain filled air. My nose doesn’t hurt but has a feeling similar to when I take my hair out of a ponytail or my bra off after a long day. Uncomfortable sums it up the best. I was hoping increased humidity would help keep my lips from chapping but alas, opposite effect. I’m excitedly awaiting the zits I’m sure will make an appearance one day.

Overall it’s reminiscent of when I stepped off the airplane in Queensland and went to take a huge gulp of what looked like it should be fresh, cool, summer rain air. Instead I almost choked on how thick it was with humidity. Somehow I didn’t die or experience oxygen deprivation issues. People can breathe in air that’s even 100% humidity and be fine. It just takes adjustment.

Absolutely I would prefer to not wear one but all of the above doesn’t mean it’s making me sick or I have lung issues or I shouldn’t have to wear it.
                            If I had to wear one for 13 hours straight, it would honestly make me useless. Maybe I should see my doc regarding this issue. I wore it for almost an hour straight, and the headache and the terrible feeling of weakness was really bad.

Comment

I’m more likely to starve to death I think. How can someone snack?!??

Not to mention my caffeine consumption is in dire threat.

Maybe that’s why breathing doesn’t seem to be such an issue. My stomach is drowning out everything else.

Comment

I’m more likely to starve to death I think. How can someone snack?!??

Not to mention my caffeine consumption is in dire threat.

Maybe that’s why breathing doesn’t seem to be such an issue. My stomach is drowning out everything else.
                                All I know is that if it affected everyone like it affected me, no one would wear masks.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...