• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Laughing at Alberta

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Laughing at Alberta

Alberta Government
    @YourAlberta
    Alberta will not be participating in the national test of the emergency alerting system scheduled for 1:55pm today due to the ongoing COVID-19 crisis.

Hours before a preplanned test of the national emergency alerta system the Alberta announces it will not participate in the national emergency crisis Alert because of the ongoing Covid crisis in Alberta. Not much use having an emergency alert system if it is not able to be used in a crisis in Alberta even though it can be used in every other province during a crisis. Or is it a case where Kenney is just trying to show up Trudeau for his base?

So is that to alert us when they actualy have some vaccine in Canada as I'm guessing they have no idea when we actualy get any?

Comment

Originally posted by shtferbrains View Post
      So is that to alert us when they actualy have some vaccine in Canada as I'm guessing they have no idea when we actualy get any?
      Trudope never gave enough money away on the international stage to be high on the list of Countries to receive the vaccine.

Is China in full vaccination mode yet? It was there first, they should have a head start.

......or maybe they already had the antidote?

Comment

Read a couple of weeks ago Chinese international students were getting it but had to travel to certain cities.

Comment

Devil's advocate comment here....

Maybe when China developed the coronavirus to screw with the rest of the world....they developed the vaccine or antidote at the same time...

Comment

I think this thread needs a chicken picture.

I cannot for the life of me figure out how this is relevant to Agriculture, Commodities, or even the usual favourite off topic topics. Or how it affects any of us?

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
              I think this thread needs a chicken picture.

I cannot for the life of me figure out how this is relevant to Agriculture, Commodities, or even the usual favourite off topic topics. Or how it affects any of us?
              It doesn't. The purpose of the thread is to bully and shame. Evidently bullying is OK as long as the bully is woke.

Comment

The system works fine.
                My phone blares when it should.
                You must be bored.

Comment

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post
                  The system works fine.
                  My phone blares when it should.
                  You must be bored.
                  good job calling out BS when you see it , BP

Comment

I wonder if BP or case ever check the oil in engines. Or simply since they put some when they changed it, it must be fine.

Comment

Don’t see why they need to test it anyway. Do you think there’s some one in Alberta that doesn’t know there’s a pandemic and their cell will tell them with the emergency alert?

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                        Devil's advocate comment here....

Maybe when China developed the coronavirus to screw with the rest of the world....they developed the vaccine or antidote at the same time...
                        That is the conversation with a lot of people, China, UN, WHO, Dems, all want control without firing a shot. Bloodless war on USA/Trump, capitalism. It's going great for them so far...

Their minion in Ottawa might be first to get the Vac, maybe has already.

Comment

Originally posted by Blaithin View Post

Don’t see why they need to test it anyway. Do you think there’s some one in Alberta that doesn’t know there’s a pandemic and their cell will tell them with the emergency alert?
                          like that stupid weather network that has a big red warning every day about covid
                          but they can't predict the weather for tomorrow
                          not a peep before the tornado we had this summer , just told us to wash our hands
                          Last edited by caseih; Nov 26, 2020, 18:26.

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                            like that stupid weather network that has a big red warning every day about cover
                            but they can't predict the weather for tomorrow
                            not a peep before the tornado we had this summer , just told us to wash our hands
                            They don't here. I've seen it in screenshots of people from Sask posting their weather, but we've never had an alert for Covid on the weather network in Alberta.

I don't mind. When there's actually a weather event, like severe thunderstorm, snowfall, tornado, wind, etc. I'm more likely to notice it. I'm not habituated to my app saying there's a warning every day for the last 9 months so I don't even look at it anymore.

Comment

I test my fire alarms and check to make sure furnace is working properly and auto levels is proper. I don't see where checking an alert system is political or deserves to be name calling anyone. But go ahead and call me down for making sure my safety alerts are working properly even if they could save your life.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.