• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Christmas shopping

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope you have a wood and coal stove. You're probably getting a railcar full of coal.

Comment

I don’t know or understand how or if it can be extrapolated.

- 1 in 4 shocked me
      - is it this high because they could defer payments (or interest etc) so they did
      - same with Cerb, people took the money because they could
      So the above isn’t a true reflection of the market?

- cabins, farms, second homes in high demand ( money staying closer to home ( vs stock markets.)
      - big snow storm is Saskatoon, and everyone on Cerb, unemployment insurance etc are offered snow clearing jobs ( trucks, graders, etc) but they decline or don’t want to go back to work= Worker shortage
      - this is contrary to a higher real estate market with higher asking prices and selling prices, with demand higher than supply?

We seem to be waiting for the next Fed election. Expect more of the same, and the tag line will be “skippy will save us, look how much good has come averting disaster”

I’m wondering after the next election ?
      - interest rates higher or lower ( best guess is lower first)
      - tax increases, what ever and where ever they can - they will
      - low inflation then runaway?
      - inflation will be managed by Feds through higher interest rates
      - business bankruptcies, and relocating to USA
      - lower birth rate = need for higher immigration for jobs most don’t want ( solidifying votes for next election aftermath)

That all seems negative, but
      - we have a safe climate
      - high living standards, reasonable income levels
      - generally safe non violent society ( getting worse fast though)
      -

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
        I hope you have a wood and coal stove. You're probably getting a railcar full of coal.
        Hope not. I'd have to unload it!

Comment

A lot of this seems puzzling.
          Record household debt before Covid , job market not the greatest before either
          The Covid hits , and within month the house market takes off , sea doos and RV’s sold out .
          Now house market still on “fire” yet 25% ready for bankruptcy? Hmmmm
          I must live a sheltered live cause none of what’s going on makes sense at all .

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
            The Covid hits , and within month the house market takes off , sea doos and RV’s sold out .
            There are some people who have been gainfully employed this entire time. Stable employment and low interest rates are attractive for buying.

Doesn't make up for the part of the population that are bad with money though.

Comment

Originally posted by Blaithin View Post
              Just let’s some people stick their head back in the sand and blame federal politics a little bit longer. Once the pandemic is over they’ll be back where they were.
              You dont run your farm like that idiot
              Neither do i
              “The budget will balance itself” comment shows his intelligence and budget skills

Comment

Friend of mine was hauling boats from the dealer to buyer this summer. The way he talked, 1/3 of sales were guys getting out of existing boats into new to get lower monthly payments.

Comment

When I hear people asking for shut down I always wonder if they themselves will go home with no paycheck?
                  Most of the time obviously not.
                  If Moe shuts it down will he pay all those that have no income from the day they go home?
                  Doubtful as the province can't print money or issue bonds that the BOC buys.
                  Can Mr Treudau come up with another 350 billions?
                  The liberals see income tax time comming fast and all those cerb recips get a big bill that will come out of any other support program they routinely recieve like child tax or welfare.
                  He needs an election before that happens.
                  Those chickens again.
                  Always come home to roost.

Comment

With all the negative covid shit on the news every minute of our lives.
                    Maybe people think we are all going to die anyway. Buy and enjoy.

Comment

My friend build stairs for a significant portion of new houses in Edmonton and he’s as busy as ever the last few months. Talking to the banker the other day and first time home purchase numbers are as high as ever too. Cheap rates are doing it apparently.

Comment

Originally posted by Partners View Post
                        With all the negative covid shit on the news every minute of our lives.
                        Maybe people think we are all going to die anyway. Buy and enjoy.
                        We know that isn't going to happen, but I'm getting tired of it already.

Always thinking about my parents and the risk it poses to them, makes me take some extra precautions.

Comment

I plan to do my Christmas shopping locally, masked and sanitized of course. We have lost 5 local businesses in town since the start of covid and I'm sure there are many more on the verge of closure. I was in a well established local clothing store Thursday and couldn't believe my eyes. The store which is usually packed with endless options, was half empty and the owner was the only person working there. And for the 20 minutes I was there, I was the only customer . F going to the city to stand next to hundreds of strangers to save 10%. And yes the post office is the busiest place in town. We have done alot of online shopping in the past but I think we better shop local or local won't be an option in the future.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                          • Return to Topic List
                          Working...
                          X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                          You agree to our and by clicking I agree.