• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

An election reform idea

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the best change that could be made would be to eliminate partisan politics. No more political parties. Every potential elected official runs on their own, in their own riding. They all go to Ottawa and pick a prime minister from among the winners. It would make it harder for lobby groups to influence the upper echelon, like the can do so easily, they would have to spread their influence out and be more visible (hopefully). And yes everyone would vote their self interest but they would have to co-operate with others to get anything for themselves. Maybe then the ideas that were best for the whole country would garner the most support. No more voting along party lines. No more party loyalty the (hold your nose and vote crap). What do you think...…….

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
      Who other than a narcissist is going to want to get into politics in this day and age, under the current system?
      OK, so considering that all politicians are possible narcissists, I will now not vote for sociopaths.

Comment

Originally posted by littledoggie View Post
        OK, so considering that all politicians are possible narcissists, I will now not vote for sociopaths.
        Even applying that stringent criteria may shrink the field of candidates as much down to very few.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...
        X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
        You agree to our and by clicking I agree.