• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canadian Roundtable for Sustainable crops CRSC

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On farm.com, article about the CRSC starting consultations about creating what is called “responsible grains”, a brand to be created with a list of standards met by Canadian farmers if they choose to enroll. So yes bucket and burnt it looks like they want to greenwash Canadian agriculture just like A&W or McDonalds is attempting to do. What I find funny about fast food companies green washing is that they are selling hamburger, the cheapest cut of beef ground up from trim. The unfortunate reality is that as a rule these programs simply create more hoops for farmers to jump through with NO financial benefit!

Comment

Originally posted by Hamloc View Post
      On farm.com, article about the CRSC starting consultations about creating what is called “responsible grains”, a brand to be created with a list of standards met by Canadian farmers if they choose to enroll. So yes bucket and burnt it looks like they want to greenwash Canadian agriculture just like A&W or McDonalds is attempting to do. What I find funny about fast food companies green washing is that they are selling hamburger, the cheapest cut of beef ground up from trim. The unfortunate reality is that as a rule these programs simply create more hoops for farmers to jump through with NO financial benefit!
      Quelle surprise!

Every farm organization that signs onto this is eligible for the Marcus Junius Brutus Award.

They should instead be denouncing this highly partisan and divisive ploy and setting the record straight on what farmers have done to keep on top of environmental issues.

And most of all, these groups should be pushing the users hard for better compensation for the efforts made.

As Farmaholic implied - show me the money.

But no - these all-powerful multinationals want all the benefit at our expense.

Comment

All that I see in agriculture lately is the law of diminishing returns....

Guys are depressed with a 35 bpa canola crop in a dry year because they know they are losing money....

Comment

I'm not against a retailer procuring, branding and marketing a product, and calling it sustainable. While the word itself is meaningless, and taken literally, is impossible to achieve, but if consumers are willing to pay a premium for something, then we are oblidged to separate a fool from his or her money. No different than Non GMO, or organic, or countless other marketing ploys currently being foisted on the uneducated consumer. As a producer, I can choose if the premium offered is sufficient to justify jumping through the hoops.

Just don't make it a top down mandatory requirement for marketing our products to an indifferent end user, where the producers get to bear the costs.

Comment

Pulse protein industry was developed in Canada.
            That’s a new market, actually astronomical opportunities.
            I’m glad it’s here and being developed here.

Critical thinking without solutions is easy.

Comment

Originally posted by Rareearth View Post
              Pulse protein industry was developed in Canada.
              That’s a new market, actually astronomical opportunities.
              I’m glad it’s here and being developed here.

Critical thinking without solutions is easy.
              Not to shit on it but its government money funding this...and so far they haven't created a BPA demand for close to 500million of taxpayer money...

Comment

Ducks Unlimited doesn’t have the best interests of agriculture.

Why is DU involved in this roundtable?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...
                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.