• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WTF??

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post
    I had to google beaver moon.
    Kept reminding me of a certain position.
    Full tonight
    Nice

Comment

Originally posted by Horse View Post
      Yes we are loosing in relationships, I had a woman say the other day they dont need men anymore ,they have sperm banks and vibrators most of the women were in agreement. I guess we go the way of the horse and buggy,only a few stuck to those days.
      Replaced by a battery operated toy,kind of thought we was worth more.
      Horse, just so I understand right do you mean back in your day you had to wind the toys up before they had batteries and that's why they needed men?

Comment

Originally posted by GDR View Post
        Horse, just so I understand right do you mean back in your day you had to wind the toys up before they had batteries and that's why they needed men?
        You could say Horse is the vintage where “a roll in the hay” actually involved doing it in the hay.

Comment

If a topic is hostile I avoid.

Ignore users.

COvid refuse to get in argument one way or the other.

I post current situation here with out passing judgement.

Think before I type mostly.

Sometimes I’m gonna engage type reread, nah that’s not needed or adding to debate.

Almost etiquette.

I steer clear of underwear as well.

Still like idea of all encompassing farming forum, and another for everything else two only.

But ain’t gonna happen.

But that’s not point of this thread.

Everyone’s a hero behind keyboard since social media’s inception.

Comment

Combine the two thoughts... general decorum going to shit everywhere around us, and people thinking they dont need the "other".

Perhaps in a smaller world it was a selfish need of help in any form from others that kept your tongue bitten.

Now in a world where you have curated social media friends, jobs are short term gigs rather than careers, and individuality more than ever is derived from adherence to one or the other grievance group, you're far more less inclined to play politely.

Comment

Originally posted by malleefarmer View Post
              Everyone’s a hero behind keyboard since social media’s inception.

Comment

This is whats wrong with this country nobody wants to stand up for themselves. Just bend over and take it like we have always done. Someone tell me whats wrong with standing up for something you believe even if it hurts some poor snowflakes feelings. This site is getting pathetic may be time to leave as its turned into a rainbow and unicorn feel good site.

Comment

Big disagree Sofa King.

There are many, many, many words in the English language. Why, when one is expressing their opinion, do people tend to default to the same few words that revolve around “you’re so dumb, I’m so right” The idea that by standing up for yourself you’re automatically hurting someone’s feelings is both narcissistic and unnecessary. Why do people’s feelings need to be involved at all, let alone injured.

People are too focused on their “right to free speech” that they don’t exercise their right to a broad vocabulary and choice of expression. People do not have to be rude, derogatory or offensive when stating their opinion. People do not have to be rude, derogatory or offensive when have discussions with people of differing opinions.

This does not make people snowflakes or pansies or easily offended because they are capable of using different words and expressing themselves in more polite manners. It means they are more polite people. And just an FYI, you catch more flies with honey. People being rude, derogatory or offensive are rarely listened too and are more likely to be dismissed as the curmudgeons they’re acting like.

Do not confuse an ability or right to express an opinion as a right to be heard or a right to be a dick or even that you’re standing up for yourself. People are allowed to not listen to people just as much as they’re allowed to spew whatever garbage they see fit.

The entire idea that somebody being polite or avoiding confrontation is “bending over and taking it” is a vulgar image representing why there may be such a lack of manners in today’s society. It should not be viewed as being weak to have manners. People cannot gripe that nobody today has manners and then condescend that people with manners are soft****s.

If a person cannot even associate and converse with others who exercise manners and differing views and feels they must leave.... well I’d be more concerned about that persons ability to relate to other people than I would ever worry over my own. They must be a lonely individual indeed.

To feel that the world needs more argumentative and angry repose in order to stand up for views and beliefs and that there’s too much frufru rainbows and unicorns around.... I think the world needs a bit more frufru right about now.

And I for one am glad I have the ability to talk without purposely offending people or becoming offended. It is apparently a rare skill set.
                  Last edited by Blaithin; Nov 29, 2020, 21:52.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Bin Lurking View Post
                      Sorry, but I disagree with Earl on that.

Comment

Originally posted by Bin Lurking View Post
                        Yes Bin Lurking wise words that everyone including you should heed.

Comment

I agree with the, "you define yourself ", but not the "you don't define them", other wise how have you come to the mental conclusion of judgement.
                          So I take that back, I partly agree with Earl.
                          I would buy Earl a half a beer.

Comment

Originally posted by GDR View Post
                            I was thinking more along the line that women needed men more for financial security,now thats not near as important as they have way more autonomy . and its way easier to walk away than fix the problem thinking the grass is greener only to find thats not always the case. Even in the hay.
                            There are long marriages and there are good marriages but there are very few good long marriages.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                            • Return to Topic List
                            Working...