• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Supply Management got their payment details....

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Supply Management got their payment details....

Those must be pretty shocking photos and videos to get the government to move that fast....after a few question in question period by the opposition...

Meanwhile Agristability is still being talked about....8 years after the last changes made and they won't put it back to 85 percent...

Saskatchewan will bitch about the cost sharing arrangement...they have the money...they won't spend as much on agristabilty payments as the interest on the 4.5 billion irrigation project and the irrigators are tapping agristabilty as well...

These are direct payments for supply management agreed to by the conservatives when they started the trade agreements...

Meanwhile Freeland and others have hindered grain markets with other countries with zero compensation...

Yesterday BOBOO was so excited she just about pissed her self on Twitter with the announcement to help Canadian FArmers.

Like WTF did you do for western Canadian Farmers that the Gov of Canada Hurt and We get Zero Compensation.

We are told you're still selling Canola, even if its bought by third party countries and resold for a profit to China.

Yep Crickets from Our leaders, Our FArm reps and Farmers.

This is a ****ing joke.

Comment

The average farmer is not supported at all in this country....

Look at the dairy guys... 80cows get 38000 per payment. ...

...my calves won't net me that much per year...

These are direct payments....no forms to fill out and wait for verifiers a year and a half later
      And constant audits for repayments. ..

Is supply management a backbone of Canadian agriculture like the minister said?

Really 3 billion in supports and it's the backbone?

What about the 60000 farmers keeping railways grain cos and input dealers busy along with their major contribution to the economy. ..

It seems supply management is banking the money considering they could afford to sewer milk at the beginning of the pandemic..

Comment

Supply management was set up for the consumer to pay the cost of production with a price adjusted regularly giving the producer a steady risk free income with no need for government subsidies.
        ??????

Comment

One of the area's biggest dairy farmers built a barn this year for 1000 cows.

He formerly got in on the beginners quota giveaway by entering his wife's name in the "draw".

Now, in addition to the several thousand acres he already owns, he just bought a 500 acre block to expand on.

So that's how they do it...

Comment

I live in a fairly dense Sm area. These payments have been noticed in the land market,
            50000$ payment for a 100 cow dairy is a 500,000$ payment to a 500 cow dairy.
            It makes me wanna puke that guys with probably $20,000,000 net worth just got a 500000$ payment in the mail.
            Welfare for the rich.
            Now they can start paying a million for quarters further west .
            Perfect 👌

Comment

Why is nobody complaining about this stupidity.
              If the government can give these greedy farmers a check, they might as well find the poorest 5 million Canadians and write them all a check.
              I’m furious about this

Comment

Originally posted by Ab7 View Post
                Why is nobody complaining about this stupidity.
                If the government can give these greedy farmers a check, they might as well find the poorest 5 million Canadians and write them all a check.
                I’m furious about this
                Now that your frustration level is high...let me add another fact to the equation....irrigation farmers in Saskatchewan ...maybe Alberta as well, I don't know.....but in Saskatchewan they are subsidized higher than supply management...

See how wide of view I have ....its all coming from taxpayers...

Comment

Originally posted by shtferbrains View Post
                  Supply management was set up for the consumer to pay the cost of production with a price adjusted regularly giving the producer a steady risk free income with no need for government subsidies.
                  ??????
                  According to Booboo this cartel payment/vote buying is for CETA and CPTPP.

The payment for USMCA will be yuuuge and might be in 2021 or 2022 depending on the election timing.

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                    Now that your frustration level is high...let me add another fact to the equation....irrigation farmers in Saskatchewan ...maybe Alberta as well, I don't know.....but in Saskatchewan they are subsidized higher than supply management...

See how wide of view I have ....its all coming from taxpayers...
                    Where my ducking check?!!

Comment

The small amount of these payments that accidentally trickles into the western provinces, is just collateral damage. This is first and foremost a transfer payment to Quebec. Look up the number of dairy farms/cattle in each province and it becomes clear.

Comment

And yet no farm group in saskatchewan will hire a supply management talking head or buy the pictures / videos from the SM folks....would be a great investment...maybe better than R&D...

Comment

Took 4 years

https://financialpost.com/commodities/agriculture/burnbrae-farms-egg-heiress-brushes-off-perception-of-conflict-as-new-chief-of-staff-to-agriculture-minister

Comment

Supply Management, well organized farm groups for many many years, Western Canadian farm groups organized chaos groups for many many years.

So why does this still come as a surprise to so many Agrivillers.

You all voted for Ritz Cracker, bye bye Western Canadian Ag support programs!!

Comment

Originally posted by foragefarmer View Post
                              Supply Management, well organized farm groups for many many years, Western Canadian farm groups organized chaos groups for many many years.

So why does this still come as a surprise to so many Agrivillers.

You all voted for Ritz Cracker, bye bye Western Canadian Ag support programs!!
                              Can't argue your comments....no farm group in saskatchewan will hire a dairy guy to get the ball rolling....

Tool Lewis, Norm Hall etc etc just like meetings and are told what to say....they promote what they are told and can not correlate announcements like this to what ordinary farmers need...

Unfortunately the prerequisite to being on a farm group is being a 4th or 5th generation farmer.....think about that for a while....you will start to understand why the majority is not represented at all...

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.