• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quads v side by side

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i agree on the dusty cabs, what a mess. for $30k, buy a another used pick up truck for less money.

Comment

honda rancher 420 cc quad , have had a new one every three years for about 12 years, manual shift , great service , use it every day in summer
      side x side just kinda gets used to haul shit around yard

Comment

has no one heard of a horse?

Comment

I am with Blaithin with quad. Quick on and off and like Case says the dust on a side by side is just crazy.
          I don’t haul fence posts and fencing equipment though.
          I have a box on the back of my quad for picking rocks.

Comment

Seriously considered a mini truck with quad tires for around the fences and running around the yard. Good sized box.
            Had an old sbs I bought well used and some newer quads.
            The old sbs yamaha was slugish and seemed like you had to push it to keep moving.
            Sold it to a guy that fixed it all up.
            Biggest advantage to the sbs is when you need 2 seats.

Comment

With stuffed hip quad easier to throw your leg over I reckon, but I ain’t never sat in a sbs.

One of my nick names when growing up was “no legs” so hitting knees may not be a issue.

Long body short legs some guys reckon I was deformed lol. Geez I used that lol thing

Comment

Have a neighbor who bought an old Toyota Tacoma from SGI salvage, a bit dented up but it's amazing the places he can go, plus heat and air conditioning.
                Still uses his quad and Toyota for moving cattle.

Comment

Originally posted by malleefarmer View Post
                  With stuffed hip quad easier to throw your leg over I reckon, but I ain’t never sat in a sbs.

One of my nick names when growing up was “no legs” so hitting knees may not be a issue.

Long body short legs some guys reckon I was deformed lol. Geez I used that lol thing
                  Might need a quad then. Maybe you can’t reach the pedals in the sbs!

Comment

no side x side much easier to get in and out of than throwing your leg over quad seat
                    when dad was getting pretty crippled up in his last few years he bought a kubota mule , workhorse only goes 30 mph , still have it also , mom uses it for gardening now

Comment

Originally posted by rumrocks View Post
                      Have a neighbor who bought an old Toyota Tacoma from SGI salvage, a bit dented up but it's amazing the places he can go, plus heat and air conditioning.
                      Still uses his quad and Toyota for moving cattle.
                      Some guys use those old GM trackers or Suzuki sidekicks, really not much bigger than a sbs but good for on the road also.

I prefer the agility of a quad but the old man in me gets sore hips with too much rough riding.

Comment

Had Quads for 15 years, very quick better for mud. SBS can haul, pull, and SUPER easy to get into. Great seats, car like steering and a differential not to tear up yard/grass. Just love the 800XT BRP Defender. $19000, 650 quad about $14000. Try one, can't live/without it now.

Click image for larger version

Name:	001.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	97.3 KB
ID:	770461

Click image for larger version

Name:	10.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	96.4 KB
ID:	770462
                        Last edited by fjlip; Nov 28, 2020, 19:38.

Comment

We have a JD GATOR.
                          In and out like a golf cart.
                          Put a 1000 kms a yr ..
                          Love it.
                          Always wear a helmet when going down the road.

Comment

SXS all the way. One thing I didn't see mentioned was safety. If you are going to war with cattle on your SXS then put on your seatbelt. That makes you pretty safe. Can't do that with the quad. I know of a lot of people hurt or killed in quad and side by side without seatbelt accidents. Mostly while herding cattle. Our Can Am SXS has a governor that limits speed to 20 km with the seatbelt unbuckled. If the operator is good with 20 km by all means leave the belt off. But if more speed is needed buckle up. Doing up the seat belt behind the operator is NOT considered acceptable around here.

As far as working cattle goes I will get as much or more done on the SXS as somebody on a quad. With 4 wheel drive and 1000 cc's it outruns and out stops everything. To me stopping is more important than
                            turning radius. Also the ability to shift to reverse quickly is essential when working cattle. Lots of times being able to quickly back a foot or 2 will keep the critter moving forward instead of trying to cut behind you.

Comment

Friend has a Cf moto sbs, mallee type of guy struggles to get in it, he rolled it in the yard day he bought it so i think all sbs are not equal.

Comment

Sounds like your built for rugby.

Are side by sides right hand drive in Australia?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...
                                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.