• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quads v side by side

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quads v side by side

Anyone run quads anymore?

I’ve gotta upgrade thinking of sbs.

But for getting stock in and they break away quads sure quicker.

But you can carry a few essentials on sbs.

My aged and ever growing body and stuffed hips finding it hard to get out of and in off pick up in a hurry a chore

Get a side by side. We have both but you are right for us mature farmers sbs is better.

Comment

I'm in the same boat. Time for a new quad or sbs. Quad probably better for chasing livestock like u mentioned. Probably less likely to get hung up in rough pastures too. Dad bought a sbs and it's great for working around the yard. U can carry so much more and use the box for a portable work table. Quite a price gap, can almost buy 2 quads for the price of a sbs.

Comment

I have wore out 2 quads. I put alot of miles on them with rough pastures.Went to aside by side a year ago.Thought it would be big and awkward in pastures but way better than a quad as far as stability and much better with the box.grandkids love driving it.power steering for sure.Would never go back to a quad again .

Comment

Ground clearance better on sbs?

Ain’t checked any specs yet.

All water cooled one would presume?

Kawasaki Honda yam the big three in no specific order.

Also more powerful sbs doesn’t equate to road speed I guess

Wife’s comment was if working in heat you can have water on back with me in cooler, lots of plusses

Comment

Quads.

Quicker. More maneuvering. Less concerned about off-roading. Can get it in the back of the truck to take to pasture. Don’t have anything to hit my head on getting on and off.

Comment

We have a kubota sbs does 70 kph. Gas engine 4 whl drive and diff. lock. Reliable machine.

Comment

Side by Side > Quad......

Comment

Have both here and I’ll take the quad every time for chasing but my folks do better with the SxS. A quad will go through way more mud (probably not as much of a problem😉) and bush and run circles around anything chasing. The SxS is nice for checking fence, taking mineral out, and for passengers. Power steering is real nice. Not sure what you have for a stock trailer but our SxS fits in barely for height. Makes it easy to move them around and no tying down required.

They get more miles here than most people’s vehicles in town. Happy shopping.

Comment

If you have any dust there*** , sxs are the dustiest dirtiest thing around
                    When you get home it looks like you have been summerfallowing all day with the 830 case no cab and 14 deep tillage
                    We have both I take quad every time
                    Need a trailer for sxs also

Comment

Had quads before, (still do), but SXS is great. Get the work rather than sport model for bench seat,(seats 3 very comfortably unless three big dudes) and ease of entry and exit. Handy as all get out around the farm with dump box for carrying tools, picking rocks,hauling beer, etc. Bought Yamaha Viking but hear good things about Honda. Would look hard at Roxor if they are available in Australia Mallee.

Comment

Originally posted by woodland View Post
                        Have both here and I’ll take the quad every time for chasing but my folks do better with the SxS. A quad will go through way more mud (probably not as much of a problem😉) and bush and run circles around anything chasing. The SxS is nice for checking fence, taking mineral out, and for passengers. Power steering is real nice. Not sure what you have for a stock trailer but our SxS fits in barely for height. Makes it easy to move them around and no tying down required.

They get more miles here than most people’s vehicles in town. Happy shopping.
                        have both here. quad better for chasing and herding, side by side for fencing . yard work, field checking. quad will go through more muck, side by side is nicer to use when weathershitty.

Comment

We have quads mostly because of leg room. I use my quad for crop checking. I am on a highway and so the ability to leave while riding is limited. I can put my quad in the back of my truck. If I need to haul things around the yard, I just use my truck. Less banged knees.

Comment

We have both quads and side by sides.

Quads are good all around.

Sides are for couple going for a drive.

Old Deere side.b Y side still runs

New Artic cat needs a motor on warranty some problem with 50 hrs

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-11-28 at 6.12.11 PM.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	20.4 KB
ID:	770460
                              there is also a onexside, single seat model, that you don't hafta throw your leg over seat
                              probably fit in half ton box , still dusty though
                              Last edited by caseih; Nov 28, 2020, 18:22.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.