• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Status of Keystone XL?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please vote responsively. or responsibly? Half of US and 60% of Canadians are irresponsible and like being on the Gov TIT! Swallow any bullsh*t left dumps in their ears. Fear and repeating lies really do work.

Comment

Originally posted by fjlip View Post
      Please vote responsively. or responsibly? Half of US and 60% of Canadians are irresponsible and like being on the Gov TIT! Swallow any bullsh*t left dumps in their ears. Fear and repeating lies really do work.
      Fixed it, maybe that will trigger a recount in the next election.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
        Well Enbridge L5 could be the next target which supplies Sarnia feedstock and gasoline for Ontario and Quebec and jet fuel for Toronto. Michigan gets lots of supply from it as well.

Eastern canada would have to bring products in from offshore in the maritimes which we could tanker there through transmountain via Panama. No wonder Alberta was adamant about getting at least that pipeline built. Opens up a lot of flexibility.

No new pipelines will ever be built again but trying to shut down existing ones is a new game from the left.
        I know Line 5 shutting down would be bad for the west also and for refinery workers out east but boy it might be the wakeup call that is needed for Ontario and Quebec. Did hear an expert say today that because it goes through a couple other states besides Michigan that its Governor wouldnt be able to stop it by herself, becomes a federal issue.

Comment

Biden has every right to shut down Keystone, I don’t really agree with him signing a executive order, should of been put thru the house and senate but at the same time he should be made to pick up all costs associated with shutting it down. We will see what happens, but at the very least if the US won’t pick up the tab numb nuts should provide compensation for the project, someone is liable.

Comment

Xiden just getting warmed up.

This is just a precurser to banning fracking and maybe banning drilling. Our PM ***uts is watching intently.

https://www.waff.com/2021/01/21/biden-suspends-oil-gas-leases-public-lands-days/ Biden halts oil and gas leases, permits on US land and water

By Associated Press | January 21, 2021 at 3:20 PM CST - Updated January 21 at 6:29 PM
            BILLINGS, Mont. (AP) — The Biden administration announced Thursday a 60-day suspension of new oil and gas leasing and drilling permits for U.S. lands and waters as officials moved quickly to reverse Trump administration policies on energy and the environment.

The suspension, part of a broad review of programs at the Department of Interior, went into effect immediately under an order signed Wednesday by Acting Interior Secretary Scott de la Vega. It follows Democratic President Joe Biden’s campaign pledge to halt new drilling on federal lands and end the leasing of publicly owned energy reserves as part of his plan to address climate change.
            Last edited by jazz; Jan 21, 2021, 19:26.

Comment

I suppose the pipe line could be completed then we could sell them water, that should be Green enough!

Comment

I wonder why the taps are not being closed on the existing pipeline until someone like Biden understands the value of a North American energy industry....

One thing is for sure this will raise the price of fuel in canada even though there is an obvious oversupply domestically when you are talking about close to a million barrels a day that pipeline was to move...

So where is that oil going? and why isn't Canadians getting a cut in fuel prices?

What is the current discount of WCS and heavy oil now?

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                  I wonder why the taps are not being closed on the existing pipeline until someone like Biden understands the value of a North American energy industry....

One thing is for sure this will raise the price of fuel in canada even though there is an obvious oversupply domestically when you are talking about close to a million barrels a day that pipeline was to move...

So where is that oil going? and why isn't Canadians getting a cut in fuel prices?

What is the current discount of WCS and heavy oil now?
                  He going “green deal man “ , he is terrified to oppose the squads demands .
                  He is forcefully invested in the green energy industry, so will be adventurous to watch this play out as he goes in complete opposite direction of Trump, good or bad .

We will never get a cut in fuel prices again , it’s a new world .
                  I am in , I bought an electric ice auger 👍
                  Works good ...... as long as it’s charged and I don’t leave it out in the cold very long .............. like any battery 🔋

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                    He is forcefully invested in the green energy industry, so will be adventurous to watch this play out as he goes in complete opposite direction of Trump, good or bad .

Works good ...... as long as it’s charged and I don’t leave it out in the cold very long .............. like any battery 🔋
                    I too like my electric chainsaw for opening ice for the animals...much quieter ...and no issues with gas line deterioration ....

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
                      Well Enbridge L5 could be the next target which supplies Sarnia feedstock and gasoline for Ontario and Quebec and jet fuel for Toronto. Michigan gets lots of supply from it as well.

Eastern canada would have to bring products in from offshore in the maritimes which we could tanker there through transmountain via Panama. No wonder Alberta was adamant about getting at least that pipeline built. Opens up a lot of flexibility.

No new pipelines will ever be built again but trying to shut down existing ones is a new game from the left.
                      "President Biden issued a blizzard of executive orders on his first day in office, including a diktat to revoke the permit for the Keystone XL pipeline. This is a slap at Canada, and it sends a message to investors that playing by U.S. rules provides no immunity from arbitrary political whim.

TC Energy (formerly TransCanada) has been stuck in the quicksand of American politics for more than a decade. A 2004 executive order requires the State Department to approve cross-border projects. In 2008 TC applied for a permit to transport up to 830,000 barrels of crude per day from the Alberta oil sands to U.S. refineries on the Gulf Coast.

The Obama State Department found five separate times that the pipeline would have no material impact on greenhouse gas emissions since crude would still be extracted. Shipping bitumen by rail or tanker would result in 28% to 42% higher CO2 emissions and more leaks. No matter. President Obama in 2015 rejected the permit as an oblation to the Paris Climate accords.

President Trump gave the right of way, but legal challenges by anti-fossil fuel groups marooned the pipeline and ran out the clock on the Trump years. Now Mr. Biden is yanking Keystone’s permit and rejoining the Paris agreement. Neither action will matter to the climate.

Since 2000 the U.S. has led the world in energy-related emissions reductions as natural gas from shale hydraulic fracturing has replaced coal in power production. China’s Paris commitment doesn’t require it to cut emissions for another decade. Russia’s are set to rise for years. Last November Russian oil giant Rosneft launched a massive exploration project in the Arctic. “Mineral resources will remain a competitive advantage of Russia’s economy, and will determine the place and role of the country in the world,” Russia’s strategic mineral plan says...."

https://www.wsj.com/articles/bidens-keystone-pipeline-kill-11611184519?mod=trending_now_pos4

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post

After all, it's not like you would ever need to use an ice auger in cold weather, or outdoors...

Comment

With Enbridge line 3 and the TMX in the works it isn't clear whether the Keystone was going to be a good investment in the long run considering that demand for oil sands oil is likely to decline significantly during the lifetime of the pipeline.

So why would Kenney invest 1.5 billion in Keystone during an election year when there was a good chance that Biden was going to get elected and kill the permit? What was the thinking behind this? That 1.5 billion could have been invested somewhere else to help create jobs instead of being wasted.

Comment

Originally posted by GDR View Post
                            I know Line 5 shutting down would be bad for the west also and for refinery workers out east but boy it might be the wakeup call that is needed for Ontario and Quebec. Did hear an expert say today that because it goes through a couple other states besides Michigan that its Governor wouldnt be able to stop it by herself, becomes a federal issue.
                            Personally I think it would give Ontario a taste of what losing a pipeline feels like. There are 4 refineries in Ontario that depend on Line 5. They would probably have to close putting many out of work. The price of gasoline, diesel, aviation fuel and propane would all rise. It would be good for Ontario to see what it feels like in Alberta imo.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
                              With Enbridge line 3 and the TMX in the works it isn't clear whether the Keystone was going to be a good investment in the long run considering that demand for oil sands oil is likely to decline significantly during the lifetime of the pipeline.
                              Based on what? 2 different scenarios, The frac'ig revolution continues unabated in the US, in which case the glut of light sweet crude will require increasing amounts of heavy oil sands oil for blending to keep the refineries functioning, since they were all designed/retrofitted to much heavier grades.
                              The other option, the looney left bans frac'ing, the US returns to being a significant importer and needs oil sands oil, since they are already set up to refine it. As you may have noticed, they have basically removed all troops from the middle east, importing oil from there is not currently part of the long term plan.

Comment

Most oil companies are currently looking at the higher cost and higher carbon emissions of oil sand production and investing in lower cost production areas and diversifying into other energy sources all together.

Most investors are asking, are the oil sands going to be competitive in a carbon constrained world?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...
                                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.