• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finally getting it ??

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally getting it ??

https://www.realagriculture.com/2021/01/rising-carbon-taxes-paid-by-railways-projected-to-cost-prairie-farmers-several-dollars-per-tonne/

Some of us have been warning of this for a long time , there is no opposition to stop it .
    We are at the bottom as farmers and will get stuck with the downloading of everyone else’s carbon tax .. this was 100% inevitable.
    hopefully something changes quickly

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	cnr.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	87.3 KB
ID:	770691.

Comment

Several Agriville Leftist/Marxist posters have been mocking us for “whining” about a carbon tax. This issue makes it clear who actually is a full time farmer.

Comment

Farmers are being vilified in the schools. On the weekend when I was driving out to the farm shop with my grandson, he says to me, “ You know who is the biggest poluter Grampa, it is farmers”. They are getting this crap at school and on TV. When did schools become political forums?

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
            Farmers are being vilified in the schools. On the weekend when I was driving out to the farm shop with my grandson, he says to me, “ You know who is the biggest poluter Grampa, it is farmers”. They are getting this crap at school and on TV. When did schools become political forums?
            Tell your grandson to say " prove that statement " its worth a trip to the principals office....

My kids were always coming home with stories of the biases of teachers.....then we would have a talk and tell them ...we will be glad to join in a discussion with the teacher or principal about the nonsense they are spewing....we had our kids backs for nonsense they had to endure from uninformed teachers...

Never got that call from the teacher or principal though...

Comment

I had a long discussion on the phone a couple of nights ago with a good friend who now farms up by Manning. We got discussing the carbon tax, electrification of vehicles and solar power. He had installed a ground mount solar system in 2019. I was talking about how I felt it was wrong that Canadian governments encourage and subsidize production infrastructure that is not made in Canada. He said I was wrong, when he was buying his solar panels he payed $10 more to get panels made in Canada, when they came they had a maple leaf sticker on them. So I said the only solar panel manufacturing plant I knew of was in London, Ontario and it is now permanently closed(Canadian Solar Solutions). So he said he was going to look into it because he didn’t believe me. So he phoned the company he bought the panels from and I was correct, while there are some components made in Canada, no solar panels are made in Canada. The ones he bought were made in China, the only Canadian part was the sticker lol.

The real agriculture article was an informative read and the additional costs of rail freight due to the increasing carbon tax are just the tip of the iceberg imo!!

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
                For at least 12 years. Our school was sending home worship Obama flyers with our kindergartener. It wasn’t the only reason, but it along with so much other crap going on in today’s schools, that we decided to homeschool our kids and avoid the sheeple indoctrination. Our kids know right from wrong, how to think for themselves.

Disclaimer. Not all schools are as bad as our only choice is. But ours is plain nasty.a rural, leftist nasty indoctrination facility, full of revised non history.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...
                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.