• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WTF??

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WTF??

This site has diminished greatly.
    Vitriol used to be reserved for cwb discussions.
    First climate change then Trump/Trudeau, then social reset.
    But Covid has brought out the worst so far. A clear testimony I believe to the change in human relationships with increasing social media usage. Many examples indicate to me that we are changing our ability to interact with other people because of our swipe right or left society.
    We should all look in the mirror for a while then go work on relationships with real people.

Yes we are loosing in relationships, I had a woman say the other day they dont need men anymore ,they have sperm banks and vibrators most of the women were in agreement. I guess we go the way of the horse and buggy,only a few stuck to those days.
    Replaced by a battery operated toy,kind of thought we was worth more.

Comment

I agree. Two comments. First with social media everywhere it is a toxic polarized environment. It is easy to write the vitriol, stir the pot and dismiss counter opinion. Not sure if we need to consider the opinions of the polar opposite before we form an opinion. But I do think I can say with certainty that it is highly likely that no one is exactly right. The future reality will be derived from parts of both sides of the debate. Maybe more one side than the other.

Second opinion is that we are all sick of the increased isolation that has come because of Covid. Only the most willingly self isolated hermits pre-pandemic are little affected. Anyways, I can say it isn't the same for me to chat on the phone with my aging mother, siblings or friends. Even the occasional across the desk/counter chats with suppliers, elevators etc doesn't take place and it is wearing on me.

Like the saying goes we all feel to various degrees "I have one nerve and you are getting on it".

I do have to say that lately I find it helps if I channel all my frustration to my dislike for the PM and can't wait for the next election. It's the thought that gets me through this forced isolation.

Comment

Originally posted by Horse View Post
        Yes we are loosing in relationships, I had a woman say the other day they dont need men anymore ,they have sperm banks and vibrators most of the women were in agreement. I guess we go the way of the horse and buggy,only a few stuck to those days.
        Lol

It’s true.

For centuries women have been reliant on men. These days we rarely are, especially to such a degree.

Men are no longer needed for many of women’s wishes. But relationships should not be so disproportionately based on the reliance and need of one party. Why does a woman need a man in order to have relationships with them?

Do men need to be needed and in control that much?

I don’t need a man. That doesn’t mean I don’t want a partner in life. I can live without one, I can choose to live with one.

Very similar to men really.

Maybe that’s part of the issue. People are angry that others choose to form relationships elsewhere. We are no longer held within our local area and our local communities. People can travel. People can access online communities. We have greater choice in who we form relationships with than ever. For better or worse.

Comment

This place has become sickening.
          I've contributed too, but I'm finding it hard stay, and do think I'm more of a moderate.
          I don't know if I've ever come across as many closed minded people in one place as here.

For fúck's sake people....bend a little, you won't break.

And what's with the incessant rabid need to prove somebody else wrong?

Take a pill already.

Comment

Cheer up farms. I had multiple chicken photo shoots the other day for new stock. Nobody’s really given me any place to post them yet!

Progress.

Comment

Originally posted by Horse View Post
              Hopefully you get to remain a sperm donor because you know what happens to males not suitable for the breeding herd.

Comment

The covid shit will have more fall out that just the deaths..
                Locked down or just stay at home is not good for us who usually don't go many places either.
                The ones who travel away for winter..hope you can handle this to.

Comment

Covid is the wave that exposed a lot of naked swimmers. And that group with no other option turned far left. Govt has to save me because I cant keep up my 9 yr range rover lease and I spent our savings on a trip to disney for the kids. 8 Million of those types in a country with only 17M workers. 50%.

Sorry blackpowder, we are not all in this together and I dont want to sacrifice my hard earned gains for someone who cant save 3 months of income or even tries.

And how do I reconcile these famous lines from the left; climate change, energy poverty, UN, no borders, unfettered immigration, sell out to China, 1% elitism, lost sovereignty, disdain for workers, 4th term abortions, free drugs, everything racist, colonialism, religion bad, white supremacy, etc.

Please tell me where the common ground is with that group?

Comment

Well now you know why we are here. Some of us are scared . Irrational fear of the old order being upset. Too much attention to conspiracy theories . We have nothing to fear but fear itself.
                    Last edited by agstar77; Nov 29, 2020, 17:08.

Comment

Interesting direction Horse and Blaithin. One of the areas my mind is often at.
                      My psychologist (part of my giving back is to freely admit I see one) suggests that many people my age ish went from junior high maturity level to adult responsibilities without learning how to start, build and work on relationships.
                      That with the impersonality of even texting and we seem to have a lot of single people who still react as if they're in junior high.
                      A review of my communications with single ladies over the last year confirm this. Being on the receiving end keeps me scratching my head.

Comment

I believe that the quality of debate on this site and everywhere on social media would improve if people had to post under their real names. I do and it stops me short when I read some really retarded opinion and feel the need to educate someone.........

Comment

Everyone , enjoy the “beaver moon”, she’s a dandy !

Comment

Anybody that knows me knows what my TSIPP means, I’m not hiding from anyone or anything.

Comment

I had to google beaver moon.
                              Kept reminding me of a certain position.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.