• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Machinery question off topic

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Machinery question off topic

Any of you guys use say sunny brook conclaves bison or the likes.

My old Claas 670 might need a refurbish and plenty of after market conclaves coming in to oz.

Some cheaper than original manufacturers some not.

Any one use em?

At least with original ya know there gonna slip straight in.

I use plenty of after market stuff elevator chains belts upper and lower sieves etc but concaves they’ve got to be better than original or waste of time.

PS quite like our ole Claas but threshing in dry conditions or super dry she can be a tempermental bitch

Comment

Just an observation. Two neighbors have sunnybrook concaves and in dry harder to thrash wheat they cant make a clean sample. Need to be able to blank the first few concaves.

Do you have to blank concaves now in order to get a clean sample? We went to precision concaves out of the states. They were fine in 2016 when we were in tougher conditions but the last three years has been a bitch because of dryer conditions. We are going back to factory.

Comment

Originally posted by LEP View Post
        Just an observation. Two neighbors have sunnybrook concaves and in dry harder to thrash wheat they cant make a clean sample. Need to be able to blank the first few concaves.

Do you have to blank concaves now in order to get a clean sample? We went to precision concaves out of the states. They were fine in 2016 when we were in tougher conditions but the last three years has been a bitch because of dryer conditions. We are going back to factory.
        Sometimes there is nothing a guy can do when grain gets burnt in like this year from hot dry conditions....I finally just said phuck it and lived with the white heads I couldn't get out of the sample after getting to the point of cracking the wheat....

They are taking dockage no matter what so if it gets to high there are ways to even it out....

Comment

Yeah plates used.

Heard varying reports about many after market concaves on coluers of combines.

Comment

We are using mad (flat plate) concaves in case combines
            They really work good
            Dont have to blank anything anymore not even for alfalfa seed
            Made in manitoba

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
              We are using mad (flat plate) concaves in case combines
              They really work good
              Dont have to blank anything anymore not even for alfalfa seed
              Made in manitoba
              Do MAD do concave for claas?

Comment

Originally posted by malleefarmer View Post
                Do MAD do concave for claas?
                Doesnt say on website
                I was gonna talk to murray today
                I can ask
                What model is it ?

Comment

Originally posted by malleefarmer View Post
                  Yeah plates used.

Heard varying reports about many after market concaves on coluers of combines.
                  Hi Mallee,
                  On our Deere S6-- machines we have all Sunnybrook. Nice design with replaceable modules if rock damage. In hard thrashing wheat we may put the back set of factory fine bar concaves back in to get rid of white caps and un-thrashed heads... without the use of filler plates. With the replaceable exchangable modules... you can make up any type of concave needed... as the frame stays the same with Sunnybrook. Cheers

Comment

We always used Sunny Brook now this time MADD.

Work nice.

Comment

Most guys sunnybtook their Lexions . Anything more than 3 years old anyway

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                        Doesnt say on website
                        I was gonna talk to murray today
                        I can ask
                        What model is it ?

670 old school walkers

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                        • Return to Topic List
                        Working...
                        X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                        You agree to our and by clicking I agree.