• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Internet fun....

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Internet fun....

I am trying to get back into restoring an old car I started 30 years ago. I posted an ad for certain parts for the car through an old car club I belong to specific to my make of car.

I got a reply and the "language" and grammar seemed off from the beginning. I suspected something was up. There have been numerous email exchanges and we are at the point he provided me with his banking information to transfer funds to. He sent a picture(just picked one off the internet, my kid found the stock photo) of a car he was wrecking for parts, I said WOW that is too good to part out...now I am waiting for pictures of the other side and rear of this stock photo off the internet...lol. I told him no money until I see the other pics.

This is getting fun.

His bank info numbers... transit#, branch#, etc, has the bank location in New Jersey....but doesn't mean he's in New Jersey. Once the money is there it is probably quickly transferred out somewhere else.

I would really like to get the RCMP involved in this internet fraud scheme, set him up, but it is international and they have better things to do.

In the meantime, I will keep reeling him in and letting some line back out....wear him out until he get's tired of me.
    Last edited by farmaholic; Nov 5, 2018, 11:52.

https://www.419eater.com/ 419eater.com Just in case you run out of ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
      I am trying to get back into restoring an old car I started 30 years ago. I posted an ad for certain parts for the car through an old car club I belong to specific to my make of car.

I got a reply and the "language" and grammar seemed off from the beginning. I suspected something was up. There have been numerous email exchanges and we are at the point he provided me with his banking information to transfer funds to. He sent a picture(just picked one off the internet, my kid found the stock photo) of a car he was wrecking for parts, I said WOW that is too good to part out...now I am waiting for pictures of the other side and rear of this stock photo off the internet...lol. I told him no money until I see the other pics.

This is getting fun.

His bank info numbers... transit#, branch#, etc, has the bank location in New Jersey....but doesn't mean he's in New Jersey. Once the money is there it is probably quickly transferred out somewhere else.

I would really like to get the RCMP involved in this internet fraud scheme, set him up, but it is international and they have better things to do.

In the meantime, I will keep reeling him in and letting some line back out....wear him out until he get's tired of me.
      Have fun fishing Farma! You will have the last laugh. What vintage of car are you restoring? I am most interested in the 60’s and early 70’s muscle cars. No specific brand but do have an old mustang.

Comment

AC man 1937 McLaughlin Buick Coupe(Canadian version)....."supposed" to look like this:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Coupe.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	38.8 KB
ID:	766871

Comment

Good luck on your restoration,hopefully you can find all the parts that you need.Restoring a vintage car can be a really rewarding hobby.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post

I got a reply and the "language" and grammar seemed off from the beginning.
            SF3 having some holiday fun? lol.

Comment

That was a good one Grass but off to Calgary First then south.

Sounds like a Carbon Tax Rebate Scheme.

Comment

I'm beginning to notice a pattern with grass as well.

Comment

With all the Scamac posts selling that JD tractor its time to resurrect this thread.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...