• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

should sleep well farma

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

should sleep well farma

i can only count to 11 and i have to drop my pants to do that
    Click image for larger version

Name:	45367041_564129960674753_3691849356727549952_ncounting.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	26.8 KB
ID:	778216Click image for larger version

Name:	45398299_1860259017403246_5003127271905558528_nsheep2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	28.1 KB
ID:	778217

Well then Mallee.... Then you will only get to ten and a half sheep! And don't change the subject to inches because I'll point out Australia uses the metric system and ten and a half centimeters is nothing to brag about either.

Sleep tight...

I guess this reply displays my level of maturity.

Comment

guess you had the show over there inch high private eye..........

anyway anyone wanting to know 6 month old lambs coming in for first shearing.

tried unsuccessfully to count exactly 700

Comment

With all due respect mallee does a sheep farmer of your scale ever know exactly how many are out there. Alot!

Shearing time seems like a lot of work. Back breaking work. Is sheering really only a young man's gig. Stooped over so much must take it's toll on the lower back.

Any unruly sheep or do they simply accept their fate. Do they fight the process?

When I was young and worked in the stock yards, I remember that "range" calves that were born on grass and hardly ever saw humans were nuts wild in comparison to ones that were handled more. Are the sheep that way the first time they're sheared?
        Last edited by farmaholic; Nov 4, 2018, 06:44.

Comment

Originally posted by malleefarmer View Post
          i can only count to 11 and i have to drop my pants to do that
          Bet the sheep in Australia are tired of that old excuse lol.

Comment

Hey farma im small scale mate.

But building up. 1 farmer can or should be able to look after 4000 ewes plus repalcement meaning hoggetts 1.5 yr old and lambs so basicall around 10,000. Ive got 1500 ewes plus replacements and lambs.

Shearing farmers wear a back aid or a sling.

Nah sheep just sit there depends on skill of shearer to hold them in corect way.

Plenty of 60 yr old shearers weve ha dplenty at 65.

Insatiable demand for lamb and hoggett to be honest id rather eat beef

And good morning grass lol.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...
            X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
            You agree to our and by clicking I agree.