• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sask Party hates farmers!! Raises land rents 45%

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Lep you opened your mouth with insults so expect to get it back. If you don't like it don't be an ass to start with.

All the rent in the local area here vary from some 50 to I think in that 65 range for a high. I pay 65 on some but it's better land. This land is Assessed lower than mine. So?????

On top of that it's highly improper to one day say gee I can't balance the books so I want to charge you 45% more land rent. But we'll see this will be going to court not a doubt.

These are farm families we re talking about.

Anyone look at the gov charts for profitable crops to grow?

Are they charging 90% more for royalties for oil? Since 3 or 4 years ago?

Comment

Originally posted by the big wheel View Post
      Provincial land rents according to the neighbor are going up an additional 45% on top of the already 30% that went up last year. This will mean land rents on crown land for farmers will be double the private land rent amount according to my neighbor???

Ask Alana what was her part in this since she was in the ag department.
      Actually I haven't heard of any Sask Lands Branch land on 1 year renewals. So more BS.

Comment

So is he being charged $120? Don't make up BS. Tell the true story if you really know it.

Comment

It is probably more like he was at $40 and now they want $58.

Anyone I know that rents lands branch land has paid far below market rent forever. I think it is time they lose the subsidy.

Comment

That's why it's going to court it's not a 1 year renewal!!!!

Comment

Ok. So what is the rent going to?

Comment

Reminds me of the time a guy had vt'd his land back to FCC and was renting it back. It had been a long drawn out process and as a carrot to settle FCC offered him a preferential rent. Most times they settled for $25 and acre and for him it was $15. So when it came time to renew they had increased everyone up to $30 and he received a notice that his was also going to $30. He cried all over town because theirs was going up 20% and his was doubling.

True story. Unlike the BS being slung on this post.

Comment

really some were paying piss all bragging about it and now pay what normal rents are. Still cheaper than the 80 a acre.

Some NDPs that had the original land bank land got spanked.

Finally.

Comment

Obviously on the payroll aren't you?

When it goes to court if I know when and where I ll let you know you can go see for yourself.

It's my neighbors business but he s already contacted others in the same boat. We ll see how it plays out. Likely read about it.

Yes FCC did a lot of other things too like turned small farmers down for loans then gave the pike types loans then when shit hit the fan for paying the 140 rent type comparable loans of those days. They wrote it all off for pennies so the idiots that were fools were rewarded.

Comment

Originally posted by the big wheel View Post
                      Obviously on the payroll aren't you?

Nope. I farm for a living. Just more BS your slinging.

When it goes to court if I know when and where I ll let you know you can go see for yourself.

I doubt this is going to happen before seeding, so your neighbor has a decision to make.

It's my neighbors business but he s already contacted others in the same boat. We ll see how it plays out. Likely read about it.

Yes it is your neighbors business, but if you aren't going to lay out the facts don't go online and whine about it.

Yes FCC did a lot of other things too like turned small farmers down for loans then gave the pike types loans then when shit hit the fan for paying the 140 rent type comparable loans of those days. They wrote it all off for pennies so the idiots that were fools were rewarded.
                      If you were turned down for a loan in the last 10 years from FCC you really didn't have a chance to succeed. They have supported Ag like no other lender has.
                      Last edited by LEP; Dec 7, 2017, 23:24.

Comment

Ya they did give one earth and broad ass as well as many foreign owners loans you're right!!!

Comment

all I know is that you had to be a loud NDP to get any land bank land around here and it was rented far below the market for far to long around these parts

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER3 View Post
                            really some were paying piss all bragging about it and now pay what normal rents are. Still cheaper than the 80 a acre.

Some NDPs that had the original land bank land got spanked.

Finally.
                            I have been singing that song for many yrs now and there wasn't an NDer in the province,alta that is, here in Alta we rent out crown land for 3.5 mill and renters get use of said land plus close to 100 mill in resource revenue. Lets see you turn that into an ND problem, I understand they are increasing rent double not sure on cultivated land but that puts grazing fees up to $3.60/ month, how many of you get pasture for that kind of money.
                            Speaking of money why is all of you afraid to put dollar numbers on your posts, afraid of someone finding out you have a goldmine or what.

Comment

Originally posted by Horse View Post
                              I have been singing that song for many yrs now and there wasn't an NDer in the province,alta that is, here in Alta we rent out crown land for 3.5 mill and renters get use of said land plus close to 100 mill in resource revenue. Lets see you turn that into an ND problem, I understand they are increasing rent double not sure on cultivated land but that puts grazing fees up to $3.60/ month, how many of you get pasture for that kind of money.
                              Speaking of money why is all of you afraid to put dollar numbers on your posts, afraid of someone finding out you have a goldmine or what.
                              Getting paid to graze sure helps making a profit in the cattle business. Know of a situation like that as well.

Comment

Originally posted by LEP View Post
                                If you were turned down for a loan in the last 10 years from FCC you really didn't have a chance to succeed. They have supported Ag like no other lender has.
                                Exactly, FCC will approve anyone with a chance....so if declined it's likely for the best.

FCC is offering a special program for crown land so you can phase in the principal over 5 years saving thousands for the purchaser.

Sounds like another Big Story from Big Wheel.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...