• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Leaky Steel Liquid fert tank

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leaky Steel Liquid fert tank

Have an older 25000gal metal fert tank I would like store starter phos in. Problem is the floor is rusty and leaks. Anyone have a fix or referral of someone? Thanks

Yikes....I don't know if that's a chance I'd be willing to take.

If there's one hole I bet there would be other leaks not far behind.

Comment

There are bladders that can be put in , also we were told there is a company that does fibreglass inserts .
      Sorry I have no further info on them . We were looking at a similar issue a few years ago.

Comment

When it's that far gone it's risky. Also chunks of rust going into distribution system not good

Comment

Good time to switch to granular

Comment

Tweety. If I had to go back to all dry, I'd retire.

Comment

Originally posted by tweety View Post
              Good time to switch to granular
              Tore the the meter housing and crap off the bottom of the fert tank on my 1900 Deere cart cause the urea ate the places I can't clean out. Lol. Aside from ammonia liquid and granular have great ability in ****ing anything that isn't stainless. The hills, lack of horsepower, and extra cost I'd never go liquid but guys who use it seem to like it. They exclusively farm level land around here. Aside from that if you have a leak in the tank best to check out the integrity of the tank. Lots of oilfield inspection companies probably looking for work could radiograph the tank to tell you where you're at. Cheaper than losing a tank of fertilizer. If it's fixable there's enough oilfield tank builders that could probably fix it for you. Are these tanks stainless or epoxy coated?
              Last edited by WiltonRanch; Oct 4, 2017, 15:51.

Comment

Where did the tank come from and why do you think it is leaking out the floor?
                Most tanks leak at the level of the product. Often near bottom from sitting near empty.

If the tank isn't to old (less than 10 yrs) you can have some cut off the bottom and slide a new floor under it .

Old fuel tanks have rotten bottoms because the water stays on the bottom ant the fuel floats on top.

10-34-0 leaves a rock hard layer when stored in new tanks. Some is made from spent acid from steel mills where the use Phos-acid to give new steel that dirty black coating.

Comment

Its was bought at auction a few years back, its painted regular steel. We set it up on a concrete base and stuck a super b of fert in. Wet patch comimg from undeneath developed nothing wet on the side walls. Emptied her and here we are.
                  Last edited by biglentil; Oct 4, 2017, 20:25.

Comment

To me it seems the plastic tanks are best and lower price.
                    Next fibreglass ?
                    Then stainless?

It looks like fewer fibreglass tanks now, now sure if they are too expensive or they fail and leak?

Comment

Don't be so F#$King Tight. BTO get stainless steel. You'll really look like a BTO to your neighbours.

F#$K we just had a ammonia tank inspected and had it X-rayed and painted for 2000. Yea i couldn't paint it. had to be done by someone else.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER3 View Post
                        Don't be so F#$King Tight. BTO get stainless steel. You'll really look like a BTO to your neighbours.

F#$K we just had a ammonia tank inspected and had it X-rayed and painted for 2000. Yea i couldn't paint it. had to be done by someone else.
                        I have a 450 ton stainless novid for 28/sulpher. This tank is perfect size for my starter phos needs. I also do granular MESZ/potash. Ill try the oil field guys.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                        • Return to Topic List
                        Working...
                        X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                        You agree to our and by clicking I agree.