• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Inflation’s Collapse

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shtferbrains View Post
    Won't be Biden's problem.
    Actually sad they still keep him in there
    Should be elderly abuse , he is completely out of his element now .

Comment

I tend to agree with Errol regarding deflationary pressures. The difficulty of these prognostications lie in when these shifts happen and the lack of a universally accepted metric or benchmark.

My thesis and that of others is that this inflation is primarily driven by supply chain disruptions.

Once these begin to correct, we should experience a price reduction to coincide with the decrease in demand.

The rise in interest rates will reduce demand further, which will not occur in lock-step with the supply decreases.

Cracks in the natural gas and oil charts show, which, if confirmed, will reduce energy costs.

My fertilizer charts are showing signs of weakness that growers will enjoy if it plays out. There is hope...

My grain charts look prime for further downside.

Oilseeds also.

Oil and soybean oil track each other remarkably well, so if Oil moves lower......

What does that mean for soybeans?

Robotics will allow manufacturing will continue to move to secure, low energy-cost, regions, think North America.

Will that result in lower-cost goods?

Maybe.

Few understand inflation, with the common narrative of the causes and solutions too simplistic to be applicable.

Comment

Originally posted by wheatking16 View Post
        I tend to agree with Errol regarding deflationary pressures. The difficulty of these prognostications lie in when these shifts happen and the lack of a universally accepted metric or benchmark.

My thesis and that of others is that this inflation is primarily driven by supply chain disruptions.

Once these begin to correct, we should experience a price reduction to coincide with the decrease in demand.

The rise in interest rates will reduce demand further, which will not occur in lock-step with the supply decreases.

Cracks in the natural gas and oil charts show, which, if confirmed, will reduce energy costs.

My fertilizer charts are showing signs of weakness that growers will enjoy if it plays out. There is hope...

My grain charts look prime for further downside.

Oilseeds also.

Oil and soybean oil track each other remarkably well, so if Oil moves lower......

What does that mean for soybeans?

Robotics will allow manufacturing will continue to move to secure, low energy-cost, regions, think North America.

Maybe.

Few understand inflation, with the common narrative of the causes and solutions too simplistic to be applicable.
        I agree Wheatking… unless Putin and Russia dive off the deep end into nuclear war… there is easily sufficient grain to supply demand for the upcoming year.

I doubt that there is more than a 5% probably of catastrophic war… and it is unlikely that more than a 15% probably of disruptive grain distribution disruptions…

Therefore with a broad global recession virtually assured 90%…. Localized energy shortages are partially being offset by currency realignments…

The ‘new green deal’ decarbonization agenda may have been partially delayed yet remains intact to a large degree…

AI and semiconductor agendas maintaining exponential growth of semiconductor distribution and integration remains unchallenged.

Humanity is in general on track for civilization to charge into the increasing dehumanization by decarbonization and depopulation objectives UN, WEF, and Asian philosophy are intent on pursuing.

It is Climate Week globally this week… happy decarbonization!

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by TOM4CWB View Post
          I agree Wheatking… unless Putin and Russia dive off the deep end into nuclear war… there is easily sufficient grain to supply demand for the upcoming year.

I doubt that there is more than a 5% probably of catastrophic war… and it is unlikely that more than a 15% probably of disruptive grain distribution disruptions…

Therefore with a broad global recession virtually assured 90%…. Localized energy shortages are partially being offset by currency realignments…

The ‘new green deal’ decarbonization agenda may have been partially delayed yet remains intact to a large degree…

AI and semiconductor agendas maintaining exponential growth of semiconductor distribution and integration remains unchallenged.

Humanity is in general on track for civilization to charge into the increasing dehumanization by decarbonization and depopulation objectives UN, WEF, and Asian philosophy are intent on pursuing.

It is Climate Week globally this week… happy decarbonization!

Cheers
          Wishful thinking the Davos crowd already announced Agenda 2030 was to be expedited.
          I recommend reading this recent wef article on a 'Carbon' approach in which they admit Covid 19 was test in compliance. Pay attention to the buzzwords 'sustainibility' 'inclusitivity' 'My Carbon' 'Stakeholders'.

"1. COVID-19 was the test of social responsibility – A huge number of unimaginable restrictions for public health were adopted by billions of citizens across the world. There were numerous examples globally of maintaining social distancing, wearing masks, mass vaccinations and acceptance of contact-tracing applications for public health, which demonstrated the core of individual social responsibility."

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20220923_154502.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	100.8 KB
ID:	773830

Comment

Originally posted by wheatking16 View Post

Maybe.
            But first we have to get from a to b.
            No doubt it is now cheaper (and will continue to be)to make a widget in North America using cheap North American energy, and automation.
            And it won't take very much labor to operate the manufacturing facilities once they are built. But the infrastructure does not exist at this point , it will take a lot of Labor and inputs and energy to repatriate all of these industries. All of which are already in short supply, especially the skilled labor. And that will be very inflationary for many years to come, before we can reap the benefits which will inevitably be deflationary.
            Unless of course we just completely crash the economy and credit markets by trying to fight the inevitable and absolutely necessary inflation which will accompany the reshoring of industries.

Comment

Sry got side tracked there. Inflation is the expansion of the money supply and a rising cpi is the symptom. The elephant in the room is the currency swap agreements being formed by the BRICS that 7 out 8 of the middle east oil producers have also signed onto. This is a massive geopolitical shift away from the petrodollar that has afforded the US fed the privilege to offload much of its inflation onto the rest of the world. No one nation could upend the mighty USD's reserve status, but when nations comprising over 50% of the world's population ditch the dollar they just might. Those dollars no longer needed in trade will come home to roost and as they do anything not bolted down will be up for grabs.
              Last edited by biglentil; Sep 25, 2022, 06:11.

Comment

Originally posted by biglentil View Post
                Sry got side tracked there. Inflation is the expansion of the money supply and a rising cpi is the symptom. The elephant in the room is the currency swap agreements being formed by the BRICS that 7 out 8 of the middle east oil producers have also signed onto. This is a massive geopolitical shift away from the petrodollar that has afforded the US to offload much of its inflation onto the rest of the world. No one nation could upend the mighty USD's reserve status, but when nations comprising over 50% of the world's population ditch the dollar they just might. Those dollars no longer needed in trade will come home to roost and as they do anything not bolted down will be up for grabs.
                Very few understand this
                Especially woke leftist leaders like Trudeau or his journalist deputy PM … as in zero clue
                Last edited by furrowtickler; Sep 23, 2022, 16:34.

Comment

CAD closes at 73.57, seems that might add to inflation for everything imported???

Grains shooting up = food going up???

Comment

Originally posted by beaverdam View Post
                    CAD closes at 73.57, seems that might add to inflation for everything imported???

Grains shooting up = food going up???
                    We are still down tremendously from June highs

Comment

Comment

and every single thing we need to buy is up tremendously

I don’t give a hoot if Zuterberg just lost 71 billion, could give a ***
                        But where do we , the common people stand ???l
                        Where will your kids / and grandchildren be when , guess why not one penguin 🐧 will be saved but your grandchildren eat Buggs FFS. Holy *** I can’t believe this garbage
                        Last edited by furrowtickler; Sep 24, 2022, 00:28.

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                          Got 20 % more for my yearlings off the grass than a year ago I'm thinking weak CAD had something to do with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Cowzilla View Post
                            Got 20 % more for my yearlings off the grass than a year ago I'm thinking weak CAD had something to do with it.
                            Told ya all to short the loon a year ago.

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                              Meanwhile in North America we have a two ring circus 🤡 lead by a drama teacher , a journalist here in Canada , and an 80 year old with dementia that has no clue wether to shit or go blind all focused on climate change and woke agendas
                              You said it all Furrow. We are doomed until the “Great Right Recovery”.

Comment

GBP Futures halted.

Pound Flash Crashes 500 pips To Record Low Amid Global FX Carnage As Things Start Breaking | ZeroHedge

If this can happen to the British Pound, it can happen to any currency.

Errol do you think deflation is their concern in the UK?
                                Last edited by biglentil; Sep 26, 2022, 07:04.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...