• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wiseguy
    Especially if you got a lot of kochia on the headlands like furrow does out here !

Nice pics of the yellow Fellas but that doesn't show where the planter never comes up !
    Lol and where would that be with the planter ??
    That Kochia land for sale , buy it with all your money, kochia in every field with saline areas way out there .

It’s 100x better shape now than when we took it over , the fellas that had it before were a train wreck
    Last edited by furrowtickler; Sep 22, 2022, 23:11.

Comment

Originally posted by wiseguy
      Sf3 reports the canola in his area gonna average 54 maybe even after the heat took some yield
      Much the same as west and NW of here .
      Some guys got lucky
      We were on edge here , some decent, some just ok depending on rains . More consistent the more west and north west you go
      That’s the rain lottery I guess, dryness did take yield in areas for sure here and east

Comment

Hey, wise guy when your goal is 100 wheat and it goes 50 to 80 it didn't hit your goal it's a nice big crop but no super crop. I'm not complaining about wheat yields like this but it's a goal.

If your goal is 40 then it's a super crop doing 50.

Each farm has different goals mine has been to get wheat to 100 on a yearly basis it's a goal before I die someday. It's a goal.

Same with Canola it's a goal. Our farm has been growing ****seed since the 70s so a high yield is also a goal.

To some 35 is a bumper.

Rain makes grain at the right time but gets 3 inches every week and you have a disaster or get nothing all summer you have nothing. We live on 6 inches of dirt and count on rain to make grain.

It's really simple to see.

See I don't come home every spring to try to do the same thing over and over I try to get the best out of our farm and have fun doing it. Some years it works some it doesn't.

Have a great day all we got a 1/4 inch so its play with the new MAndako today.

Comment

Oh, one more thing wise I said our average for the area is 54 I never said what our crops will do and that's none of your business but I will be flying first class this winter, not coach.

Comment

The legend has spoken

Comment

Thankful and blessed to have had a well above monster crop. 😂

Finished Wed night then went and finished up some bottoms yesterday morning before the rain came.

Got 4.5 tenths. Just need 3.5 inches more.

Let the fall work begin.

Inputs going up 10-20%, better get the shelves stocked.

Comment

We finished last Sunday. It was 19 days from start to finish. I can’t say I have ever been that fortunate before.

Lots of canola yet to be harvested in my area, most of what is left is standing.
                As far as yields go, there is certainly a consistent trend developing. Looks like roughly 25% have a 3 in front, 65%% have a 4 in front and 10% have a 5 in front. Certainly less than most had hoped for back in June when the rains started. Around here there has been little rain since about July 20 and that is why yields fizzled.

Comment

Originally posted by Hamloc View Post
                  We finished last Sunday. It was 19 days from start to finish. I can’t say I have ever been that fortunate before.

Lots of canola yet to be harvested in my area, most of what is left is standing.
                  As far as yields go, there is certainly a consistent trend developing. Looks like roughly 25% have a 3 in front, 65%% have a 4 in front and 10% have a 5 in front. Certainly less than most had hoped for back in June when the rains started. Around here there has been little rain since about July 20 and that is why yields fizzled.
                  Sounds much the same as here east , here west percentages go up a lot . Good to see some have great crop , some areas needed it bad after the past few years.
                  Areas Mervin to Turtleford have had two great years in a row now with high prices . Very lucky small area for sure .

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
                    Oh, one more thing wise I said our average for the area is 54 I never said what our crops will do and that's none of your business but I will be flying first class this winter, not coach.
                    My crops were so big I bought my own plane. First class baby … all the champagne you can drink.

Comment

good for you on your purchase

1/4 inch and now mist we’re sitting

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
                        good for you on your purchase

1/4 inch and now mist we’re sitting
                        The “like” wasn’t because your sitting.

Only $15k month payment … cheap like borscht

It’s almost free and right off.

Comment

Glad I will be done shortly
                          Might get chilly 🥶 for me if I wait too much longer to go south
                          Might need a toque

Comment

I can only afford a jet, repowered with a X9 engine. Its free for some reason…..

Comment

Since it’s raining this one would do.

no x9s

maybe this one would work

Comment

Probably won't be going south too often this winter. My new squeeze isn't vaxxed. But she sure is hot. Have a nice flight boys I know what I'll be doing.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...
                                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.