• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much demand for malt?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How much demand for malt?

Both local plants working on 2nd 100 car trains.
    All most all bly graded malt.
    8 bucks..
    Over supply? Or will there be higher prices later..or dump it all now.
    Opinions?

Interested in opinions here.
    In my area I gave up planting it from oversupply creating not enough spread from feed.

Comment

Spring fd barley is $8 here. They would have to kiss my --- for me to grow malt again. I grew it for years until I got tired of the games. It is the last crop choice on this farm.

Comment

Originally posted by LEP View Post
        Spring fd barley is $8 here. They would have to kiss my --- for me to grow malt again. I grew it for years until I got tired of the games. It is the last crop choice on this farm.
        Here malt is 1.50 per bushel premium now..
        All was very dry so no issues with that.

Comment

yep , remember , barley was accepted , gone in the malt train , and when check came two weeks later, it was feed
          f k those f ckr=ers

Comment

with the showers today, we are working on creating more malt demand. every little bit helps. do your part people!!

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
              yep , remember , barley was accepted , gone in the malt train , and when check came two weeks later, it was feed
              f k those f ckr=ers
              It’s amazing how some farmers get puffy chests over getting “malt barley” , it’s kinda funny

Comment

Originally posted by Partners View Post
                Here malt is 1.50 per bushel premium now..
                All was very dry so no issues with that.
                Malt around Calgary $8.50, but feed price is $8. What value is uncontracted malt there?

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                  It’s amazing how some farmers get puffy chests over getting “malt barley” , it’s kinda funny
                  1.50 premium x 94 b/a..
                  Makes sense to me..

Comment

Originally posted by poorboy View Post
                    Malt around Calgary $8.50, but feed price is $8. What value is uncontracted malt there?
                    8 dollars ..

Comment

this doesn't answer your question but Australia home to me mighty fine wine wine reds in particular.

appears vine pulling about to happen.

two reasons less demand mostly spat with china

and the alcohol bad brigade demonising any one who has a few beers a week six pack at best here or winter a few reds but im deemed evil in 2022

ice users are less vilified and belittled. tis the way of the world

same thinking might reduce beer sales and demand
                      Last edited by Landdownunder; Sep 20, 2022, 09:41.

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                        Drinking malt barley has made me a little puffy through the years. But I hope you guys keep growing it hardly any grown around here any more.

Comment

Originally posted by Partners View Post
                          Both local plants working on 2nd 100 car trains.
                          All most all bly graded malt.
                          8 bucks..
                          Over supply? Or will there be higher prices later..or dump it all now.
                          Opinions?
                          I'm not sure either. Feed delivered to lethbridge in January/March is $8.80/bu but apparently trucking costs have climbed alot. Used to get it there for about $1/bu but I think it's closer to $1.5 from NE sask.
                          Malt has climbed about $1 from its lows but last year the high was made in November? Eastern Saskatchewan has good yields this year but not sure about the rest of the prairies. I've sold half of mine, sitting on the rest for now.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Cowzilla View Post
                            Drinking malt barley has made me a little puffy through the years. But I hope you guys keep growing it hardly any grown around here any more.
                            No barley here this year , get tired of that game

Comment

We put half the barley in this year as last year. I like growing and selling malt most years. For the last couple years at least, it was apparent that buyers don't want to pay much above feed price. I expect next year's barley planted for malt will drop again, until the buyers feel the need to see more supply. I wonder if there is a disconnect between the malt users and malt companies. It wouldn't surprise me to eventually see a return to a decent premium when the bins empty.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...