• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by caseih View Post
    [ATTACH]11075[/ATTACH]
    So ours is wrong BL ?
    Yep block on the bottom is Corn and Bean like the little arrow shows, causes more of a kicking action to move heavy cobs out, in small grains its more of a back and forth seiving action. Here is the weird part, you wont find any info on it in the manual, and if you ask a case tech they will tell you that it will destroy your shoe if you change to SG. I guess it would if the bolt on the top of the hanger strap wasnt also moved to the proper location for sg. Then look at any New Holland all in SG position. My losses were cut in half in canola by moving it to sg and I think makes the combine feel smoother.

You have to support the shoe with some wood blocks or rachet straps to make the change on both sides of the combine.
    Last edited by biglentil; Sep 19, 2022, 07:07.

Comment

Originally posted by Partners View Post

Daughter picking up the last swaths of canola..
      We are done harvest 22.
      Wonderful!

Comment

Fall weather forecast:

Blessings and Salutations

Comment

Finished up the wheat Saturday night and the last of the barley yesterday then took the headlands off of 6 quarters last night anticipating the rain were having now. Will spend the down time catching up on repairs and sleep. Having a tough time setting the combine in these dry conditions, this rain might make it easier to get a better sample.

Comment

Originally posted by wiseguy
            Going to be tuf collecting from scic when most others canola is going over 50 !
            Should be easy , their payout way down

Comment

Nothing done here for a week. Forecast looks dicey. Back to the normal grind.

Comment

Is anyone else having a hell of a time with canola straw not curing? It's been swathed for 20 days. When it's hot and dry out during the day it goes through no problems but any little bit of moisture/fog during the night and I'm not going until mid afternoon. Slow going this last week.

Comment

Originally posted by Rinker View Post
                  Is anyone else having a hell of a time with canola straw not curing? It's been swathed for 20 days. When it's hot and dry out during the day it goes through no problems but any little bit of moisture/fog during the night and I'm not going until mid afternoon. Slow going this last week.
                  Certain varieties yes , true pod shatter is worse

Comment

Originally posted by Rinker View Post
                    thats the way it was here last year
                    this year goes thru like shit through a goose , swathed or standing
                    L340 and P505
                    more straw in tank then normal and more loss

Comment

Only a RAIN cures/rots the straw. Yes Loss and dirty, heat blasted stems/pods.

At least swaths, standing I have no clue, won't be doing that ever.

Comment

"never" is a long time FJ !!! lol
                        you getter done ?
                        need a day for canola and a day for alfalfa here
                        we're just having a liberal type day here
                        not enough rain to do any good , enough to stop us

Comment

Rain Rain go away and bug someone else today.

We have been sitting since saturday nights showers.

Today not as bad as some big system south and north of us, we lucked out so far.

Comment

Thunderstorm while we loaded the last pot today didn,t have to worry about working in dust. I,m sure those yearlings enjoyed me getting soaked. 1.5 inches in the last 3 days made the allyway real nice to work in.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Cowzilla View Post
                              Thunderstorm while we loaded the last pot today didn,t have to worry about working in dust. I,m sure those yearlings enjoyed me getting soaked. 1.5 inches in the last 3 days made the allyway real nice to work in.
                              What are you shipping today? Grassers or calves?

Easier the get splashed up with manure if the cheque is worth waiting for.

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                                "never" is a long time FJ !!! lol
                                you getter done ?
                                need a day for canola and a day for alfalfa here
                                we're just having a liberal type day here
                                not enough rain to do any good , enough to stop us
                                Too small to afford another header. Love my MacDon. Majority still swath, cures evenly no spraying ... never green seed/hotspots/spoiled bins. Faster combining, earlier, in swath cure faster...these cool short humid days, I don't know

About 3 good days left, but days are SHORT...only 1/10 "so far
                                Last edited by fjlip; Sep 19, 2022, 19:08.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...