• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aeration Experts

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aeration Experts

Wheat still testing 16%, (Canola testing 20%..LOL)

Couple 20C deg days on tap this weekend - can I blow that down into the 14s this time of yr within a couple days.

Showers monday.

7 days maybe

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post

Couple 20C deg days on tap this weekend - can I blow that down into the 14s this time of yr within a couple days.

Showers monday.
      With or without propane?

Comment

Many factors to consider. Bin height, bin diameter, fan size, humidity etc. Couple days might be pushing it. If it goes in the bin warm your greatest gains are in the cool of the night.

Comment

Originally posted by foragefarmer View Post
          With or without propane?
          Without - using whatever mother nature provides for a few days.

Comment

Canola womt come out the bin if 20% moisture after a few days air or no air. Best dumped in the tree row.

Comment

Showers monday.
              No not a chance

Comment

Originally posted by biglentil View Post
                Canola womt come out the bin if 20% moisture after a few days air or no air. Best dumped in the tree row.
                Sorry meant the wheat. Canola is 2w away from even looking at.

Comment

16% is safe for now as long as you can cool it down to below 10 degrees than freeze it
                  later when winter hits. Once froze you would likely be dry when you haul out.

Comment

Sorry meant the wheat. Canola is 2w away from even looking at.
                    no it won't with wheat , not a chance

Comment

Originally posted by Sodbuster View Post
                      16% is safe for now as long as you can cool it down to below 10 degrees than freeze it
                      later when winter hits. Once froze you would likely be dry when you haul out.
                      This sounds like best option.

Comment

Originally posted by Oliver88 View Post
                        This sounds like best option.
                        Unfortunately we need the aeration bins for canola, so I cant tie one up keeping wheat at 10deg for another month.

Guess we let it stand for another week.

Comment

Unfortunately we need the aeration bins for canola, so I cant tie one up keeping wheat at 10deg for another month.

Guess we let it stand for another week.
                          If you have a couple weeks until canola could cool it down then move it to another bin before starting canola. 16 wheat is a blessing at my place most years.

Comment

Originally posted by blueversi View Post
                            If you have a couple weeks until canola could cool it down then move it to another bin before starting canola. 16 wheat is a blessing at my place most years.
                            Moisture is the phone call from a relative, heat is the relative standing at your door with two suitcases.

Comment

Keeping it cool all you can do.
                              Cheapest dollar I spent were gauges on the plenum after the fan. Calibrated to each fan. Shows airflow decrease as bin fills. An eye opener. If you have the space, don't fill them.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...