• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Putin feeling the heat... [on Ukraine] being slammed by India...

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Putin feeling the heat... [on Ukraine] being slammed by India...

Mikhail Svetlov/Getty ImagesIndian Prime Minister Narendra Modi bluntly told Russian President Vladimir Putin that he thinks Putin’s decision to wage war in Ukraine is a grave error.Modi, who was speaking with Putin in Uzbekistan on the sidelines of a summit of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization, said now is not the time for war, and lambasted him for continuing to conduct attacks against Ukrainians nearly seven months into the war, according to Reuters.Modi said this was not the first time h

"Putin’s Allies Are Now Slamming the War Right to His Face
    Shannon Vavra
    Fri, September 16, 2022, 9:39 AM

Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi bluntly told Russian President Vladimir Putin that he thinks Putin’s decision to wage war in Ukraine is a grave error.

Modi, who was speaking with Putin in Uzbekistan on the sidelines of a summit of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization, said now is not the time for war, and lambasted him for continuing to conduct attacks against Ukrainians nearly seven months into the war, according to Reuters.

Modi said this was not the first time he had expressed a distaste for Putin’s war. He said he has warned Putin he disapproved of the war over the phone on multiple occasions.

“Today's era is not one of war, and I’ve talked to you about this on the phone several times… in the coming days, how we move towards the path of peace—we will definitely have an opportunity to discuss this,” Modi said, according to a translation from the director of The India Project at the Brookings Institution, Tanvi Madan.

Modi cited concerns about food, fertilizer, fuel security, and supply issues. Putin acknowledged the prime minister’s concerns.

“I know about your position on the conflict in Ukraine, and I know about your concerns,” Putin said. “We want all of this to end as soon as possible.”

Russian President Vladimir Putin is feeling pressure from all sides to pull back from the war in Ukraine. The public rebuke from Modi comes just a day after Putin held a key face-to-face meeting with Chinese President Xi Jinping, during which Putin acknowledged publicly that Xi has “concerns” about the war in Ukraine.

Putin’s Plot to Charm China Is About to Go Full Blast

Putin’s meetings with Modi and Xi were the first face-to-face meetings he has held with either since he launched the war in Ukraine earlier this year, and mark a rare moment in which key geopolitical partners are throwing warning shots to Putin that they are no longer confident in him and his decisions."....

The public displays of mistrust could mark a key turning point in the war. India and China have both tended to abstain from publicly criticizing Russia since Putin launched the war. Both abstained from a vote on Russia at the United Nations that deplored Russia for the invasion.

Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi told Russian President Vladimir Putin on Friday that now was not the time for war, directly assailing the Kremlin chief in public over the nearly seven-month-long conflict in Ukraine. Locked in a confrontation with the West over the war, Putin has repeatedly said Russia is not isolated because it can look eastwards to major Asian powers such as China and India. But at a summit of the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO), concerns spilled out into the open.

"Reuters
    UPDATE 3-India's Modi assails Putin over Ukraine war
    Mukhammadsharif Mamatkulov
    Fri, September 16, 2022, 8:02 AM
    * Modi says now is not the time for war

* Xi cautions on foreign meddling

* The world has changed, Putin says

* Iran calls for SCO to work against U.S. (Recasts headline, adds Ukraine's position)

By Mukhammadsharif Mamatkulov

SAMARKAND, Uzbekistan, Sept 16 (Reuters) - Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi told Russian President Vladimir Putin on Friday that now was not the time for war, directly assailing the Kremlin chief in public over the nearly seven-month-long conflict in Ukraine.

Locked in a confrontation with the West over the war, Putin has repeatedly said Russia is not isolated because it can look eastwards to major Asian powers such as China and India.

But at a summit of the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO), concerns spilled out into the open.

"I know that today's era is not an era of war, and I have spoken to you on the phone about this," Modi told Putin at a televised meeting in the ancient Uzbek Silk Road city of Samarkand.

As Modi made the remark, Russia's paramount leader since 1999 pursed his lips, glanced at Modi and then looked down before touching the hair on the back of his head.

Putin told Modi that he understood the Indian leader had concerns about Ukraine, but that Moscow was doing everything it could to end the conflict.

"I know your position on the conflict in Ukraine, the concerns that you constantly express," Putin said. "We will do everything to stop this as soon as possible."

He said Ukraine had rejected negotiations. Ukraine has said it will fight until it drives all Russian troops from its land. Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskiy says he will never accept a "peace" that allows Russia to keep Ukrainian land.

The war in Ukraine, triggered when Putin ordered troops to invade on Feb. 24, has killed tens of thousands of soldiers, touched off the worst confrontation with the West since the Cold War and sent the global economy into an inflationary spiral.

India has become Russia's No. 2 oil buyer after China as others have cut purchases following the invasion.

Putin told Chinese President Xi Jinping on Thursday he understood that Xi had concerns about the situation in Ukraine but praised Beijing's leader for a "balanced" position on the conflict.

'COLOUR REVOLUTIONS'

Xi, on his first trip outside China since early 2020, did not mention the war in Ukraine in public.

The Chinese leader said the world had entered a new period of turmoil and that partners such as Putin and Central Asian leaders should prevent foreign powers from instigating "colour revolutions".

"The world has entered a new period of turbulent change, we must grasp the trend of the times, strengthen solidarity and cooperation, and promote the construction of a closer community of destiny with the Shanghai Cooperation Organization," Xi said.

"We should support each other's efforts to safeguard security and development interests, prevent external forces from staging colour revolutions, and jointly oppose interference in the internal affairs of other countries under any pretext."

Xi criticised "zero-sum games and bloc politics", a veiled reference to the United States which Beijing has criticised in the past for leaning on allies to counter China's spectacular rise to the status of a superpower in waiting.

Putin has repeatedly said that the United States is plotting so-called "colour revolutions" similar to those which swept established elites from power in places such as Ukraine.

The United States denies such claims and says they show the paranoid nature of Putin's Russia.

The conflict in eastern Ukraine began in 2014 after a pro-Russian president was toppled in the "Maidan" Revolution and Russia annexed Crimea, with Russian-backed separatists fighting Ukraine's armed forces.

China's stability-obsessed Communist Party, which is next month likely to give Xi a third leadership term and cement his place as the country's most powerful leader since Mao Zedong, has in the past warned against so called "colour revolutions".

Xi stayed away from a dinner attended by 11 heads of states in line with his delegation's COVID-19 policy, a source in the Uzbek government told Reuters on Friday. (Additional reporting by Shivam Patel, Yew Lun Tian, Ryan Woo and Parisa Hafezi; Writing by Olzhas Auyezov and Guy Faulconbridge; Editing by Catherine Evans, Mark Heinrich and Jonathan Oatis)"

It will be interesting how grain markets react... increased volatility as risk of war escalation ...

Putin looks like a spanked puppy dog... will he bite back hard... a very good question?...

Comment

Comment

Glad to see your on the right side of this issue. Thought you might be a follower of Tucker Carlson or Donald Trump.
        I guess your support for them is ancient history now. Congratulations.
        Has your new leader Pierre stated that he is opposed to the Russian agression. Or has he been quiet to keep the fringe crazys in the fold
        Last edited by sawfly1; Sep 16, 2022, 23:03.

Comment

Originally posted by sawfly1 View Post
          Glad to see your on the right side of this issue. Thought you might be a follower of Tucker Carlson or Donald Trump.
          Has your new leader Pierre stated that he is opposed to the Russian agression. Or has he been quiet to keep the fringe crazys in the fold
          I am a pacifist... you will not find me supporting war... no matter who it is.

BBC
          Ukraine war: Biden warns Putin not to use tactical nuclear weapons
          Alys Davies - BBC News
          Fri, September 16, 2022, 10:45 PM
          US President Joe Biden has warned Russia not to use chemical or tactical nuclear weapons in the war in Ukraine.

Speaking during an interview with CBS News, Mr Biden said such action would "change the face of war unlike anything since World War Two".

He would not say what response the US would make to the use of such weapons.

Russian President Vladimir Putin put the country's nuclear forces on "special" alert following its invasion of Ukraine in February.

He told defence chiefs it was because of "aggressive statements" by the West.

Nuclear weapons have existed for almost 80 years and many countries see them as a deterrent that continues to guarantee their national security.

Russia is estimated to have around 5,977 nuclear warheads, according to the Federation of American Scientists.

It, however, remains unlikely that it intends to use such weapons.

Tactical nuclear weapons are those which can be used at relatively short distances, as opposed to "strategic" nuclear weapons which can be launched over much longer distances and raise the spectre of all-out nuclear war.

Comparison of the estimated number of warheads held each of the nine nuclear-armed countries.
          Comparison of the estimated number of warheads held each of the nine nuclear-armed countries.
          In an interview with CBS' 60 Minutes correspondent Scott Pelley in the White House, President Biden was asked what he would say to President Putin if he was considering using weapons of mass destruction in Ukraine.

"Don't, don't, don't," was President Biden's response.

Mr Biden was then asked what the consequences would be for Mr Putin if such a line was crossed.

"You think I would tell you if I knew exactly what it would be? Of course, I'm not gonna tell you. It'll be consequential," Mr Biden responded.

"They'll become more of a pariah in the world than they ever have been. And depending on the extent of what they do will determine what response would occur."

Praying for Peace...

Comment

Yes war is maddness. Putin sending his own young men to die by the thousands. Little lone the Ukrainian casualties.
            That jock Macho mentality or some religious nut job killing for their god. How does it still exist?
            I was kinda hopeing the world was past that insanity.
            I guess some people have not evolved into humans yet.

Comment

They come on Agriville bitching and complaining about MSM and in the next breath claim to get their facts and news from Tucker the F ucker at FOX.

Or, they just cut and paste whatever B.S. they can find to justify Putin's genocide on Ukraine.

Then if all fails, they can fall back on Trump for their guidance.

Comment

Originally posted by foragefarmer View Post
                They come on Agriville bitching and complaining about MSM and in the next breath claim to get their facts and news from Tucker the F ucker at FOX.

Or, they just cut and paste whatever B.S. they can find to justify Putin's genocide on Ukraine.

Then if all fails, they can fall back on Trump for their guidance.
                I think I’m on the right side of the fence compared to you but I also think Tucker is a moron as much as the msm. Where does that leave me? I think Putin Erdogan Trudeau Castro and Xi are manipulative tyrants too. My politics transcends the left and right when it comes to good or crappy leaders. Putin gaslights and insults the intelligence of his people like Trudeau does here. We live in an age of crappy tyrants.

Comment

As for Toms pacifism. He voted for Harper. Harper in opposition was gung ho to join GW Bush war in Iraq. Remember !
                  Chrétien kept us out.
                  Tom thought he was fighting for farmers seed rights . Harper shafted him there too. And all of us .
                  You would think he would learn.
                  But nope Pierre is the new savoir.
                  He Has not proposed anything policy wise . Except he is not Trudeau.
                  Wow what a concept.
                  And yes wilton Trudeau is an ass.an arrogant one at that.
                  But at least medicare might be safe with Trudeau. But Pierre. Everything is for sale . Thats what conservatives do.

Comment

As for Toms pacifism. He voted for Harper. Harper in opposition was gung ho to join GW Bush war in Iraq. Remember !
                    Chrétien kept us out.
                    Tom thought he was fighting for farmers seed rights . Harper shafted him there too. And all of us .
                    Wow what a concept.
                    But at least medicare might be safe with Trudeau. But Pierre. Everything is for sale . Thats what conservatives do.
                    "Philippians 4:8, CSB: Finally brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable--if there is any moral excellence and if there is anything praiseworthy--dwell on these things."

I find your comments less than helpful...hope you finished your harvest... Praying for you...

Blessings

Comment

Originally posted by TOM4CWB View Post
                      "Philippians 4:8, CSB: Finally brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable--if there is any moral excellence and if there is anything praiseworthy--dwell on these things."

I find your comments less than helpful...hope you finished your harvest... Praying for you...

Blessings
                      The Russia propaganda machine has weaponized its citizens and glorifies war. Ukraine's second-in-command, Andriy Yermak, sees through it.

"In Russia, nearly a quarter of the population do not have sewage facilities, but missiles are seen as a priority.

In Russia, its leaders can weaponize almost one-quarter of the world’s natural gas reserves, but almost one-third of households cannot heat their homes.

In Russia, they love “greatness.” But this most nebulous of concepts is never measured by economic development, well-being or quality of life. The Russians measure it by fear.

Terror is a part of life in Russia. Paranoia is drummed into its citizens. This has tragic consequences for the outside world. Because Russians fear themselves and what they have become, they seek comfort from harassing others with their “power.”

In their view, the more people in the world that suffer at the hands of the Russian government, the mightier their state becomes.

In Russia, a death cult reigns supreme. In a country that claims to be a pillar of Christianity, children are taught from a young age that they may very well have to die to promote the glory of the state. Earlier this month, Vladimir Solovyov, a Kremlin propagandist, was filmed telling schoolchildren that “A Russian person is always ready to die. We never know when the Motherland will say: ‘You must!’”

Comment

Sawfly

My mission is not to change and save the world…

My purpose is to learn from what is going on in the world, learn from it… and become better, help my family through this time of difficultly… help them to better deal with this increasingly evil and deceived state…

I cannot change the sovereignty of God, or the purpose of this earth, or what has been planned to occur in these exciting times…

As the birth pains of a baby being born…increase… increase in intensity and duration… so we are told are the signs of our time… as the earth and humanity prepare the way for the new earth and age that is going to occur….

As the sun rises each morning… so the end of time and this age are designed to progress into a new age of Heaven and earth…

So cheer up Sawfly… God loves you and all of humanity… even though we don’t deserve the grace and mercy King Jesus the Engeneer of the Universe has shared with us in John 14: After King Jesus said he is going to prepare our Mansions us ; to receive us each individually…
                        Then Thomas said; Lord, we don’t know where you are going, how can we know the Way????

King Jesus said:

I AM the way, the Truth and the Life… no one comes to me Father but by me.

Blessings and Salutations

Peace and Wisdom… it is a joyous time of thanksgiving and learning!

We are in an amazing time!!!

Enjoy the blessings we have been given!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TOM4CWB View Post
                          Sawfly

My mission is not to change and save the world…

My purpose is to learn from what is going on in the world, learn from it… and become better, help my family through this time of difficultly… help them to better deal with this increasingly evil and deceived state…

I cannot change the sovereignty of God, or the purpose of this earth, or what has been planned to occur in these exciting times…

As the birth pains of a baby being born…increase… increase in intensity and duration… so we are told are the signs of our time… as the earth and humanity prepare the way for the new earth and age that is going to occur….

As the sun rises each morning… so the end of time and this age are designed to progress into a new age of Heaven and earth…

So cheer up Sawfly… God loves you and all of humanity… even though we don’t deserve the grace and mercy King Jesus the Engeneer of the Universe has shared with us in John 14: After King Jesus said he is going to prepare our Mansions us ; to receive us each individually…
                          Then Thomas said; Lord, we don’t know where you are going, how can we know the Way????

King Jesus said:

I AM the way, the Truth and the Life… no one comes to me Father but by me.

Blessings and Salutations

Peace and Wisdom… it is a joyous time of thanksgiving and learning!

We are in an amazing time!!!

Enjoy the blessings we have been given!!!

There is War in Heaven… obviously on earth no matter what the deceiver Putin says…

Rejoice!!!

Comment

Today’s word of Wisdom:

Commodity Marketing…

Farming…

Life…

Pride comes before Destruction.

Comment

Chrétien kept us out.
                              Wow what a concept.
                              Every election since the 70's the conservatives have been accused of planning the demise of medicare.That line is getting tired. Paul Martin did more harm to Medicare by cutting transfers by 25% than any politician of any stripe.
                              Last edited by LEP; Sep 18, 2022, 16:36.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.