• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m going to readjust canola to 18.98 mt from my earlier as canola yields look 60 plus and harvest not hitting those numbers. Dry areas some not over 9 bpa. It’s a recovery but no bumper. Heat in July aborted flowers.

WHEAT HAS FUZZ and Ergot problems and yields 40 and up not 60 and up.

Comment

Originally posted by Sodbuster View Post
      We had a short day yesterday, only managed 200 acres and at 8pm we were crawling at 1mph with all combined grunting time to quit. Cart auger decided to screw up yesterday also, flighting welds let loose from shaft so spent last night heating, cutting, a lot of sledge hammering and welding, but ready to put back in this morning. Looking like a small day today with the fog heavy this morning.
      We had that also happen to our cart, the upper auger had a rubber torsion damper that stripped out and under heavy wheat it would slip and backlog the grain. Im not sure what kind of cart you have but ours was a 2012 brent.

Comment

Our cart in a 1282 Brent, after getting it all,welded up again we spent hours trying to get the auger back into the tube. This auger has the 22” intake and then goes to 20”. we spent hours pounding with a sledgehammer to get it back down the tube. I was ready to throw in the towel but son in law finally got it pounded down after supper last night, so we’re back harvesting with a cart again. After not having a cart for 2 days you realize how productive it is.

The 9.9 has good capacity, probably about 10% more than the red 9230 that I drive. We’ve had it for 3 years now and I still haven’t driven it in the field yet. Well another short day last night, by 7:00 we were chewing wheat at 2 mph and all 3 machines were grunting. Hopefully we can get out there by noon today.

Comment

Our cart in a 1282 Brent, after getting it all,welded up again we spent hours trying to get the auger back into the tube. This auger has the 22” intake and then goes to 20”. we spent hours pounding with a sledgehammer to get it back down the tube. I was ready to throw in the towel but son in law finally got it pounded down after supper last night, so we’re back harvesting with a cart again. After not having a cart for 2 days you realize how productive it is.

The 9.9 has good capacity, probably about 10% more than the red 9230 that I drive. We’ve had it for 3 years now and I still haven’t driven it in the field yet. Well another short day last night, by 7:00 we were chewing wheat at 2 mph and all 3 machines were grunting. Hopefully we can get out there by noon today.
          Better check out this torsion, put one mark on the flighting and one on the coupler and use it a while and check to see if the marks are still lined up. If not the rubber is torn out in the coupler and it will put a ton of pressure on your lower flightings and gearbox.

Comment

Did anyone else get rain on Wed? We received an inch.

Comment

Originally posted by Goodtime View Post
              Did anyone else get rain on Wed? We received an inch.
              About half that, but it rained the whole day.

Comment

Tried today wheat it was between 18.9 to 16.5 so we took a day off. Finished spraying all fields are done.

Comment

Hey SF and sodbuster … ya might get a giggle outa this ….

Comment

Hahahahaha. I seen that it’s funny not same design.

Comment

Sure would be interesting to see a 10.9 run against the x9 in your big crop country in wheat and canola

Comment

Doesn’t the larger portion separate at the bottom with a big bolt? Other carts are that way

Comment

Originally posted by Richard5 View Post
                          Doesn’t the larger portion separate at the bottom with a big bolt? Other carts are that way
                          You might be right, sure would feel stupid if that’s the case. At least I wasn’t the one on the the sledgehammer.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
                            Hahahahaha. I seen that it’s funny not same design.
                            Guys who worship John Deere green always make me laugh, as soon as they spray the green paint on something they think it is special and different. New Holland was the first with twin rotors, certainly still the most affordable way to get two rotors imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Hamloc View Post
                              Guys who worship John Deere green always make me laugh, as soon as they spray the green paint on something they think it is special and different. New Holland was the first with twin rotors, certainly still the most affordable way to get two rotors imo.
                              From experience, JD's conventionals are the only way to go in forages.

They are built to handle tough conditions.

Comment

Originally posted by foragefarmer View Post
                                From experience, JD's conventionals are the only way to go in forages.

They are built to handle tough conditions.
                                if you are green here , you hasta keep a 9400 in the shed to do forages
                                the case, massey and NH all do it fine
                                but those 9400's were a good machine

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...
                                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.