• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mice control

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mice control

Seems like if a guy isnt always proactive on mice control they get out of hand fast.

Here is what I do:

1. Poison lots of it. Red blocks, green blocks, rattak all of it.
    2. Pail moustraps with green antifreeze and a spinning bottle covered in peanut butter.
    3. Newest thing im doing is an undercoating spray gun filled with straight peppermint oil @90psi, spray the firewall, under the cab, door jams, in the cab under the seats, under the dash down the air vents....also soak cotton balls in it and leave em under the seat.
    4. Ozone generator in vehicles that have had mice in the past, just leave it for 24hrs and smell is gone. Dont leave it for too long or rubber and upholstery will crumble in your fingers.
    5. Steel wool any spots they can get in.

Ive heard straight lime powder on the ground around equipment can keep mice away too. Any tips?
    Last edited by biglentil; Sep 3, 2022, 20:53.

Canola seed. Had a cut off 5 gal pail with couple scoops canola seed in it and must have had 20 dead mice in there this spring. Doesnt kill flea beatles but seems to do the trick on mice.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
      Canola seed. Had a cut off 5 gal pail with couple scoops canola seed in it and must have had 20 dead mice in there this spring. Doesnt kill flea beatles but seems to do the trick on mice.
      Lumiderm?

Comment

If your nosey dog should happen to snuffle up some of that mouse poison? A paste made with 1 tablespoon of salt down the throat will have them throwing it up within 1 minute.

Comment

Once infested, they won't leave a vehicle alone. We've tried it all.
          Our tool truck has a bare steel cab now. All the linings were so urine soaked you couldn't drive it.
          I do keep traps, poison u name it.
          Surefire permanent fix.
          Find a way to buy and release weasels.
          One weasel will eradicate every single mouse in a large yard site.

Comment

Regular trapline checked daily, traps in buildings and cabs. Gave up on poison didn’t seem work. Once a vehicle has been marked they keep returning in droves. Want cats but my wife keeps bringing them to the house.

Comment

Supposedly peppermint oil burns their nostrils and overpowers their scent trails. I hosed down some of the problem equipment a few weeks ago. So far so good.

Comment

yep calcium chloride or lime. make a 6 in wide strip around all equipment. make sure to drive the tires over the calcium powder. Burns there feet and they won't cross the strip. That and cats... they are a necessary evil

Comment

Cats, scouring our buildings but cat pissed in the boat. Darnit, what else?

Comment

We have lots of cats. And dogs. I have never had a mouse do anything more than die in the vehicle fan. Never in combine, never in tractors. I do know we often have weasels under old wooden buildings etc. Most farms no longer have old wooden building to house weasels any more I guess?

Comment

I heard SGI has oodles of mouse-infested RV’s that are condemned.

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
                        I heard SGI has oodles of mouse-infested RV’s that are condemned.
                        They do. A mouse turd and you can get her written off and upgrade to a new one. I’ve been looking at getting one and putting it up in our wild lands in the bush by the lake for the kids to stay in when they leave and come back to visit.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                        • Return to Topic List
                        Working...