• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pictures ….

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fjlip View Post

My father and grandfather owned one of the first 1947 models.

[ATTACH]10799[/ATTACH]
    Were any of those ol' gal equipped with straight cut headers, or are you too far north for standing crop to mature on their own,,, back then?

Perhaps the varieties then, wouldn't stay standing?

Cool pic though, was that a leap from thrashing machine to JD sp, or did your farm have other combine brands, before this JD?

Comment

Originally posted by beaverdam View Post
      Were any of those ol' gal equipped with straight cut headers, or are you too far north for standing crop to mature on their own,,, back then?

Perhaps the varieties then, wouldn't stay standing?

Cool pic though, was that a leap from thrashing machine to JD sp, or did your farm have other combine brands, before this JD?
      It actually had a straight header that the pickup attached to. Very little straight cut. Yes cold wet, was 90% swathed then, yes rank growth, low spots that stayed green.

That was their first combine, after threshing machines. Dad is 25 in that pic. Was used about 5 years, then McCormick 125 and 127, 2 403's and 2 815's. Not my idea of progress but I was just born then. JD came back to farm 24 years later, never left. Never got IH Axial flow, might have still been red.

Proud of the years before that picture. The family of 8 came in 1931, with few belongings to a CPR homestead quarter, 75% trees. Clearing by hand, using horses, log buildings. To be able to buy a BRAND new SP combine 16 years later is a heck of an accomplishment. Owned 3 quarters, were renting 4 more.

Dad turned 100 July 16.

Comment

Thanks for the stories and pictures fjlip. Please keep them coming.

Comment

Comment

First year trying garlic out. Seems to be a fair bit of interest in it, not sure if we’ll find a better spot to plant more in or not. Overwhelmed with scapes right now so started organizing my new outdoor canning set up. Can’t bear how hot it makes the house on these already hot days.

Supposed to taste like pickled dilly beans? For some reason I think they’ll be a little stronger. Need some brave taste testers!

Comment

Originally posted by Blaithin View Post
              First year trying garlic out. Seems to be a fair bit of interest in it, not sure if we’ll find a better spot to plant more in or not. Overwhelmed with scapes right now so started organizing my new outdoor canning set up. Can’t bear how hot it makes the house on these already hot days.

Supposed to taste like pickled dilly beans? For some reason I think they’ll be a little stronger. Need some brave taste testers!
              Nice I have a bunch of scapes in the fridge we plucked off not sure what to do with em.

Comment

Originally posted by biglentil View Post
                Nice I have a bunch of scapes in the fridge we plucked off not sure what to do with em.
                I’ve done pickles, pesto and hummus so far. May try and dehydrate some for a powder and chop some to mix up some compound garlic butter. The rest are going to get vacuum sealed and froze I think. Too hard to use them all fresh!

Comment

Originally posted by cropgrower View Post
                  [ATTACH]10784[/ATTACH]. anybody know a gropher could climb five feet straight up a 1/2 inch steel bar ? we watch this one doing it on and off !
                  I had a similar hook with a bird feeder hanging off it with sunflower seeds. A squirrel kept climbing up it and getting the seeds. So I greased the pole. I never laughed so hard - I wish I had a video! The squirrel would get so far and then slide down. He kept trying though! A for effort.
                  Last edited by littledoggie; Jul 30, 2022, 12:25. Reason: pole, not hangar

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by cropgrower View Post
                      Image not there.

Comment

dont know how to fix , was a vid of squirrel on bird feeder and dog underneat ! and the chase across the lawn ! kids comentry makes me laugh every time !

Comment

Comment

Bloomed for 26 days.
                            Needed a drink long ago..some blank pods..

Comment

Sunnies doing well ..

Comment

Done. Fields are 15-100% hailed out.

Poor garlic even took it on the chin.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...
                                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.