• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Side by sides

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hamloc View Post
    Furrow do you think there will be a yield drag with 15 inch spacing on cereal crops? I do think the new seedmaster would be a fantastic canola drill but do you think there is an advantage over the traditional 12 inch seedmaster?
    Just following up with that thought…

Today

Comment

12 in paired row

15 in single row , same seed rate

Comment

12 in paired row

15 single row

Population very dense in that single row as expected

Comment

The 15 in rows have nearly filled in now

Will be interesting at heading

Comment

Nexera 1030 RR , had moderate frost damage on May 31 , June 1 and June 3

Recovered very well after being sprayed for beetles along with Alpine F18

Comment

PV 591 right beside the Nexera 1030. Same fertility, seed rates both at 220,000 seed per ac planted 2 days early but had the same frosts .
              Was extremely slow to recover and had 30% more loss . Not impressed with this variety and or seed lot . Way to sluggish then prematurely bolted before we could get F18 on
              May turn out ok , but huge difference from the 1030

Comment

Horsch right , SM left

Comment

Horsch at 220,000 seeds / ac , 2.5 lbs/ac

Seed Master SR at 3.5blbs / ac

Both 45CS40 , same seed lot
                  Horsch has 4 gal / ac Alpine G22 in furrow
                  SM SR has dry phos in side band at 25 lbs / ac
                  Last edited by furrowtickler; Jun 26, 2022, 12:35.

Comment

Nice work Furrowtickler, thank you for sharing.

Comment

I grew soft white wheat with 16” centers and was very pleased with yields but never got around to do side by sides.I am curious to see results. The one benefit is having airflow in crop for a little longer.

Comment

Thank you for all of the posts. I don't know how you find the time to do all of these plots and all of these varieties plus all of the custom work and still have time left over to post the results for our benefit. Very much appreciated.

Question on the topic of flea Beetles and planters.
                        I just had to put a claim in for flea beetle damage. And one of the questions they ask is the seeding rate.

You have been spraying for flea beetles it sounds like. Have you ever received any feedback on your seeding rate, or been declined for coverage?
                        Last edited by AlbertaFarmer5; Jun 26, 2022, 20:53.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
                          Thank you for all of the posts. I don't know how you find the time to do all of these plots and all of these varieties plus all of the custom work and still have time left over to post the results for our benefit. Very much appreciated.

Question on the topic of flea Beetles and planters.
                          I just had to put a claim in for flea beetle damage. And one of the questions they ask is the seeding rate.

You have been spraying for flea beetles it sounds like. Have you ever received any feedback on your seeding rate, or been declined for coverage?
                          This is the first time we sprayed much for beetles in 5 years . Did a few fields last year after they froze as well … in early June . Sprayed less than half our acres this year , just the ones effected by frost the most .
                          It comes down to establishment, not seeding rate at the end of the day .
                          Never been questioned on seeding rate at all . It’s all about plants per square foot . The only comment this year was “really” , generally surprised at establishment for the seeding rate . But being on 15 in spacing helps that as Kanola can attest to . He was doing far longer than most
                          Last edited by furrowtickler; Jun 27, 2022, 06:10.

Comment

New clearfield wheat , CDC Pilar we put on clearfield canola stubble .. was worried about ares carryover

Sprayed with Pixxaro and generic horizon.
                            Last edited by furrowtickler; Jun 27, 2022, 10:02.

Comment

Originally posted by kANOLA View Post
                              I grew soft white wheat with 16” centers and was very pleased with yields but never got around to do side by sides.I am curious to see results. The one benefit is having airflow in crop for a little longer.
                              Was there any spread or paired row or just a narrow opener. Awesome to hear from you again. Not to sound like a fanboy here lol but I’ve heard lots of great things about your farming career. I’m always willing to learn.

Comment

It was narrow opener with all the groceries put to the side in liquid form.I would post pics but not sharp enough to so. I enjoy all the farm talk on this site and like to share my thoughts.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...
                                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.