• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Inflation’s Collapse

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why is there a war?
    - every one seems to ignor this

Same as every other war, oil or resources

- yes used to be part of USSR

- Putin wants to control Europe, extracting ( similar to major canola processors exporters) maxium margins plus 10% for Russia for oil and gas infrastructure and mining infrastructure and pipelines that lead to NATO European countries

The USA, Nato etc are letting Putin take Ukraine, so he will.
    At a minimum he will squeeze Ukraine economically- throw in all the corruption Europe will be held hostage

Unbelievable planes haven't flown over the tanks lines up on the road ways to drop a few bombs or launch a few missles ( seems a little Treaudo (skippy) esk)

Also read that ave Ukraine income 8 or 900 month, vs India at about 1,100. I would not have guessed that
    Last edited by Rareearth; Mar 2, 2022, 07:25.

Comment

That is precisely what I was thinking. When you see the pictures of these tanks nicely lined up barely crawling for 40 km, I’ve been wondering why the Ukrainians are sitting in Kyiv waiting for them and not attacking the tanks enroute. They said on the radio that a molotov cocktail can take out a tank. Planes with bombs could also destroy them. You would think that with the slow movement, the tanks are sitting ducks. I don’t know a thing about wartime maneuvers but just hoping the Uks can turn Putin around.

Comment

Ukraine also very corrupt

Putin buys off Ukraine prime minister, then re instates him? Or others?

Comment

Doesn't seem to be any shortage of people paying 30- 40 % more than 2 yrs ago for toys, trucks,cars ,houses and land. Only shortage of poor salesmen, rest getting very rich making fools part with the money.

Comment

Blew through the $100 oil that was considered a stretch.

Commodities all rocketing.

BOC up 1/4%. First increase since 2018.

Average Joe incomes/wages not much movement yet. That has to change.
            Can't keep living the same.

Government spent all the money and are killing our oil and gas exports.

How much less will you get per you buck?

Comment

Originally posted by Old Cowzilla View Post
              Doesn't seem to be any shortage of people paying 30- 40 % more than 2 yrs ago for toys, trucks,cars ,houses and land. Only shortage of poor salesmen, rest getting very rich making fools part with the money.
              Very true
              People are buying overinflated crap like never before , most on credit and loans meanwhile they won’t be able to afford mortgages, fuel or even food for the families shortly . Crazy world

Comment

Mass credit defaults may have-a-way of correcting inflationary pressures without any help from central bankers. Incoming real estate setback will be an awakening . . . .

Comment

Originally posted by errolanderson View Post
                  Mass credit defaults may have-a-way of correcting inflationary pressures without any help from central bankers. Incoming real estate setback will be an awakening . . . .
                  Real estate is a fairly broad term.
                  Are you forecasting this across all sectors, or just housing, just commercial/industrial? What about farmland?
                  Demand destruction aside, recent events are bullish commodities for more than a short term, I tended to think real estate will be a real case of The haves and have nots for the next few years.

Comment

Capital destruction in Russian equities this week is the most amazing market collapse I’ve seen in my career.

Comment

Recession is written all over these markets . . . .

Comment

Investors are now racing into the U.S. dollar as a safe-haven investment.

Gold prices have firmed this past month, but remain vulnerable to sudden, harsh sell-offs. The same can be said for cryptos.

Gold has proven it can’t hold any rallies very long. Maybe gold may take a run at $2,000, but $1,800 may be in-the-gunsight once again.

When push comes to shove, investors still tend to flock toward the USD in times of global uncertainty.

Comment

Comment

In my view, economies now entering a fast-moving stagflation period, then there is risk of a deflationary depression. History repeats itself . . . .

Comment

So Govt wants to raise interest rates , isnt this counter to what your thinking?

Will interest rates go negative?

Comment

Originally posted by Rareearth View Post
                                So Govt wants to raise interest rates , isnt this counter to what your thinking?

Will interest rates go negative?
                                Central bankers are lost. There is no more manipulation that can resuscitate the economy. And then U.S. bankers now suggesting 7 to 11 rate hikes over the next year. And $185 oil price projections. Which economic school taught this math?

Interest rates hike em, drop ‘em, doesn’t much matter anymore. Apologies for being so cynical . . . .

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...
                                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.