• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fast Moving Incoming Recession . . . .

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hobbyfrmr View Post
    So far so good. I only had one problem with a hemp buyer in BC. Thankfully I had taken accounts receivable insurance on them. The credit check qualified them and quantified them. I refused to load the truck until they paid the uninsured difference up front. They could not seem to arrange those funds. I waited 9 months with the same tune. Finally I hired a lawyer to send them a registered letter to release me from the contract. Once that was in hand, one more phone call and the hemp sold to a more reputable hemp food company. That was a close call. That would have been a financial disaster for this farm.

I decided to learn about Bitcoin and now I am slowly stepping way from the government and banks. There is plenty of information on youtube and podcasts about bitcoin.
    Good to see your still around hobby 👍👍

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
      Good to see your still around hobby 👍👍
      Thank you, I appreciate it. I was lurking and then just lost interest.
      I have been following the pestilence tallys, cerb and govt printing $CAD to no end. I started looking for a defence strategy. The best I can gather is buy and hold some bitcoin. Its really volatile and fun to watch.

Comment

Can anybody comment on energy ETF's like Nuttals Nine Point.

Is there room left for more growth after recent run up?

Is it still better than cash if we continue to see inflation and general economic breakdown?

Comment

Originally posted by shtferbrains View Post
          Well just look where these companies were trading last time oil was triple digits.

IMO they are trying to shunt inflation into energy and let it take the blame. Probably some Great Reset Bullshit coming like solar and wind wont cause inflation.

The CEO of Blackrock said today the world is so short of energy he is expecting civil unrest.

Comment

Is it still better than cash if we continue to see inflation and general economic breakdown?
            If you want leverage on energy prices look no further then the zero carbon solution found right here in Sask. Uranium. 1lb of uranium contains the same amount of energy as a Super B full of oil. Uranium is only trading for about $40usd a lb. In 2008 it was trading at $140 so there is plenty of upside left and very little supply in the system.

Either the lights must shut off or the price needs to go much higher. My favorite is ISO.V located in Northern Sask, I've been in from under a $1 and won't be selling anytime soon with the best uranium intercept in the world of 73% U308 over 9m at just 80 meters depth. Thats some unbelievable spicy ground, their property borders Cameco ground. By my calculations 1 cubic meter along strike has a value of $360,000USD in situ.

There is also URC.V Uranium Royalty Corp. Royalty Co's are great as they are insulated from rising costs and risk is spread out between multiple producers. They receive a NSR (Net Smelters Return) right off the top usually for the life of the mines they helped finance.

Sprott offers a Uranium Etf I do believe.
            Last edited by biglentil; Oct 26, 2021, 18:16.

Comment

My charts have sell signals and suggest a 1-4 week pullback in both WTI oil and NNRG.

Both the WTI oil and NNRG charts have room to go higher.

I like NNRG above 28.34 but not below that price.

I don't own it and haven't considered buying it until now.

Click image for larger version

Name:	NNRG_2021-10-26_18-44-56.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	14.5 KB
ID:	771897

I can't comment on the second question.
              Last edited by wheatking16; Oct 26, 2021, 18:50.

Comment

After seeing Mr Treudau's new environment minister it looks suicidal to invest in Canadian oil patch. Same for Uranium or anything that disturbs a full on virtuous environmental image.
                Last one broke turn out the lights on Canadian resource developers.
                How do you invest in offshore oil and gas?
                They are going to boom.

Comment

After seeing Mr Treudau's new environment minister it looks suicidal to invest .
                  Use Canadian domiciled with large US operations.

Or just jump out of country to Exxon and the majors or just buy oil futures USL. AB may be a punching bag but Texas aint.

The more govt squeezes this resource, the higher it will go. The regulations backfire across the spectrum of society. Carbon tax is just a big boomerang right into the consumer pocket.

Comment

Asian steel prices under pressure . . . .

Now U.S. midwest hot rolled steel prices tumbled 6 percent in the past 24 hours. Deflation can reel-its-head in industrial sectors on any hint of drop in buyer demand.

Crude rally now appears supported by intense fund buying this week. No one want wants to miss out on the inflation gravy train. ’Buy it’ while it’s hot, they say . . . .

Comment

What day is everything going in the toilet?

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
                        A recession is in the cards for Canada for sure. The rest of the yr will be same as this quarter. Thats what happens when you spend your treasure buying votes instead of increasing productivity. We have all the inflation and no growth and no powder to throw at the next problem.

The loon will be 65c and it will be preceded by a credit downgrade and then interest rate increases. I dont like to think about monetary policy.
                        You made the same prediction regarding the Cdn $ last year when you shorted it. The Cdn $ dollar than went up and you bought it back when Biden got elected.

Jazz you have state over and over that oils going to the moon, the Cdn $ does follow oil.

Comment

So your right on board with Mr Treudau's plans for Canada then Forage?

He's your man?
                          Cabinet looks good for us all?

Comment

So your right on board with Mr Treudau's plans for Canada then Forage?

He's your man?
                            Cabinet looks good for us all?
                            My man was Paul Martin, since then there has been no P.M. or opposition leader worth mentioning.

Just questioning Jazz's yearly prediction on the down fall of the Cdn$.

Since you weighed in on the topic what does crystal ball tell you, or would you like let Jazz handle it?

Comment

Originally posted by foragefarmer View Post
                              My man was Paul Martin, since then there has been no P.M. or opposition leader worth mentioning.

Just questioning Jazz's yearly prediction on the down fall of the Cdn$.

Since you weighed in on the topic what does crystal ball tell you, or would you like let Jazz handle it?
                              The credit down grades are coming Forage. Don't doubt that for a minute. The loon is getting a free ride on oil for now along with people fleeing the USD. That won't last.

Remember being early is not being wrong. You should thank AB for keeping Canada solvent for now.

Comment

Paul Martin, the Finance Minister who laundered $250M back to the LPC, aka the sponsorship scandal, the guy who keeps his personal $30M fortune overseas as per the Panama Papers, yes he is great.
                                Last edited by Taiga; Oct 27, 2021, 07:19.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...
                                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.