• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fast Moving Incoming Recession . . . .

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by farming101 View Post
    Dow high on Aug 16 - 35,631.19. Suspecting it will stand. There now I said it, watch it go up some more. A 10% pullback certainly not out of the question.
    A little over a 5 percent pullback and off to the races again...35,669.69

Comment

Originally posted by farming101 View Post
      A little over a 5 percent pullback and off to the races again...35,669.69
      Have to give Errol credit for putting his predictions out there in public for all to see. It's easy to be a monday morning quarterback, like so many do.

Not sure anything is predictable at this time. Throw out the book, uncharted waters.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
        Have to give Errol credit for putting his predictions out there in public for all to see. It's easy to be a monday morning quarterback, like so many do.

Not sure anything is predictable at this time. Throw out the book, uncharted waters.

US regional banks are making new highs.

Click image for larger version

Name:	KRE_2021-10-20_11-43-32.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	12.4 KB
ID:	771847

TSX is also at ATH.

I am getting far more bullish than bearish signals.

Of course, that can change quickly.

Can we have both a recession and a stock market at ATH?

Comment

Originally posted by wheatking16 View Post
          US regional banks are making new highs.

[ATTACH]8959[/ATTACH]

TSX is also at ATH.

I am getting far more bullish than bearish signals.

Of course, that can change quickly.

Strap-in, markets may be in for harsh price volatility straight ahead. Massive global debt crisis is now being introduced to the new kid on the block; inflation. Who is going to beat on who?

Comment

Vix is at $15.44, almost half of the $26 it was a mere month ago. This looks like its in the historic low zone. Guess no one sees a major upheaval coming.
            Last edited by sumdumguy; Oct 21, 2021, 14:41.

Comment

Originally posted by wheatking16 View Post
              Why not, stock market is forward-looking recessions are already old news by the time the data is there to confirm.

Then when you add in the money flows from the rest of the world to North America which is becoming the only game in town, I'm not sure the fundamentals even matter at that point.

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
                Vix is at $15.44, almost half of the $26 it was a mere month ago. This looks like its in the historic low zone. Guess no one see a major upheaval coming.
                Definitely, the blinders are on . . . .

Comment

Originally posted by errolanderson View Post
                  Definitely, the blinders are on . . . .
                  errol maybe remove the fast incoming part. But yes there is no way this unstable abomination of an economy doesnt crash in some fashion in the next year.

Comment

Originally posted by errolanderson View Post
                    Strap-in, markets may be in for harsh price volatility straight ahead. Massive global debt crisis is now being introduced to the new kid on the block; inflation. Who is going to beat on who?
                    I know grain farmers are getting absolutely beat into the ground right now , ag industry beating on farmers now more than anytime in history . And the beating getting worse every day

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                      I know grain farmers are getting absolutely beat into the ground right now , ag industry beating on farmers now more than anytime in history . And the beating getting worse every day
                      Long ways from needing anything. panic buying making things worse

Comment

Certainly appears to me to be the most serious world wide economic breakdown of my lifetime.

Response from world leaders seems to be widespread deficit spending to never before seen levels.

Now we have "the most important"climate planing comming up that will probably have all kinds of virtue signaling resolutions that will kill economic growth and result in all kinds of new taxation streams.

Will there be any dissenting voices or will they all just jump in over thier heads with the chance to gain new revenue steams.

I have no doubt our acting prime minister will be an enthusiastic cheerleader. I can't even imagine what hairbrain resolutions he will come home with.

Comment

Well thats interesting. Numbnuts sold off all our gold a few yrs ago, now the BOC is buying again.

Click image for larger version

Name:	FCl5ZdUVcAAq1QQ.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	81.9 KB
ID:	771891

Comment

Originally posted by rumrocks View Post
                            Of all the currencies which one will handle this recession the best.
                            Bitcoin.

Comment

Originally posted by hobbyfrmr View Post
                              Bitcoin.
                              A while ago you mentioned that you were concerned about the financial stability or trustworthyness of your organic buyers.
                              Any updates on that front?

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
                                A while ago you mentioned that you were concerned about the financial stability or trustworthyness of your organic buyers.
                                Any updates on that front?
                                So far so good. I only had one problem with a hemp buyer in BC. Thankfully I had taken accounts receivable insurance on them. The credit check qualified them and quantified them. I refused to load the truck until they paid the uninsured difference up front. They could not seem to arrange those funds. I waited 9 months with the same tune. Finally I hired a lawyer to send them a registered letter to release me from the contract. Once that was in hand, one more phone call and the hemp sold to a more reputable hemp food company. That was a close call. That would have been a financial disaster for this farm.

I decided to learn about Bitcoin and now I am slowly stepping way from the government and banks. There is plenty of information on youtube and podcasts about bitcoin.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...
                                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.