• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Suicide In The Farm Community

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The sad part about when someone chooses suicide it almost validates it as an option for those contemplating it. Like in families, close circle of friends, with in communities like we are now seeing on Reserves.

Sad, don't open that door for anyone else...keep it tightly locked!

This post means don't choose suicide so to make other's think it is an option.... that is what I mean about keeping that door tightly locked.... do not open that door and go through it. This has nothing to do with NOT TALKING ABOUT IT AND SHUTTING OTHERS OUT SO YOU HAVE TO SUFFER ALONE AND IN SILENCE. HONEST AN OPEN DIALOG IS WHAT IS NEEDED.

Somehow I feel like I needed to explain myself and defend the comment.
    Last edited by farmaholic; Nov 4, 2016, 11:19.

Comment

Originally posted by parsley View Post
      Thank you for your comments Mark

1. "Not sure if you are aware or not but they take 5 - 7.9% in the crowd funding site." Yes we are. This provides a service. The venue is international. It also allows people to pay online.

2. "Another option is you can also make donations at the Weyburn Credit Union. Crane Children trust fund. "

You will note that Boarderbloke already previously posted the option you listed:
      "BOARDERBLOKE 18
      NOV 3, 2016 15:53
      http://obits.dignitymemorial.com/dig...71&mid=715081

3. Note the differentiation: The fundraising Larry set up provides IMMEDIATE money for the family's immediate needs. Michelle can withdraw in a day or two. The Crane children's trust fund is a trust account.

Just so there is no confusion. Pars
      Like I said Carol, it's a great idea. Great idea because of the availability of immediate funds to help out in a difficult time. 👍

Comment

Let no one of us keep any door locked.

Comment

Feel so terrible for his young family, please donate everyone! So many questions that will never be answered.
          Last edited by biglentil; Nov 3, 2016, 22:39.

Comment

There are many physiological problems that can really destroy the mind. Growths, tumors or fluid changed the gentlest, sweetest older lady into the total opposite. I actually saw two different people who were affected so drastically as to make them suicidal. Their problem was repaired and they reverted back to their old selves. In all fairness to Cotton, there might have been some physiological problem and it wasn't choice at all.

Comment

Might be right dumguy. I believe Cotton had posted that he had been diagnosed with brain cancer.

None the less, an awful loss.

We should all remember to hug those we love, since you just never know in this world what lies around the next corner. Life can change in an instant.

Comment

Just seen the fundraising page shared on the Canadian Farm Community Facebook page.

Comment

Perhaps i have listened to Coast to Coast too often on night radio

But a strange thing happened to me the day Cotton died.

On Jun 24, 2016, I messaged Cotton on Facebook; for some reason worried about him. He did not reply.

He finally replied to me the evening of 7 October, 2016, and there was angst in his message.

I replied the next morning, saying
                  "Tell me about your health."

He never did reply.

But on Hallowe'en Night, 2016, at 3:30 or 4:00 in the morning I awoke and sat up in bed. I'm a sound sleeper. I rarely have dreams I can recall. I sleep like a log. But I awakened, and Cotton was in my mind.

There was no picture from a dream in my mind.. All I saw was black in my mind. No colour. No sound. No smell. Just this sense of blackness enveloped me; unpleasant it was. I'm rarely awakened in the nite. Usually cats yowling Or someone turning the door knob will have me awake instantly, coming from the days long gone when I awaited the children getting home.

But this was an unfamiliar sensation.

I ignored it, and went back to sleep.

Nov 1, 2016 passed with no incident or
                  feelings, but I had a message waiting for me the morning of November 2nd at 6:27 AM from his wife:

"Carol I'm writing with bad news that chad passed away yesterday. The kids and I are devastated but I know he really looked up to and held you in a regard and I thought you would want to know"

It stunned me. And then I recalled the darkness.

Was my awakening a phenomenon? A coincidence? Was I in another dimension? Was it a spirit? A transcendental experience? It was not my imagination

One thing is for sure... We do affect one another. Even if we don't realize it. But can two people who have never met each other communicate offline?

I just haven't figured out where the sensation came from. But should I know who sent it?

Paint me quite mad.

Comment

There is more to Nature than science alone, parsley.

Comment

Parsley, knowledge, worry and intuition. The brain never sleeps

Comment

Originally posted by Blaithin View Post
                        Just seen the fundraising page shared on the Canadian Farm Community Facebook page.
                        Awe, that was me. I shared it. Bless you all.

XO

~Louise

Comment

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post
                          Let no one of us keep any door locked.
                          What a wonderful quote....

Comment

Originally posted by LWeber View Post
                            Keep your head up as well as possible for the kids and know that you have many that are thinking of you.

Sincerely,
                            Larry Weber
                            Larry Weber, you are an amazing man.

Bless your heart!

Comment

Thank you, Louise, for sharing our message, and also for your kind words during this difficult time for a farm family. Parsley.

Comment

Thank you Parsley and Larry for helping us show the family that we cared deeply for Cotton and for his family.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...
                                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.