• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Referendum

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
    When was the last time Saskatchewan was a have not province ? I forget who was politically in charge of the province at that time
    Wasn't it Grant Devine?

Times were tough with all the droughts, bad crops, low prices, high interest rates in the 1980s when Grant just about the bankrupted the province and 1/2 the caucus was charged and convicted of expense account fraud.

Those were the good ol days!

The money from those "eastern bastards" kept many a farm afloat. LOL
    Last edited by chuckChuck; Oct 24, 2021, 10:45.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
      Wasn't it Grant Devine?

Times were tough with all the droughts, bad crops, low prices, high interest rates in the 1980s when Grant just about the bankrupted the province and 1/2 the caucus was charged and convicted of expense account fraud.

Those were the days!

The money from those "eastern bastards" kept many a farm afloat. LOL
      Oh hold on there chucky cheese it the money stole from western farmers via the wcb they would owe us a hell of a lot more! “Lol”

Comment

Sask was last a have not province during the Calvert Romanow years - late 90s to early 2000s. When the entire world economy was going gangbusters, we got our little pathetic welfare cheque from the feds and were supposed to be happy.

Now the Sask economy is so resilient it can take an oil shock, a potash shock, an ag shock and a covid shock in the same year and still not trigger the formula for payout.

Meanwhile, look whos crying again.

Click image for larger version

Name:	que2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	54.8 KB
ID:	771873
        Last edited by jazz; Oct 24, 2021, 10:22.

Comment

Alberta gains 3 seats

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
            A5 the issue is ivermectin should not be used to treat or prevent covid. But you persist in denying it is an issue. WTF is wrong with you?
            Just more distraction instead of dealing with the real issue. You are siding with the rabid antivaxers and ivermectin pushers
            Do you really find these ridiculous strawman agruments to be an effective debating tool? You can keep on trying if you like, but I won't be conned into defending myself against baseless accusations.

I don't have a horse in this race, except I am concerned that if you keep spreading fake news about Ivermectin, it may not be available for its on-label use for our cattle, because your misinformation campaign may result in it being over regulated or even banned for its intended uses.

The issue is that you purposefully spread fake news, and refuse to even acknowledge it, even while accusing others of doing so. Aided and abetted by the official BS watchdog, dmlfarmer. In fact you even doubled down by reposting even more fake news in response to being called out on it the first time.
            Last edited by AlbertaFarmer5; Oct 24, 2021, 23:52.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
              Do you really find these ridiculous strawman agruments to be an effective debating tool? You can keep on trying if you like, but I won't be conned into defending myself against baseless accusations.

I don't have a horse in this race, except I am concerned that if you keep spreading fake news about Ivermectin, it may not be available for its on-label use for our cattle, because your misinformation campaign may result in it being over regulated or even banned for its intended uses.

The issue is that you purposefully spread fake news, and refuse to even acknowledge it, even while accusing others of doing so. Aided and abetted by the official BS watchdog, dmlfarmer. In fact you even doubled down by reposting even more fake news in response to being called out on it the first time.
              So the reports from poison control centres across North America about invermectin calls and the health official warnings that it doesn't work and its can be dangerous to self administer are all fake news? Give up you are wasting your time A5 going down this rabbit hole.

Speaking of straw man arguments, you are worried about it not being available for livestock? Well then, you might want to speak up and tell the truth that there is no evidence it works against covid and that it can be dangerous to self administer.

Keep digging yourself into a deeper ivermectin is okay hole A5. LOL
              Last edited by chuckChuck; Oct 25, 2021, 07:26.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
                Sask was last a have not province during the Calvert Romanow years - late 90s to early 2000s. When the entire world economy was going gangbusters, we got our little pathetic welfare cheque from the feds and were supposed to be happy.

Now the Sask economy is so resilient it can take an oil shock, a potash shock, an ag shock and a covid shock in the same year and still not trigger the formula for payout.

Meanwhile, look whos crying again.

[ATTACH]8992[/ATTACH]
                Hmmm that’s the time period I was thinking

Comment

Trudeaus new middle finger to the west. Weird how we get rid of one phsyco there is another worse one ready to step in.

AB/SK should have separated yrs ago. Maybe they will think about it now a little harder. Buckle up.

Click image for larger version

Name:	gb.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	94.1 KB
ID:	771890

Comment

Quebec should lose that one seat and PEI at least two. The rest of welfareville would likely loose seats as well. That would guarantee three less crooks in the HOC. The screwed up electoral system makes turdhole as much a fake PM as biden is fake president. Separation now.

Comment

Originally posted by ajl View Post
                      Quebec should lose that one seat and PEI at least two. The rest of welfareville would likely loose seats as well. That would guarantee three less crooks in the HOC. The screwed up electoral system makes turdhole as much a fake PM as biden is fake president. Separation now
                      If you go on number of voters per elect I would say Saskatchewan would lose a seat also.

Comment

I see the Alberta Referendum result was announced today; 62% in favour of renegotiation of equalization... UCP got something right!

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by TOM4CWB View Post
                          I see the Alberta Referendum result was announced today; 62% in favour of renegotiation of equalization... UCP got something right!

Cheers
                          Yesterday Kenney said 62% of Albertans supported renegotiation of equalization. First, that was not the question that was asked. The actual referendum question was: Should section 36(2) of the Constitution Act, 1982 – Parliament and the government of Canada’s commitment to the principle of making equalization payments – be removed from the constitution?

But then when challenged on this claim of the percentage of ALBERTANS who were in favor given only 38% of Albertans bothered to vote he clarified that 62% of those who voted were in favor of the question.

But this morning I see even this claim is a fabrication as the official election Alberta count https://officialresults.elections.ab.ca/orResultsReferendum2021.cfm?EventId=68RQ1&QUESTION NO=1
                          shows he did not include blank ballots or spoiled ballots when coming up with his percentage. In fact there were 642,501 yes votes out of 1,092,639 electors who accepted the referendum ballot for a percentage of 58.8% who actually voted yes on the referendum question

Must be following the proposed UPC education curriculum to have come up with his initial 62% or Albertans in favor claim, or is he just a habitual liar?

Comment

Originally posted by dmlfarmer View Post
                            Yesterday Kenney said 62% of Albertans supported renegotiation of equalization. First, that was not the question that was asked. The actual referendum question was: Should section 36(2) of the Constitution Act, 1982 – Parliament and the government of Canada’s commitment to the principle of making equalization payments – be removed from the constitution?

But then when challenged on this claim of the percentage of ALBERTANS who were in favor given only 38% of Albertans bothered to vote he clarified that 62% of those who voted were in favor of the question.

But this morning I see even this claim is a fabrication as the official election Alberta count https://officialresults.elections.ab.ca/orResultsReferendum2021.cfm?EventId=68RQ1&QUESTION NO=1
                            shows he did not include blank ballots or spoiled ballots when coming up with his percentage. In fact there were 642,501 yes votes out of 1,092,639 electors who accepted the referendum ballot for a percentage of 58.8% who actually voted yes on the referendum question

Must be following the proposed UPC education curriculum to have come up with his initial 62% or Albertans in favor claim, or is he just a habitual liar?
                            So kinda like our last Federal election , how many actually voted for the liberals ??
                            I get your point , but do you ?

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                              So kinda like our last Federal election , how many actually voted for the liberals ??
                              I get your point , but do you ?
                              Or like the 2019 Alberta election where the UPC won 72% of the seats with only 54.88% of the vote. First past the post benefits both left and right parties.

And I don't think you do get my point which is Kenney demand for change gets weaker every time he is caught inflating the results.

Comment

Kenney's referendum will go no where. It's just more politics to take the attention off his dismal record and ratings.

The referendum results were predictable considering the fact most people don't understand how the federal program works. Case in point. How many times do you see comments on Agrisilly that Alberta has to stop paying equalization to Quebec? There is no such program of payments from Alberta to Quebec. Nor is it true that Quebec's hydro resources are not included in the equalization formulae.

The last prime minister to change the equalization formula was Steve Harper and Kenney was in the cabinet! They tweaked it a little. If Kenney thought they could negotiate a better deal for Alberta that was their best opportunity.

So if the program was fundamentally flawed then as it is now, why didn't they advocate getting rid of it?

When the rest of the country looks at the fact that Alberta is a way better off than them with higher per capita incomes and a higher fiscal capacity primarily because of their luck at sitting on large oil and gas reserves, it's hard to argue that Alberta is put at a disadvantage. Especially as oil prices surge and consumers will be transferring a lot of their wealth to oil companies in Alberta. The timing to cry wolf about equalization couldn't be worse for Kenney.

Sure Alberta contributes a lot of federal taxes to a federal program. But the reality is Alberta has a lot of advantages and pays a lot of taxes because of their high per capita income advantage.
                                Last edited by chuckChuck; Oct 27, 2021, 07:19.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...
                                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.