• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Off topic new driving law

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Off topic new driving law

In the name of road safety understand reason.

$185 fine in my state as of tommorow eating while driving, drinking a coffee or soda.

Death of drive through diners.

I always take a travel mug with me in morning.

Not that we have a police presence here.

But have to be careful in larger towns.

Revenue raising maybe safer roads hopefully.

Feel sorry for long haul truckers.

"Open liquor" charges now expanded to "open coffee"?

Comment

I close my eyes 12,000 times a day. Probably shouldn't be on the road....(Sarcasm)

Comment

Welcome to the police state. Governments are trying to increase fine revenue by using chinaflu as the excuse. Everything you do is now deemed illegal.

Comment

Now that’s plain crazy.

Comment

Distracted driving law here has been in force a few years now (includes food and drink) Surprisingly hasn't affected drive through volume. I have no concerns about safety while I'm eating but most of the population cant handle driving safely with both hands on the wheel.

Was a case in the news of a woman fighting her ticket that got a fair bit of media attention because she felt it was her right, not sure how it turned out. She was eating hot soup, one hand holding the bowl, the other holding the spoon.
            Last edited by GDR; Jan 14, 2021, 08:40.

Comment

Originally posted by GDR View Post
              Distracted driving law here has been in force a few years now (includes food and drink) Surprisingly hasn't affected drive through volume. I have no concerns about safety while I'm eating but most of the population cant handle driving safely with both hands on the wheel.

Was a case in the news of a woman fighting her ticket that got a fair bit of media attention because she felt it was her right, not sure how it turned out. She was eating hot soup, one hand holding the bowl, the other holding the spoon.
              Yeah great point about how different ppl have different abilities. Some can text and drive safely, some can’t even tune the radio without swerving recklessly.

I say part of the driving test should include texting while driving, eating a Big Mac with Canadian beef, and shaving. Then those of us who pass, can get exemptions when stopped, because we have a n upper class, let’s call it an FDP license. (Food, drink and phone)

Comment

Smoking in the car is illegal if some passengers are children under 16 I think in many countries, for health reasons. Smoking while driving should be illegal regardless
                Its a worse impediment than eating or drinking I think. Many vehicles haven't had ashtrays for years now. So that means no more cup holders?

Comment

There’s hardly anyone on the roads and streets any more.

Comment

Originally posted by Sheepwheat View Post
                    Yeah great point about how different ppl have different abilities. Some can text and drive safely, some can’t even tune the radio without swerving recklessly.

I say part of the driving test should include texting while driving, eating a Big Mac with Canadian beef, and shaving. Then those of us who pass, can get exemptions when stopped, because we have a n upper class, let’s call it an FDP license. (Food, drink and phone)
                    I can and do all those things with ease and safely. But you forgot the most important things to do while driving, look at the crops, rubber neck when the neighbour buys a new piece of equipment, crane your neck to see if that cow is dead or calving, roll down the window, yell and honk the horn at that cow pushing through the barb wire, hold your hand up to block the sun out of your eyes while trying to see if that combine is making dust or he us just taking it off tough. Sure hope they dont make a special test to do those safely cause think I might be walking!

Comment

Originally posted by Sheepwheat View Post

Ever seen the Mr Bean episode with him being late and dressing in the car ? Priceless !
                      Last edited by Toast; Jan 14, 2021, 09:30.

Comment

Originally posted by GDR View Post
                        I can and do all those things with ease and safely. But you forgot the most important things to do while driving, look at the crops, rubber neck when the neighbour buys a new piece of equipment, crane your neck to see if that cow is dead or calving, roll down the window, yell and honk the horn at that cow pushing through the barb wire, hold your hand up to block the sun out of your eyes while trying to see if that combine is making dust or he us just taking it off tough. Sure hope they dont make a special test to do those safely cause think I might be walking!

Hate to admit it, but that’s my habit too.

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
                          There’s hardly anyone on the roads and streets any more.
                          ?
                          Soon only 'legal' to " 'drive'" a Tesla self driving car in cities?

Covid-19 made more 'changes' in a year than decades preceding...

How soon Will they monitor drivers tractors and combines... [will need a special licence and learners permit with graduated farm operating permit]?

Stats Canada now after capacity of each of our grain bins... and how full they are...! After us for calling 2 months 7 days a week....Feds $1K fines since 2015 for not 'giving info...I don't answer land line... get rid of it?

Insanity...
                          Last edited by TOM4CWB; Jan 14, 2021, 09:41.

Comment

I told the stupid idiots I was out of the country

Comment

Originally posted by Bin Lurking View Post
                              Smoking in the car is illegal if some passengers are children under 16 I think in many countries, for health reasons. Smoking while driving should be illegal regardless
                              Its a worse impediment than eating or drinking I think. Many vehicles haven't had ashtrays for years now. So that means no more cup holders?
                              Smoking while driving should be illegal eh?
                              Does your wife mind that you can't kiss and duck at the same time?
                              Either way, more for the enforcing officer's discretion.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.