• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

$ 8.00 wheat

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by crusher View Post
    I've already received a bid of $8 for May/21. G3
    Thats a really good price considering the $7 bids here. I’ll bite. Whats the story with that price?

Comment

#2. 13.5 protein

Comment

Originally posted by Herc View Post
        Thats a really good price considering the $7 bids here. I’ll bite. Whats the story with that price?
        That's a good question Herc.

I'm not doubting you on the $8.00/bus crusher , but I'm thinking your wheat might be meeting some specific parameters???

That or G3 knows something about future wheat prices, that all the rest of us are still in the dark about,,, which is possibility not unreasonable.

Wheat going to western Europe?

okay, I see your reply above. Very low parameters, considering the volume of high quality wheat around this year.
        Is it for a particular variety?
        Last edited by beaverdam; Dec 30, 2020, 09:43.

Comment

Originally posted by beaverdam View Post

I'm not doubting you on the $8.00/bus crusher , but I'm thinking your wheat might be meeting some specific parameters???

That or G3 knows something about future wheat prices, that all the rest of us are still in the dark about,,, which is possibility not unreasonable.

okay, I see your reply above. Very low parameters, considering the volume of high quality wheat around this year.
          The saudis might not be able to get wheat from their current suppliers and maybe they, like me, are hoping Freeland and gang are gone soon...therefore G3 may be working to guarantee supplies??????
          Last edited by bucket; Dec 30, 2020, 09:58.

Comment

I see wheat up big this morning,
            Chicago up 20
            Kansas up 16
            Minneapolis up 12

no yearend selloff,,, at this point.

Comment

Likely G3 has less long term agreements with price attached and is selling a greater percentage into the spot market than other companies

Comment

For this marketing year G3 has been the front runner, something is different this year as basis has been higher than previous years even though our dollar is higher, that should translate to a lower basis. I locked in my basis earlier at $1.54 and now not sure if that was a good idea, still have to lock in mr futures for July but at today’s current price that would bring me to $7.68 for a #1-13.5. I think I will ride this a little longer yet as the market for wheat seems a little bit nervous and am thinking it will move up with a spring rally to buy acres.

Comment

I see wheat up big this morning,
                  Chicago up 20
                  Kansas up 16
                  Minneapolis up 12

no yearend selloff,,, at this point.
                  Minneapolis up 15 cents.
                  Soybeans futures cracked $13.

Comment

Must be time for a rocket.

Click image for larger version

Name:	42E32CCE-1DEC-4FD4-A67A-2D9022F372B2.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	20.0 KB
ID:	770594

Comment

Originally posted by Sodbuster View Post
                      Must be time for a rocket.

[ATTACH]7307[/ATTACH]
                      On Agtalk, they say that rocket pictures are rally killers! Put it away! lol

I say bring on the rally, I have been stockpiling a few years for this moment!

Comment

Text today from Richardson with No1 13.5 about 6.99 for April.

P&H usually the leader here and could use a G3 to compete with them. Richardson and Viterra are not really in the ball park.

Comment

Originally posted by agstar77 View Post
                          8.00 and a 1 million combine or air drill still does not compute.
                          It does if you get huge subsidizes. Watch some of those USA farmers on youtube, they love new paint, and grain legs, they cant spend the money fast enough. They keep driving our input prices up and commodity prices down.

Comment

Originally posted by seldomseen View Post
                            Text today from Richardson with No1 13.5 about 6.99 for April.

P&H usually the leader here and could use a G3 to compete with them. Richardson and Viterra are not really in the ball park.
                            G3 usually the leader here on bids. I think their connection with Bunge has a lot to do with their aggressive bids, Bunge buys and sells into every corner of the planet, Richardson, maybe not so much. Also G3 can load some pretty big trains..150 cars, and loop them back to forth between elevator and terminal, so more grain can be shipped on tighter margins? Anyways, its great we have an international grain buyer in the prairies to compete the the 3 Canadian families.

Comment

Definitely moving here.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
                                What are you guys buying? A $100k drill and a slightly used $200k combine will do the same job as any newer equipment.

Maybe thats the real problem in ag, not the wheat prices.
                                Someone has to buy new. I depend on that so I can buy their third hand equipment. 🤣

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...
                                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.