• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

$ 8.00 wheat

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

$ 8.00 wheat

G3 text $ 7.35 for May so maybe we are heading that way?

Wheat is the sleeper they want all sold early so like Canola and Peas all gone before the farmers realize its really climbing.

20 USA subsidy an acre helps Americans because it's on all wheat acres.

I seeded 5000 so $100,000.00 USA would sure be a nice check to open. In Canada Actors get paid, foreign countries get billions, dairy and chicken out east get paid. We lose canola get nothing.

So yes a System like the USA has all grain sales known, price of sale and where its going.

Comment

Heard of 7.75 for June into G3 Swift Current ...maybe to fill the new elevator and let it settle....

Comment

So will you guys bother with $8 targets or wait it out and see ?

Comment

My low protein 2020 wheat is gone ....sold it at 5.75 to make room for flax....which has rallied 4 bucks a bushel since September. ...

My wheat at best would have only been worth 6.25 today...so I can't and won't complain....

I think there may be a play yet for 7 dollar feed wheat....cough ....because it will still be milling wheat at coast....

95 percent of wheat made top grades this year....they are blending chicken feed and still making minimum specs....

Comment

Russian wheat exports have now been lowered from 40.8 million to 36.3 million MT largely due to the incoming February $30/MT gov't export tax pressured by Putin to battle domestic food inflation.

This is bullish wheat (IMO) . . . .

Comment

Errol Canada always throws wheat with Durum.

A lot of durum was seeded in 2020.

Maybe the wheat crop wasn't as big as they say in Canada. Similar to the Canola lie.

Nah the experts are correct all the time.

Also, Errol why cant Canada have all sales showed and price and destination.

Why couldn't gov force companies to do that instead we have the cone of silence.

Comment

Hopefully your right Errol
                Wheat has languished for a long time while most everything else has been brought back from artificial low prices .

Comment

8.00 and a 1 million combine or air drill still does not compute.

Comment

sprayer and tractor and air drill and combines. All so close to the million-dollar club each. We still get paid in 1928 prices. Wheat would be 27 with inflation factored in. Bread would be up, what .50 cents a loaf.

Its a joke. the whole of ag.

Comment

We are delivering the last of our synergy malt.
                      Even with the shitty malt price,with our last yr yields we need $9.36 for our wht to be the same return as malt.

Comment

Originally posted by agstar77 View Post
                        8.00 and a 1 million combine or air drill still does not compute.
                        What are you guys buying? A $100k drill and a slightly used $200k combine will do the same job as any newer equipment.

Maybe thats the real problem in ag, not the wheat prices.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
                          sprayer and tractor and air drill and combines. All so close to the million-dollar club each. We still get paid in 1928 prices. Wheat would be 27 with inflation factored in. Bread would be up, what .50 cents a loaf.

Its a joke. the whole of ag.
                          Maybe you should cash in your Agri-invest.. ...

Bibeau is disappointed there is 2.5 billion sitting in those accounts.

..what Bibeau doesn't realize is 2.5 billion won't pay the fuel bills for western Canadian farmers spring seeding efforts....

Comment

Bucket that may be true that 2.5 billion could be used for fuel this spring seeding, but I 'll bet there will still be 2.5 billion sitting in Aginvest on July 1/2021.

Farmers have to draw it out every year before the Governments "Might "think there's a problem with Western Canadian Ag.

Comment

I've already received a bid of $8 for May/21. G3

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.